Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny do I sance you feelings are hurt. I thought they took the right group of teams. In my opinion it should have been ten teams. That woud make it bit better. Both you and I know it is all about control. Kids from your area can join MSL when it kicks in. You can go to same tournaments in US. I see no problem. Your coast will be less than half of HPL. I think there is going to be just as many good kids in MSL. Metro Select league. It only depands on coaches. I am coaching bunch of kids in lower level. To tell you the trought kids are one or two players away from gold level. I started with them in bronze. In my opinion it is what you put in and what you teach. Fat kids grow up and go skiny skiny kids change and put on LBS. We are all rushing so fast to get there. It is totaly about development. In my opinion our problem is in reffing. If you would have seen the game today most likeley you woud have thrown cow paddy at todays ref. Kids from other team were loughing so hard. All they said we need ref like that and we will be first in the league.
Two three offside goals.Our kids wanted to sit down on the field in protest. I keapt them going just make sure that the same guy does not show up next week. One hates to see reffs do that but what can one do. It was his show today. I think he will stop refing soon.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here you go. The first bit of BCPL-specific tryout info.

Vancouver-Richmond u13 B&G: BCPL: Vancouver-Richmond out of the gates | Monday morning centreback

Couple of coaches with big reps. Good start. High price. No mention of "if unable to afford..." (Or did I miss it if it does touch on this?). I suspect you'll start getting tryout dates from Surrey United next...but the rest are focused on the last year of SYL and need to set those squads up first. Likely just see many of the same players...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did mention it at the end.......regarding not being able to afford it..........

I have one simple question..........WHY the fcuk do the kids have to pay $20 each to tryout? This is a BC Soccer type of thing to do. Let the kids just tryout.....they will be gouging them enough for money later on. Is there a secondary 'fee' once they get through the first stages of cuts? :confused:

Seriously, it has hard to understand why they have to charge that money for a kid to tryout. Bollocks to that.

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those were my thoughts as well. Where does the money go?
Better Mirror, i know for a fact that in the Richmond/Vancouver bid that 10% of the registration fees will go for the players that can't afford it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here you go. The first bit of BCPL-specific tryout info.

Vancouver-Richmond u13 B&G: BCPL: Vancouver-Richmond out of the gates | Monday morning centreback

Couple of coaches with big reps. Good start. High price. No mention of "if unable to afford..." (Or did I miss it if it does touch on this?). I suspect you'll start getting tryout dates from Surrey United next...but the rest are focused on the last year of SYL and need to set those squads up first. Likely just see many of the same players...
Congrats Gaffa on the gig!

A bit surprised that Randee would be there though and not Surrey United - perhaps the opportunity is better for her out there.

JJ is the TD? Didn't Findley apply for that one?

Cheers,

Regs.

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have one simple question..........WHY the fcuk do the kids have to pay $20 each to tryout? This is a BC Soccer type of thing to do. Let the kids just tryout.....they will be gouging them enough for money later on. Is there a secondary 'fee' once they get through the first stages of cuts? :confused:

Seriously, it has hard to understand why they have to charge that money for a kid to tryout. Bollocks to that.

BC Soccer has nothing to do with the assessment fee. It is a franchise decision. Secondly, out of exactly which bank account are the (non-club based) PL clubs supposed to pay for the field rentals and evaluators?

Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone that resorts to swearing, displays ignorance, and makes inflammatory statements to consider that tryout fees are a practical necessity however unlovely they may appear.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer has nothing to do with the assessment fee. It is a franchise decision. Secondly, out of exactly which bank account are the (non-club based) PL clubs supposed to pay for the field rentals and evaluators?

Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone that resorts to swearing, displays ignorance, and makes inflammatory statements to consider that tryout fees are a practical necessity however unlovely they may appear.

Good point, Cassis.....struggling with a nasty chest flu at the moment.........however, I still think it is a blooming joke that the kids have to pay $20 to tryout for anything. As for the clubs you are talking about, surely they have enough money in their accounts to cover the fields and not rob the kids of $20? Just a thought.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I didn't say BC Soccer had anything to do with it.....I said it was a BC Soccer type of thing to do as they charge their players to initially tryout........awesome.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Two thoughts:

1.: How about calling a spade a spade? It is an effing joke to charge a try-out fee. How about get your shite together?
2.: You logged onto a site called "Take the Piss". What the fcuk did you expect?

Rigger15

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why $20? Why not? Lot's of parents put there kids value higher than it actually is. Charging $20 weeds out a lot of kids that "just want the experince of trying". I have seen it time and time again kids at a level well below the standard on the field making the whole evaluation poor due to their parents dream of being the next big thing.

It's been intersting lurking for many months now and listening to the "opinions" of all. Not many facts go on in these forms and makes me wonder how long it will be before the league blows up due to all the negative ney sayers.

By the way teach some of these TTP's how to use a spell check!

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Cassis.....struggling with a nasty chest flu at the moment.........however, I still think it is a blooming joke that the kids have to pay $20 to tryout for anything. As for the clubs you are talking about, surely they have enough money in their accounts to cover the fields and not rob the kids of $20? Just a thought.

I agree. I don't like the idea either. (btw, I am not connected to the VR club). I think that the so-called super-clubs may very well do that, which is great. For partnership- based clubs however, the situation is trickier. What club do they ask? I know that for one franchise, they have done exactly that - asked the local clubs for help in acquiring, but not necessarily paying for, field times. The cities, in turn, are beginning to realize that HPL franchises are not necessarily drawing players from within the boundaries of the city, which changes (sometimes dramatically) the fees (since preferred rates are given only to teams whose rosters meet some minimum criteria of residency in the city). So even if a local club books the time, the fee charged is quite a bit higher. In addition, the cities wnat to do business directly with the HPL club and not via some local club proxy.

As for evaluators, good luck getting local clubs to pay up front for those.

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two thoughts:

1.: How about calling a spade a spade? It is an effing joke to charge a try-out fee. How about get your shite together?
2.: You logged onto a site called "Take the Piss". What the fcuk did you expect?

1. You're right. Everything should be free. We should all work for nothing. No one in the history of the world has ever charged for any type of an assessment ever so this is an affront. Lets all move to, I dunno, North Korea. Get real. We live in a user-pay society like it or not. Not everything is subsidized. And while you don't have to like it, it is far from an "effing joke". Maybe spend 15 seconds thinking about the situation before rattling off spurious and obscenity-laced comments?
2. Classic. Swear all you want, which I personally don't give a rip about and which is evidently not a problem for you, but do so within the framework of an intelligent, articulate post. Or is that too much to ask?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rigger15- Really ?????

By the way teach some of these TTP's how to use a spell check![/QUOTE]

It's been intersting lurking for many months now

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why $20? Why not? Lot's of parents put there kids value higher than it actually is. Charging $20 weeds out a lot of kids that "just want the experince of trying". I have seen it time and time again kids at a level well below the standard on the field making the whole evaluation poor due to their parents dream of being the next big thing.It's been intersting lurking for many months now and listening to the "opinions" of all. Not many facts go on in these forms and makes me wonder how long it will be before the league blows up due to all the negative ney sayers.

By the way teach some of these TTP's how to use a spell check!

So charging $20 is the answer? FFS.......How about letting the coaches make the decision without the parents paying $20? That is simple enough, isn't?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it true all the 8 franchises awarded had members in the originial HPL Board? :confused: WTF?

HPL committee members that had ties to a winning club:
Dalrymple/Clarke/Foden – SU
Ciaccia – Bby/NS
Knight/Nicholl/Laycock – Abby/Chilli
Maglio/Price – CMF
Conners/Rogers - SF
Haber - Van/Rich
Korberg - Okanagan

Allen/Findlay/Lenarduzzi are the others ...

Not to further the conspiracy theory but look at those relationships!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0