Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Founding Franchises

soccer stats

Feb 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW WHAT A DAY. I AM SO EXCITED. ALL WHO CRYIED POLITICS CAN NOW BE ASSURED THAT BC SOCCER PICKED THE 8 BEST PICKS ACCORDING TO THE CRITERIA THEY SET IN THE BEGINING.

Probably a lot of ppl celebrating today and I think the whole soccer comunity should celebrate as we could all be hopefully witnessing some good soccer in years to come.

Few comments on the side
1- I hear as PAFC gave Abby a run for their money, history was too much for the PAFC boys to overcome as I believe they were 2 years too early but I think those boys will have to showcase now that the group wasnt opurtunist and will work togther for a while.

2- I wonder how SFC feels about being hit with reality. Hopefully the arrogance will leave them now along with all the talent that has probally already contacted Surrey United. Would they try to repair relationship with Central City Breakers as those guys were the wild card that really did the Surdel Peg bid no favours by joining PAFC. Looks like a long road ahead and real devistation as they were 200% convinced they had a franchise.
3- What happens with ND do they go back to Delta District, would they take them back as fedders.

Yeah tonite some are sitting at home with sad faces but I am celebrating as Soccer won and BC Soccer made sure that all politics was on the curb away from the sport. Kudos to Steave Allan and his team.

soccer stats

Feb 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be stunned they are no longer the mega club that people think of them. they are at number 3 in regards with membership amoung the 4 clubs in Surrey. Great call on behalf of BC Soccer to recognise that.

Google Guy

Feb 17, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been watching this for sometime and have noticed that the once major soccer power SFC has fallen hard. The old saying "the bigger you are the harder you fall" This CCB club appears they have done enough to de throne the past power house. I heard so much smack from Bullock over the months that it was making me sick and now I can't find him or anyone else from SYS after the announcement. Not sure about all your stats soccer stats but if you are right it means the BC soccer knows the past mega club is gone and is a shell of it's former past. 2 questions for the fine folks who are on this thread. 1st who was in charge of the SFC bid was it that poorly written that they were in the same boat as the underdogs Pitt and CCB
And 2nd why was CCB not chosen to join the SYS bid. I have heard rumors from friends and soccer parents that SYS was so sure they were going to get HPL that excluded other clubs from Surrey. It must sure suck to be SFC now! Great Job SA, BTW Semi there's a fire sale of top players heading your way! Lol.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Island is a strange place to compare to that of the Mainland because it is a region from Victoria up to Powell River." You do know that Powell river is not on the Island ?

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens now for the clubs who joined forces as a ploy to get a HPL spot and missed out ?

I wonder if they will still stay loyal to their newly formed alliances !!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would they? Thry were alligned solely for the political & membership aspect required to win a franchise. They didn't, so i expect those "clubs" that were formed (PAFC, for example) will now be expunged. There is no more purpose for them.

Seems a lot of former SFC now CCB people are happy for SFC's failure, more so than being disappointed at their own club's failure.

There were two Surrey Based clubs selected: Surrey United (IMO and most, a no brainer), and PAU is in too. Doesn't it say something when BC Soccer looks at both CCB and SFC and both end up on the short end of the stick?

BTW...although I'm not an HPL supporter, I'm happy to see SU and CFM as two of the founding franchises. Both clubs have been on the leading edge of footballing development in the lower mainland (along w/ the old SFC, before politics and CCFC tore it apart), especially CFM. When we were little kids we used to go watch the Wolves play and look up to those guys, and aspire to get to that level.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we were little kids we used to go watch the Wolves play and look up to those guys, and aspire to get to that level.
No wonder you're shite.

:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have ridden our BMX bikes to Surrey or Delta and watched you to learn the move, but were afraid of being beat-up and having our bikes stolen. So we were forced to admire Fat Monkey.

islandsoccer

Jan 13, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Island is a strange place to compare to that of the Mainland because it is a region from Victoria up to Powell River." You do know that Powell river is not on the Island ?

geeez, semantics!

Part of the UISA district! so while not physically Islanders they play in the various island leagues (VISL etc).

islandsoccer

Jan 13, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
in reply to geordie:

why would they? unless their societies take the progressive long term approach and now start to restructure, I fear it is a return to the way things were... until next time a call gos out for a HPL franchise, and then new partnerships could be formed in 2 or 3 years time.... these franchises will be given time to establish themselves, can't see one being relegated after the initial 2012/2013 season. The fall mini-season is just a pre-season

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will not attend any HPL games. Dead beats will be doing their thing. Wao. Bettermirror might go see some. I will only watch residency and tier two, true soccer players with less money. It is all good. It will be all bronze soccer after HPL and tier two. I think I will pass on coaching and go play golf and go gold pan. All need is bear spray and three clubs.
I like it. Now you will see coaches fight in soccer.
Sales on beans will go up,only though will make it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LMMFAO.

Base's best post yet.

Base: Will you have a smartphone that will allow you to access TTP on your adventures?

Bitter much?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0