Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Following is a good example of the mindset that you have to combat down south. This paranoia is so deeply entrenched that I honestly can't see a way to break the cycle.
You'll never be able to pry guns out of the hands of Americans, ever. We do need them, especially in this day and age. I'm lucky to live in a nice area, but crime happens everywhere. If someone breaks into my house, do you expect me to give a hot cup of coffee? No! You expect me to defend my child, my home and my belongings. It's the reason we put locks on doors. If we trusted everyone, there would be no need for locks or doors. If you sincerely believe the drug lords, terrorists and crazy people will stop using guns, you need a psychological evaluation. Bad people do not follow laws and it's up to the good people to keep the guise of safety for the benefit of the masses. It's sad, but this is the world in which we live. As Americans, we have the right to bear arms and protect what is ours. Frankly, if the rest of the world wants to sing Kumbaya with terrorists, they can be first to step in line for the hug. This American won't be doing it.
This came from a discussion on crackbook that I was having with one of my 'Murkun relatives - the type who firmly believe in "praise the Lahd and pass the ammonishun." Xenophobic rednecks, every one of them, at least by our standards, and smart as a sack of hammers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gents, I will humbly disagree with you on the "women and children only" stance, and let me explain why.

First, Akslop, I 100% understand and see where you are coming from. The anger that fuels ISIS does not come out of nowhere, and Western Policy has a big part to play in this. Arguably the biggest. We can get into a whole political debate on who started the war on religion, and weather Western Policy was justified or even truthfully portrayed (i.e.: ulterior motives such as controlling oil). Over the years on these pages, that has been a healthy debate, so no, I won’t discount where you are coming from. ISIS is growing at the rate it is due to that anger against Western Policy, and those leaders are galvanizing that anger and redirecting it. I get it. BUT, like some famous past dictatorships and regimes that have grown and fallen, strong leaders have a way of brainwashing their followers into believing their cause it wright, while the rest of the world feels otherwise.

This is a prime example. ISIS is on the warpath, and in their wake is a pile of bodies belonging to anyone who disagrees with them- Muslims included.

Syrians are fleeing the area by the millions. They are fleeing a situation and regime they don’t see eye to eye with, that they fear, and they are doing what any one of us would do, and that is whatever is best to protect themselves and their family.

I don’t agree with baring young men or all men, and only allowing women and children. First, it is like throwing out the whole bushel due to two or three rotten apples. Secondly, it only propagates the goal of ISIS, which is to divide and conquer. Baring young men, family men, will only create division amongst those people, and further the ISIS agenda.

Yes, the screening has to be as thorough as possible.

Yes, we as a country need to be vigilant.

My opinion, and many will disagree, but we have a duty to accept these families in, and support them in a way that allows them to get on their feet as quickly as possible, and self-sustaining as quickly as possible. Not only for the children, but for the adults. Most come with valuable skills that can immediately be put to good use. Many come with professional designations earned overseas…useful, professional designation, doctorates, etc. We need to provide a means to transfer those skills over. Language lessons, and courses and training to provide equivalent designation to their training from overseas. The more they can get integrated, and the faster, the better.

We need these people falling in love with Canada the same way our parents and grandparents did when they came over, many fleeing, horrific situations. Most of our parents and / or grandparents did just that: fled famine, war, oppression, uprisings. I have Canada’s policy on immigration to thank for my family in many, many ways, and I just feel that paying this forward is the right thing to do.

It’s a monstrous administrative and humanitarian task. I have no idea how we will administer this, smarter people than I am will have to figure that out. It will be massively expensive. Hopefully it is not overly hindered with red tape. I am NOT a lover of the Trudeau family, or his Government, but I have to say, this is one area where I am 100% full on supportive. I feel very strongly about Canada investing in this effort.

As to “where”, well, I agree as well with looking at small towns in need of people and skills. Fort St. James & St, John come to mind. Kitimat. Prince George. Surrey, quite honestly, is a great destination based on the fact that there is already a community in place that will assist in that whole transferring of skills and people. But, hey…open to a debate on that, too.

So, sorry guys, I know this isn’t a popular stance, but it’s the way I feel, and I feel very strongly about it.

Sorry Regs, this isn't exactly gun control, it morphed into ISIS due to the San Bernardino revelations...anyhow...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's where the smart people live who can do fancy shite like spelling and whatnot.

Understandable.
Understandable but you don't have to get so personal with the attacks. I got broken into recently and the police figured the thieves probably came from Surrey so I've form an unfair generalization of your city. I will try to work on changing it but in the meantime can you ask around your neighbourhood if anyone has seen my stuff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I lived in Coquitlam, we'd blame all that stuff on Poco. It was usually true. Those people down the hill smell bad, and do bad things like B&E. I bet it was them.

Or, if you live in Poco, one of your neighbours.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUAgL4wWcAAWX0D.jpg

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please I would never live in poco I had to check my wallet after every game or practice because most of my teammates did. I mean they were very nice people but when they weren't giving you gelato or a free beer they probably were up to no good.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, as you are somebody who may or may not know somebody who may know something about this, would something designed for concealing a weapon be illegal in Canada? Obviously, I'm not talking about bras...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is illegal to carry a hand gun in Canada unless you are a peace officer which include ( police, sheriff, on duty conservation officer border patrol officer on duty ) and armoured car gaurd.

There may be a few more by special permission.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not referring to the actual gun; I knew about that already. My question was about a garment like this designed to conceal a weapon.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carrying a concealed weapon is illegal in Canada Trece. Of course it must be proved that the item concealed was designed as or intended to be used as a weapon.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carrying a concealed weapon is illegal in Canada Trece. Of course it must be proved that the item concealed was designed as or intended to be used as a weapon.

Okay, yes I was aware of that. My question is about the legality of clothing like what's in the photo when it's designed for the concealment of weapons.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0