Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Untitled-6.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking about DT's recent rant, and it got me thinking...if he were to get in power, and somehow able to pass such a policy...I wouldn't be able to travel down there! Which is a crazy thought! Hopefully his latest has scared enough level headed thinking people down there to exercise their right...cause I'm not sure the White House or any party will be able to stop him from continuing on in his quest to win the Republican seat, and I do see him winning it.

Bernie and Hillary must have loved it, though.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can find it watch Jordan Klepper Good Guy with a Gun, from the Daily Show. Not to far from reality in the states.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad...even worse that I didn't hear about this. Nothing in this morning's paper (Province, no surprise there, I guess). I didn't read any of the weekend papers. Nothing on the airwaves.

We've become desensitised by these incidences.

It sounds like this community has a lot of tragedy in it's most recent history, leading the province in teen suicide. "The community has struggled with the highest suicide rate in the province, and has a rate that is three times the national average." For a town of 3,000, that is epidemic.

The gun lobbyists will point towards Canada and our Gun Control laws and either show it as an example as to why teachers should be allows to bear arms, or to show that cases like this where you have one disturbed individual like this running around with a gun doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't be allowed to pack.

There weren't any details on the gun itself in the on-line articles, but my guess is that it was likely a rural hunting riffle.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not surprised that nobody posted about the tragedy in Orlando, moreso because, as a whole, the collective "we" have become desensitized to mass shootings in America now.

Even when the death toll is 50+, it's now just another mass shooting. I'm guilty. On Sunday I heard, and my first reaction was, "Hey, shocking, another mass shooting in the US". I think those were my exact words.

Which of course, completely disrespects the victims and devalues their lives.

I came across this today: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...osives/ar-AAh51b2?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

The biggest take-out I had from this, so far as WTF, was actually the judges comments:
Alone, each item found in Howell's car might not indicate anything sinister, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz said. But together, they "just don't pass the common sense test."

"I cannot in good conscience think of any reasonable reason that somebody would be traveling across the country with all of these things," he said.

OK, so this guy was stopped and found with: a loaded assault rifle with magazines rigged to allow 60 shots to be fired in quick succession, along with 15 pounds of chemicals mixed and ready to explode, two other loaded rifles, ammunition, a stun gun, a buck knife and a security badge when he was arrested. About the only thing I'd say are normal in that whole collection are the buck knife and security badge. And I think that is the big problem, here.

I'm not a cop, I only play one on TV, but my feeling is that Canadian cops, if they stop a car, and find any gun, they immediate deem that to be "no normal", and likely start asking for permits, etc. ANY GUN. @Sir M, is that about right?

That country is so fcuked up, in so many ways....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0