Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU-gate

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rumors / In The FVSL

Skip said:
Wasn't it just last year that both the Premier, as well as CAT team won their respective divisions?! :confused:

Not real curious.....but couldn't resist pointing Lucy's error out. ;)

~Skip

Always on top of things skip. I guess I have never given the cat div much credit, so a team winnin the cat div didnt really qualify as a very good team in my books, but as u have pointed out teach, im chalked full of arrors.

;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

just curious on what the waderbacks think of this new GEU development, seeing as how they will most likey be up in the show next year, and we can have a nice local darby on our hands :knvb: cascadesoccer loves the home time rival games.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
GEU ULTRA KNIGHTS

holy good god....langley enjoy this year while you can...no way you will be top of the table next year...
Where's Jinky???
geulaserguitarjediultraknights

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
GEU ULTRA KNIGHTS

holy good god....langley enjoy this year while you can...no way you will be top of the table next year...

I heard a similar quote coming from some knights player last year, but i think they were referring to div1. As for that give DFC Celtic 3 years and we will be premier. As for div2 there is no way we won't lose next year. On a side note does anyone know if you can have 2 premier teams from the same club?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LucVanLierde said:
Always on top of things skip. I guess I have never given the cat div much credit, so a team winnin the cat div didnt really qualify as a very good team in my books, but as u have pointed out teach, im chalked full of arrors.

;)
So what happens Luc if you're on the CAT roster next year? Are you saying you wouldn't play a game for them only Premier? You've allways stuck to your word that the CAT division is crap so you better not be caught dead wearing the jersey next year at one of there games. ;) Not that I really care I'll be at the Legion talking about the good old days. :D

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

With regards to the new GEU Premier situation I think any coach would be delighted to take over this squad. I think it has the chance of being the best rounded Premier team out of GEU in some time! I’ve herd rumors, but this is Maple Ridge & you can smell your nabious fart!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Does this mean that if some of the current Knights don't make it will they play on the CAT team or will Rex go recruiting?

Both Ridge teams can benefit and make a better derby me thinks, but will some GEU players sell out and go to DFC???

Wisers

Sep 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Once again well said Yoda in regards to the time that Al has put into this team over the years. Now there's a group of about 10 guys on this team that have been here since we were given a Premier spot by the league 5 or 6 years ago (not sure exactly). Almost all of us have agreed that it's probably time to make some changes, but not a major overhaul which everyone seems to think is going to happen. We've been a pretty good team in this league over the year's showing up with 12 or 13 guys to the majority of our games. All we need is some depth on this team and there are guys in Maple Ridge that can not only give us that, but could start on any Premier team in the valley. I must say that I do find it kind of funny now all of a sudden the Black Knights are talking about playing Premier now that their coach is interested in the coaching job.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

As for Len leaving, he's coming to help us out next year :D . So is his son and a couple other guys. They were training with us last night. :eek:

I think this should have been done in GEU for a while. There is some very good players on the Knights, and Ultra. By combining those teams with some of the better CAT players, you guys should have a very good squad next year. If we do make it to premier next year, the local darby's will be great. I loved playing the Knights this year. The emotion brought forth by those games was great! Especially when we win! Which was both times :wa:

And yes fat Rabbit,we can have 2 teams in premier.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LucVanLierde said:
All it means is that tryouts will actually mean something for once in teh GEU camp
....some old fat guys will finally get the boot, and some young self acclaimed all stars will be in for a wake up call. .
It looks like for once geu will have a very good prem and cat squad. The prem will be a good mix of Bks and ultra...like it should have been for yrs.

let the inner political back stabbing begin...should be interesting!!!!!!

i hear alan solk gets the div 1 spot

There are 4 possibly 5 guys on the Knights that can play Premier. If you don't believe that please refer to the Div 1 FVSL table where the Knights currently stand 4th. If you think you will get a better keeper than Millsy next year, won't happen. The new team should be built around Ken Laity and young Cascade if he can ever get the beer out of his hand. As for the coaching piece I think most guys in the squad know where I stand, GEU will be much better off with some new blood and someone who is stronger in the technical side of the game - which won't be that hard. The coach should be however, given his props for his years of service to the club. GEU Premier will be mid pack next year but will improve in the following years. Look out for the Mission over 35's though, especially with old man Yoda patrolling the wings!

bertrumofftoindoorprovincials

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

girth said:
So what happens Luc if you're on the CAT roster next year? Are you saying you wouldn't play a game for them only Premier? You've allways stuck to your word that the CAT division is crap so you better not be caught dead wearing the jersey next year at one of there games. ;) Not that I really care I'll be at the Legion talking about the good old days. :D

Girth, you are the only reason i am still on this site. Funny stuff my man. I dont consider myself a very good player so playing cat would be fine, because for once it would be a good team.
Maybe one of these days u can save me a thin metalic stool at the legion and we can discuss the effect the mullet will have on north american culture in the yrs to come.

Al was a great trainer and guy, Pav seems to know more about who should be where on the team. As much as I like both of them, I think the best solution is to get an unbiased impartial coach from somewhere away from GEU that has no knowledge of any of its current players. He should show up to tryouts and pick the best players for the job. No loyalties as Al had, and no favorites as Pav might.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wisers said:
Once again well said Yoda in regards to the time that Al has put into this team over the years. Now there's a group of about 10 guys on this team that have been here since we were given a Premier spot by the league 5 or 6 years ago (not sure exactly). Almost all of us have agreed that it's probably time to make some changes, but not a major overhaul which everyone seems to think is going to happen. We've been a pretty good team in this league over the year's showing up with 12 or 13 guys to the majority of our games. All we need is some depth on this team and there are guys in Maple Ridge that can not only give us that, but could start on any Premier team in the valley. I must say that I do find it kind of funny now all of a sudden the Black Knights are talking about playing Premier now that their coach is interested in the coaching job.

The truth is a lot of the black knight players would be playin premier already if Solk wasnt the coach. Not saying he isnt a good guy, but a lot of the problem was he didnt want to change the ways. True the premier team has been successful but that holds no barring on how much more successful we as a club could be if we make the best team possible. I personally see it as about half and half. Half the black knights coulds be playing premier, and half the ultra should be playin premier.

I cant wait for the summer as it will be very interesting. Its almost like metro soccer again!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Jock said:
Its a small town!
Quite. In fact, it's so small they even have their very own dialect featuring made-up words. Like Eskimos almost.

Cumulus,

~Regs.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

trapper said:
As for Len leaving, he's coming to help us out next year :D . So is his son and a couple other guys. They were training with us last night. :eek:

I think this should have been done in GEU for a while. There is some very good players on the Knights, and Ultra. By combining those teams with some of the better CAT players, you guys should have a very good squad next year. If we do make it to premier next year, the local darby's will be great. I loved playing the Knights this year. The emotion brought forth by those games was great! Especially when we win! Which was both times :wa:

And yes fat Rabbit,we can have 2 teams in premier.

That seems fishy because FVCASCADE said and I quote "I will never play for Rex again".....we will just have to see.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

trapper said:
Who said anything about Rex coaching next year??

Who said anything about Len coaching....he is hanging them up and is done with any sort of coaching.

I find hard to believe Rex is leaving he started the whole Dewdeny club and has done a great job contructing a team that can win.....I am pretty sure him getting married this summer is going to slow him down any.

Who knows about anything right now......pieces will all fall together come the end of June

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0