Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU-gate

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rumors / In The FVSL

Heard from a little birdy that some changes are going on for next season for GEU Premier . I heard the GEU Premier coach has stepped down!!!! Also heard one of the Black Shites coaches are going to take over the Premier team. That should be very interesting!!! There was a coaches meeting for GEU Mens tonight!!!!!!! Interesting!

Cheers
Rex

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Girth, Luc , Yoda
Any comments!!!!!

Cheers
Rex

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There was a coaches meeting for GEU Mens tonight!!!!!
GEU try-outs next week. Come prepared for all types of change room and bench difficulties.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rex said:
I heard the GEU Premier coach has stepped down!!!! Also heard one of the Black Shites coaches are going to take over the Premier team.
No comment on the first and wants to take over is more like it. I think theres a few people who are interested in that spot.

Theres definately some changes coming, but we'll see what happens soon.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pav aside, who are the other possible GEU premier candidates for coach? Don’t tell me BIG BAG aka Ron Jeremy?!?!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

How many players from Ultra are leaving to form a new team? If Pav gets the job, I assume that most of the Knights will move up?? Who will then play in Div 1 if the Knights move up to fill the premier spots? You guys want Rex to coach? I can cut you a screamin deal!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

trapper said:
How many players from Ultra are leaving to form a new team? If Pav gets the job, I assume that most of the Knights will move up?? Who will then play in Div 1 if the Knights move up to fill the premier spots? You guys want Rex to coach? I can cut you a screamin deal!!

I definitly think this going to be a good thing for GEU!! It's definitly going to cause some trouble thou in taking 3 teams and making 2. There should definitly be knights players comming to premier, combining these teams should have been done a long time ago. Hard to tell thou who will stay with premier now that the coach has stepped down, will players who were leaving stay now and give it another shot or is it going to be major changes :confused: Going to be very interesting come try outs to see what changes will be made, its really gonna be a make or break on this one.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

All it means is that tryouts will actually mean something for once in teh GEU camp
....some old fat guys will finally get the boot, and some young self acclaimed all stars will be in for a wake up call. .
It looks like for once geu will have a very good prem and cat squad. The prem will be a good mix of Bks and ultra...like it should have been for yrs.

let the inner political back stabbing begin...should be interesting!!!!!!

i hear alan solk gets the div 1 spot

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LucVanLierde said:
All it means is that tryouts will actually mean something for once in teh GEU camp
....some old fat guys will finally get the boot, and some young self acclaimed all stars will be in for a wake up call. .
It looks like for once geu will have a very good prem and cat squad. The prem will be a good mix of Bks and ultra...like it should have been for yrs.

let the inner political back stabbing begin...should be interesting!!!!!!

i hear alan solk gets the div 1 spot

It is really to bad that Mr Walters stepped down though!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed. I enjoyed playing for Len. It was always fun and he always had the teams interest at heart in whatever he did. He was a great guy and it was great for the CAT team. Not sure why he's leaving. Most likely because the rest of his sons teammates from CAT/UCFV will not be coming back.
As for Al, he has finally packed it in. There are rumoured to be 3-4 people interested in the job, but does it really matter who the coach is? Everyone is going to have thier favourites and think that this guy is better than that guy. I'm sure if it's Pav, he's going to think that his players are better than the current players. I'll say things will change, whether it will be better than it is now we will have to wait and see.

Cascade, combining these teams is tried every year but the Knights would not seem to want to seperate from themselves, and those that did come, left. Maybe those players that were asked and didn't come will now come due to a coach who favours their play.
Luc, dont' kid yourself. Tryouts always meant something, but when new players were asked to come they chose not to. Why they came to the tryouts in the first place is a puzzle though.

I believe Al will be taking over a div1 team, but who that team will consist of, I dont know.

Honestly, I dont' know if "Most" of the Black Knights will move up but definately some of them deserve to be there. Will be interesting to see how the mix of players gets along with each other.
Mind you, if they put up with Sully all year, they can deal with anything.
:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

On a side note, i don't believe there should be any ill words to Alan Solk. Sure people had differences in opinion and ideas but you will not find a man more dedicated to our soccer team anywhere. He has spent more time and effort than any coach i've ever known. He's put in alot of time for us all it will always be appreciated.
I'm glad he's not totally packing it in, but just stepping down to a more relaxed setting for himself.
Best to him and his future team.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

now that were finally taking that step forward and joining these teams, a new start deserves a new team name!!!!!! Ultra is just shocking, can we PLEASE have something NEW!!! :(

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU ULTRA KNIGHTS

holy good god....langley enjoy this year while you can...no way you will be top of the table next year...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda said:
On a side note, i don't believe there should be any ill words to Alan Solk. Sure people had differences in opinion and ideas but you will not find a man more dedicated to our soccer team anywhere. He has spent more time and effort than any coach i've ever known. He's put in alot of time for us all it will always be appreciated.
I'm glad he's not totally packing it in, but just stepping down to a more relaxed setting for himself.
Best to him and his future team.
Well said Yoda... This guy puts his life on hold for his team and deserves full credit for that. His entire goal was to win the Premier league under the GEU/Maple Ridge name and he accomplished that last year. This guy has been my coach since I was a kid and always moved along with us. Many did not believe in his style of coaching as it was not always the best decisions on how things should happen but if you knew how much he loves the game you put that aside and respect him as I did. It's obviously time to change the guard along with many players which will definately open the doors for quite a few Knights players. I can see this being a pretty good team on paper. The Premier team currently has some great players on it with lots left to offer and I will be curious to see the changes for the better in certain areas. If Pav's in charge can and will the Knights dispand and mix in or will they take 32 players on there roster to not stir any feathers , only time will tell? All I know is I will not be part of it as I am one of the fat old ones who get's hurt lacing his boots now so best of luck boys.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LucVanLierde said:
It looks like for once geu will have a very good prem and cat squad.

Wasn't it just last year that both the Premier, as well as CAT team won their respective divisions?! :confused:

Not real curious.....but couldn't resist pointing Lucy's error out. ;)

~Skip

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ok ok cascade....how bout...

GEU Milan

The knights know that it can not be a 32 team roster....and to be perfectly honest i think it will be and should be about half the knights and half the ultra that will make up the new premier squad.

Pav holds no ties and i garuantee he will pick the best team possible.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
ok ok cascade....how bout...

GEU Milan

The knights know that it can not be a 32 team roster....and to be perfectly honest i think it will be and should be about half the knights and half the ultra that will make up the new premier squad.

Pav holds no ties and i garuantee he will pick the best team possible.

BRILLIANT :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0