Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU-gate

Wisers

Sep 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told by a pretty good source that the latest news from the GEU camp is possible tryouts in JUNE. I thought things were going to change. Somebody please tell me this isn't true. I'm sure someone from the Knights must know. Anyways, heading to cowtown this weekend to see Crue and to have a few casuals with Bertrum.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
June tryouts is a joke... ridiculous!!! How can you have a team stale, tired and out of it by October if they don't start training now like normal?

Who does this new guy think he is, Bob Lilley?? I see the revolting players getting pissed at this.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there revolting what point is there in getting pissed about it?
They'll just leave.

I think June tryouts are a great idea! It can tell the coach (whomever it may be) whether you are serious about premier or not by the shape your in mid summer. I mean, who isn't in there best shape in the middle of summer, after a couple of holidays, a few barbecues, sitting on the beach or by the pool, and drinking beer.
:rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Yoda is why I am no longer coaching and you are a rising star and the next captain of the GEU Ultrakunts!! Congrats.

The revolting players had better be nice to you that's all I can say. Yoda and Bluebird will watching posts closely - how else can you pick the team???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
- how else can you pick the team???

By choosing your friends, no? I think friendships rule over skill level and commitment.

Dont' you agree?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't seem so does it?
:)
IF he can put on a team higher than Div4, I'll be his friend.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumour last night that the core of the premier team(the older guys) will not be coming back and instead be playing Div 1 next year with Al? Which if is true will make for a shockingly below average premier side that just may finish near bottom.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, oh...There's trouble in River City...

The revolting GEU UltraKuntz (new name to be announced for next year) are doing just that and revolting! No one is going to get their spots, they are leaving despite the club's decision to sign Captain Yoda as new team leader.

The only solution is for Coach Bluebird and Captain Yoda to announce that tryouts deferred until June will commence immediately and that anyone who wants to come to a tryout must pay the $75 tryout fee and receive a minimum 20 minute training session and 20 minute scrimmage opportunity and a chance to buy beer from the coveted Ultrakuntz beer chest at Premier player prices. Then the old boys will kick their asses out of the side and return to normal. Players run the side, coach prepares the line up card- just like it should be in MR.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Heard a rumour last night that the core of the premier team(the older guys) will not be coming back and instead be playing Div 1 next year with Al? Which if is true will make for a shockingly below average premier side that just may finish near bottom.

girth, much like you the knight team will never bottom out.
too much talent.
i always said the team SHOULD stick together so if the ol' ultra boys are gonna bitch out, well, i couldnt ask for a better outcome.

BTW
congrats to all the knights for a fine season in div 1.
not very often do you see a div 2 team move up and spank teams their first year'round.
best goals against defense in the league. nice job matty/darby/darcy/shane/murfdog/lindey.
2nd best offence in the league. with Wade taking first place.
good luck next season.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
i always said the team SHOULD stick together so if the ol' ultra boys are gonna bitch out, well, i couldnt ask for a better outcome.

Better outcome???? Suckit you obviously have no clue about playing at this level. If you think it can be done with the entire knights team then I guess well see you guys in 2006 in Div 1. All I know is it would be very embarrassing if you guys took over the team as you are now and lost the premier spot for GEU due to stupidity.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Better outcome???? Suckit you obviously have no clue about playing at this level. If you think it can be done with the entire knights team then I guess well see you guys in 2006 in Div 1. All I know is it would be very embarrassing if you guys took over the team as you are now and lost the premier spot for GEU due to stupidity.

yeah, true.
if the worse case scinario was to happen, it'd be embarassing and at the same time good experience. dont forget one thing girth, this team aint heading downwards, so we're not worried. we'll give any team a run for their money and wether now or in 2 or 3 years you'll see us at the top.
Mark@MarksWorkWearhouse said:
"I GUARANTEE IT"

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
why does everyone assume that ALL the ex ultra guys are leaving and ALL the ex knights are going to prem
surly its only 4 /5 guys who are causing a ruckus the same 4 / 5 guys who said that they would leave if things diddnt change
and now that they have changed there still gonna leave so did we do right or wrong or were we gonna have to do this anyway
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0