Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GEU-gate

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
clubbin said:
. i asked him what the deal was after the second year, because i was capable of being on the team he said "i never really look at you" so that was it for me. .
Clubbin I think that's the nice way of saying maybe your not ready yet or most likely you're not a premier player at that time. Trust me if Al thought you were good enough he would have wanted you , problem is if you were ready Al knew you would never come join the guys as you were a Black Knight and all these guys want to do is stick together. It's going to be very interesting to see you guys this next year as I can't imagine the knights split up? Pavol will be loved and hated and will soon realize the pressures of being a premier league coach along with you players who crack that starting 11. The key is to either be fricken great at your position or have thick skin or you're setting yourself up for a disaster. Be prepared to sit on the sidelines for 90 mins and not bitch as you're probably gonna play in the CAT game on Sunday anyways and the coach knows that (yes maybe even you Luc) :rolleyes: . As stated earlier if done properly it will work with these two teams but keep in mind Al is coaching the Div one side now and for those of you that don't make the teams he may once again approach you and ask you to play for him.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
clubbin said:
i asked him what the deal was after the second year, because i was capable of being on the team.

This could be the same problem for alot of the Knights. They think they are capable of being on the team and will be in for a rude awakening if Pavol really does stay away from playing favourites.

clubbin said:
he never gave me respect so i could never play for him.

Sorry Rodney, respect is something you earn.
If Al had noticed something he liked, he would have been watching you.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been part of mergers before, and they are never smooth transitions. It's easy to pick the best 4-5 players from each team, but after that, when it comes time to choose between two similar players, then loyalty always prevails.

I think if they want this to be a fair process, then they should bring in someone who is totally unbiased, like Jinky, to pick the team.

Once the team is picked, then this Pavel/Pavol character can step in and fill the water bottles and bring the nets and flags to games and call people reminding them of practices and games. Telling the players to run a few laps and to stretch afterwards would also be beneficial to his coaching. A good coach also tells players to try harder and to push the ball outside. I also like it when they tell me to "take him on!" and to "Shoot!!"

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like coaching encouragement like "Nothing simple out there lads!" and "let's knock it around in our own 18 now! Come on, I want to see more backheels in our six!"

Nothing if not exciting.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok here goes......

Seen as my past 4 yrs have been split with the ultra and the bks ...I think I have the best knowledge of all the players available and could select the best possible team. I have decided that i will coach the team, yep, ill coach; take over everything, coach, manager, assistant coach, team doctor, masseuse( position ill be forced split with girth)...ill also be captain, assistant captain, and the starting 11. This paragraph was not only gramatically sound, but also riddled with as much donkey shite as every other single thing said in this thread about this "merger".

The main thing that surprises me is how how this all comes down to an extremely kind, giving, Ernie look alike man, that as far as I know, never really double crossed anyone.
How could one guy have such an impact on an entire mens club. I think its far from that and i think the issue is far away from anyone named Al.

I think its pretty simple. The ultra are all 30, have played together for yrs, are all very good friends and have a pretty damn good team as is, 1st place in the prem div last yr.
The last thing they want is to start fresh with 6 new faces and lose their social and football time with their mates.
The knights are 20, played together for yrs, all very good friends who feel they were cheated out of positions in the past because of the swayin of the prem players had on the coach, they feel could compete for positions on the prem team. Lets face it The current BK coach is coaching the prem next yr, what choice do we fukcin have.

If truth were told the knights arent totally excited about this predicament as we idealy wanted another yr in div one to learn. We wanted to move ahead as a team and earn our spot in the truest manner.

The prem team will be very good next yr. That Im sure of. If the egos of the 4-6 current prem starters that will be beat out of a position can hadle the move, the cat will be unreal as well.

I could arrange an official paper, rock, scissors tournament to decide who plays where!!

I think this is all premature as nothing has changed apart from a removed coach. Alot of people use him a a scapegoat. Every team has inner political issues, I dont think Al was the main man for the job, but thats far from the issue here.

I don't think I will enjoy watching this unfold.
Theres my 2 cents...im sure by the end of summer ill be well over a dollar..peace out of this mofo

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Luc, i nice approach to what is going to happen.
I wonder how all the BK's are going to feel though when they get cut at tryouts from Premier AND CAT then realize they will have to play Div1, then find out thier new coach is Al!
:)

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Wow Luc, i nice approach to what is going to happen.
I wonder how all the BK's are going to feel though when they get cut at tryouts from Premier AND CAT then realize they will have to play Div1, then find out thier new coach is Al!
:)

This great white is full, dangle that lil worm in the div 1 thread. You should introduce yourself and make yourself at home.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
"I think it speaks to the parody in the league." ~ skip's vocabulary shows the wear and tear of moderating in the Valley.

Parody........Parity.........you get the idea!

Forgive me for mixing thoughts of literary humour with those reserved for the reading pleasure of the common Neanderthal viewing these FVSL threads. :D

On topic:

I think I've come up with a new name for you Hillbillies to consider for your merged team next year.

"GEU Neanderthals"

Got a nice ring to it, dont'cha think?? :p

~Skipittydoodaa.....

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Parody........Parity.........you get the idea!

Forgive me for mixing thoughts of literary humour with those reserved for the reading pleasure of the common Neanderthal viewing these FVSL threads. :D

On topic:

I think I've come up with a new name for you Hillbillies to consider for your merged team next year.

"GEU Neanderthals"

Got a nice ring to it, dont'cha think?? :p

~Skipittydoodaa.....

funny stuff.......for once skip u said something funny....neanderthals...nice one

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
funny stuff.......for once skip u said something funny....neanderthals...nice one

Neanderthals? I think i've been there before on holidays. Nice place, and apparently a pretty good soccer team too.

How about the GEU Silverbacks?

Or how about we force the remaining teams to drop the moniker and just go by thier club name as most already do. You can only have 1 team/club anyways. So GEU, Whalley, Delta, and North Delta will all be known as either United or Soccer Club instead of Ultra :rolleyes:, Storm, Lions, etc.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
This great white is full, dangle that lil worm in the div 1 thread. You should introduce yourself and make yourself at home.

I'll be switching to Dewdney instead. They'll be looking to throw together a CAT team for next season anyways.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got one for you... how about naming teams with names that make it sound like it is adult soccer, not kids. Ultra... wtf is that??

Training starts Thursday at 7 pm. 20 min kick about followed by 2 hours of drinking and slagging the coach.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I got one for you... how about naming teams with names that make it sound like it is adult soccer, not kids. Ultra... wtf is that??.

I've been wondering the same thing ever since I've been on the team. I definitly think something new is in order.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I got one for you... how about naming teams with names that make it sound like it is adult soccer

Like what, the dildos? How about the cokc rings? Butt plugs? Vibrators? There's a plethora of names with adult themes. I'll go to the video store down the road tonight and see if they are willing to sponsor a team.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The teams with names are usually teams that have been in the premier for a short period of time and had other teams from the same club in Div1 or 2 or whereever they came from, so in order to differenciate between two GEU teams, they had a name. Now that's not an excuse for how bad the name ULTRA is, but that's the reason.

Hence my suggestion a few posts back to have all Premeir teams just go by their club name. GEU, Whalley, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0