Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup [FVSL]The Pakenham Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone who played AWAY in the last round will play at home in the next, those being, PAU @ Dewdney who messed the sheets and mailed the game in, POCO who were to play Delta Metro Highlanders @ JO but there was a scheduling conflict, Aldergrove @ GEU and Delta Metro @ Poco Raiders. Any other ??'s call the league office or 1-800-bigbags:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone who played AWAY in the last round will play at home in the next
Anyone know the reasoning behind this? Seems a bit wacked.

No wonder the valley seems to struggle a bit when it comes to provincials - teams are not used to the rules that other league's implement. For example, if a provincial game goes to OT, no valley team is prepared for it as much as say a VISL or VMSL team as they both use FIFA rules in their league cups, the same rules implemented in the BCs.

Chilliwack has earned the right in my opinion to have home field advantage in the Pak.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: rules schmules

'Your' opinion doesn't matter slappy!!!

BTW, last year PAU scored 2 goals in OT for the PAK Championship and then also in the BC's scored 2 against Gordon Heed in OT before losing to Sap in OT... We'll be ready!!!

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bigbag said:
Anyone who played AWAY in the last round will play at home in the next, those being, PAU @ Dewdney who messed the sheets and mailed the game in, POCO who were to play Delta Metro Highlanders @ JO but there was a scheduling conflict, Aldergrove @ GEU and Delta Metro @ Poco Raiders. Any other ??'s call the league office or 1-800-bigbags:D

by the way I wasn't shittered when I posted this. I got this info from the FVSL when I questioned why we wouldn't stay with the draw as the VMSL does. It was to our benefit to go with the alternate home game theory but I still didn't agree with it.

Take a look at the Imperial cup draw and you will see 3 teams seeded. (a bye in the 1st Round and HOME field advantage the rest of the way) Chilliwack and Langley should have the same privilege IMO:)

Whatever happened to the GOLDEN BOOT?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs & Bigbag

Originally posted by: Regs
Chilliwack has earned the right in my opinion to have home field advantage in the Pak.
This is what I was on about... Your opinion means dick!!!
Orignally posted by: Bigbag
Chilliwack and Langley should have the same privilege IMO
You're an idiot... This is not the NHL (or any other North American sport) and I'm not sure why the VMSL has decided to seed teams (other than for the first round bye). The FA Cup is a randon selected tournament just like the BC's which makes it that much more exciting... If you are that good you'll get to the final and win it all... Any team can win on any given day, that's what makes the League Cup special...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I concur with ma wee hun brother.

Home field advantage is more of a North American thing and not doing it makes any cup more exciting.

I know, I know.
We live in North Amercia but...

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We may live in North America but football sure aint no North American game.

NO matter what anyone says it is always better to have it random like this i mean a first round bye is good enough. If not they would just be making it easier for the better teams to win, then where would the merit be in the cup. Imagine if Chilliwack never had to travel to civilization and all other teams had to trek to the boonies, yeah they are the best team in the valley but thats a HUGE advantage. Come on..:rolleyes:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider said:
Imagine if Chilliwack never had to travel to civilization and all other teams had to trek to the boonies, yeah they are the best team in the valley but thats a HUGE advantage.

our away record isn't too bad either though...

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
our away record isn't too bad either though...

No one is saying you guys can't win on the road, obviously (undefeated) you can. My point was why make it easier for you to win. Because you have to admit it is always better to play at home, especially when your home is 30-50 miles away from the opposition.

I actually have always hated systems that give the better teams an easier run. to me its like giving a celebrity a free meal, its unnecessary, good teams are good because they know how to win. so let them

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was hoping that since you were:

1) dropped from your premier team, and
2) already knocked out of the cup

we wouldnt have to hear from you anymore...

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs & Bigbag

Guinness said:
This
You're an idiot... This is not the NHL (or any other North American sport) and I'm not sure why the VMSL has decided to seed teams (other than for the first round bye). The FA Cup is a randon selected tournament just like the BC's which makes it that much more exciting... If you are that good you'll get to the final and win it all... Any team can win on any given day, that's what makes the League Cup special...

Do you have a reading disorder?

Try reading the posts before you go off on another wankfest ya cnut!

Maybe the HOME field advantage is over the top (NOT traditional, more North American style) but the BYE into the 1st round proper is typical of European/British traditional CUP competitions. In England the Premier teams don't play in at least 1 early round.

What I was pointing out, if you had the ability to read, was that the FVSL was trying to create this, all fair, everybody get's a HOME game CUP competition which was benefitting US but I didn't agree with it. So I raised the issue here by claiming all those teams were about to get HOME games that weren't in the original DRAW!

Fukcin' exhausting trying to get the retarded to follow the point!:cool:

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dropped?

sixfyv said:
i was hoping that since you were:

1) dropped from your premier team, and
2) already knocked out of the cup

we wouldnt have to hear from you anymore...

Dropped from my premier team?? Looks like you get your info from the same source that you get your crack my friend...:rolleyes:

Never got dropped I left the team and started fresh with a younger up and coming delta team. NDFC baby! Look at me I've never been dropped or dumped in my life, i'm da shite...haha

You don't want to hear from me???? HUH? What the hell is wrong with you? You must have been DROPPED on your head when you were a child...

Oh sixfyv nice to see that even though it has been some time you still enjoy taking piss takes at me....let the games begin. :cool:

BTW i'll be there to see the team that DROPPED me DROP you cnuts outa of the cup.I'll be the guy laughing behind the net....:D haha

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider said:
What do you mean of course things change, like your team used to be good. Thats changed...

You'll know things have changed when KR actually hustles after a ball, goes into a 50/50 tackle and quits moping on the field........;) :p :cool:

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0