Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup [FVSL]The Pakenham Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL] Pakenham Cup 2006

Skip said:
Does anybody know who won this thing last year?

:D

Aves said:
...milk the avatar one more time

Ah yes, each year there's some old boys reliving past glories...this year, it smells like...*sniff*...PAU!

:D

~Shaven

P.S. On the GN front, with the folding of the Div. 2 squad, a dispersal draft of those players should result in a full squad for each GN Cup team...7 on 7 :eek: .

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I predict GNSUFC PREMIER to beat the RANGERS in the 1st round...it should be a cracker as GN will be looking for revenge after that loss to them in the semis a few years back

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This Bud's 4 You said:
I predict GNSUFC PREMIER to beat the RANGERS in the 1st round...it should be a cracker as GN will be looking for revenge after that loss to them in the semis a few years back

Being a premier team GN should easily handle the Rangers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Pakenham Cup 2006

Predict a Ranger's "Upset" over GNSUFC Premier.

Gameplan: Stepchild gives Graham Watson the start up front, the big guy goes in there for 25 minutes, runs over 4 or 5 mitten wearing fancy boys, tires them out, then Halvy comes in to take over the match. 2 for Halvy, 2-0 win.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the site... looks like straight to PK's if tied.

NOTE: All preliminary rounds of cup play - if game tied at end of regulation time, game will proceed directly to kicks from the penalty mark (no overtime).

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats just perfect, I don't think the Mighty Rangers can give anymore than 90 minutes and that we may have a little more experience in PK's.

I guess we are the only team with Mighty in thier name, now that the Ducks will drop it at the end of the season, they just couldn't live up to it like us.

Lets go Rangers

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you gotta love your rangers..... but....
i'll take g.n. with $10.
that means $1000 if they win...... right?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion I know your post was a bit into the wee hours of the morning, but TB4Y is a GN player and is trying to play down the favourites tag... It won't work, because everyone knows premier teams should thump Div. 1 squads!!! Ask the Rangers #7, but don't say his name!!!

GN - 2/1
Rangers 25/1

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can already feel the presence of Rangers Old.....

The misty fog at Mackie provide an eerie backdrop for Rangerforever and Coach to appear from the woods ala Field of Dreams.

Chills.

Z

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 0 Rangers 0 ( GN wins in PK's )

Good game between the two teams as both teams wanted to get the win in regulation time... it went into PK's and after missing our first shot on a great save from HOS we were able to score the remaining 4 PK's and got some great saves from our keeper Kristian to get the win.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 'Mighty Mighty' Rangers out of the Pak Cup???

Mother nature isnt too thrilled and is blowing upon us. Or is that RF?

Goal!!!

Apr 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The GN vs Rangers game was really two different games each half. In the first half Rangers had all the momentum, they had 2 open nets and their forwards cracked under the pressure and couldn't finish, GN had one or 2 shots the first half. The second half was the complete opposite, GN came out ready to win, they won almost all 50/50 balls and just had more heart the 2nd half, that shows alot considering Rangers play with a lot of heart. Rangers goalie made a couple of good stops to keep it 0-0 but GN had all the pressure, it was a miracle that Rangers didn't conceive a goal that second half,

The shootout was very entertaining, with both goalies making one stop each, the rest was up to the shooters, GN goalie made a huge stop and GN scored the rest, good penalty's from the spot I have to say, all in all a great game I heard. Both teams could have won it in regulation. But this has to be a slap in the face for the Rangers since there TTP posts say, "we only play for Pak Cup" well boys looks like your season is all washed up them, time to hit the golf course :D as for GN well done and should be interesting to see wat happends in the next round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0