Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Who will win the Premier Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September 04'

OK...here we go.

Despite it being date night in the Dude household, and my original plans to only ply Cat this weekend, I came out anyhow to add supporting numbers for the game last night. LFC2 is apparently very charming over the phone, as he got Mrs. Dude's blessing.

A couple of things struck me about our starting line-up vs. last season.

#1: Bigger, especially in the back-line. Before Carl went out with a turned ankle, and Nukes (boys section, medium) stepped back to play sweeper, we had 4 6 footers lining up, three in the 210-220 lb range. All very fit, capable, and difficult to beat either on the ground or air.

#2: Quicker. Not necessarily faster. We're not a track team. But, our first three to five steps towards the ball, or to space, were very quick. For example, Utah is always solid, but has never been accused of being the Roadrunner. Well, last night he was easily the first to the ball anywhere between the 18s.

There were patches where Langley looked very good. Especially on the first goal...something like 12 passes strung together: across the back, down the line, back, over, cross to the box, and a magical one time, left footed full volley finish- and about 30 yards out- by Gus. On four or five occasion we had some very nice build-ups right from the back line that exhibited some of the hard training LFC has been putting us through.

The new guys fit in well. Clement was a force to be reckoned with on the wing, and Mark was dominant up front.

As for Poco...they looked un-prepared, and out of shape. Having said that, it is Poco, and they battled right to the final whistle. I think they be right back up there again this year, after they sort themselves out a bit.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

So let me get this straight?
LFC2 rules my world.(jump dude. "how high Mike"] :eek:
Utah and Nukes are still my hero! :eek:
We are big , fast , and new? :confused:

PoCo is the shits, but still will be dangerous? ;)

Okay Dude.

Crystal clear baby.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Glad you liked it. You're the wind beneath my wings Kenno.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

You know i am kidding you twat!

Dude is the ultimate team player!!!!!!!!

I mean that really.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley etc.

Congrats to Whalley on their good season start. I always liked playing them a couple years ago in cat, even though they took us for 7/9 points during the 2002/2003 season.

Good showing from LUFC from what I hear, I missed the game unfortunately but thanks to the DUDE etc for the recap.

So Slaners in Chilliwack now? I suppose McNeil ended up out there as well.... I guess they will need those 50 bodies cause those two don't count at practice do they? :p Anyhow regardless of those two Chilliwack will eat some teams up this season.

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whalley now 2-0 in the Premier league. Well done boys. The talk has been the surpise team. Well I guess there are no surprises any more. Whalley is proving they belong in Premier and plan on staying for the long haul..

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco v. Langley

Good win for Langley on Saturday, they fully deserved the three points. They were all over us in the first half and got their two goals. In the second half we came to life a bit and had a lot more possession in Langley's half, but that possession didn't really result any quality scoring chances.

Ok here's a question I hope somebody can answer, cause I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Last season in Langley's last game of the year Fenian and one of our players got a red card. C.P. got a two game suspension and had to sit out our next provicial cup game against Peg and our first FVSL league game which was on Saturday against Langley. I'm sure Fenian got at least a one game suspension. Now Langley's final game last year was against us, and their first game of the new season was also against us (since we were both rained out last weekend). My question is how was Feneian able to play against us in his very next match, and how was the suspension served.

Like I said I'm sure there's a reasonable explantion, I don't want to be opening up a can of worms oki'dreallyliketoopenupacanofworms. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fenian played in the Knights league, which is a sanctioned, registered league w/BCSA. He went through the proper channels w/BCSA to make sure his two games were served w/ in the Knights league before playing a game there. Since he's served the games, he doesn't have to sit. Clean slate.

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude has it pegged right. We had the same thing with one of our fellas who went through the Knights league and served his suspension. Do I think it's right NO!!. My opinion you were suspended in winter, sit your games at beginning of season . That's what youth has to do.. You can take a 6 game suspension last game of the season, put that player on your summer roster even if he's not around and he is good to go in the winter. Gotta love loopholes wheres OJ when you need him..

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What kind of fcuking bush bull shite is that? Sitting out summer league games for a winter season suspension? Are you fcuking kidding? That is the most ridicules unbelievable thing I’ve ever heard. Simply BUSH!

No offence to Fenian or Langly for using it, but FVSL seriously has to lose that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, I thought it was doogy too, but that being said, it's actually a BCSA decision, and sounds like more of a loophole that allowed the big lug to play.

If you can take advantage without suffering any ramifications, why not?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It seems to me that it is a BC soccer thing, not an FVSL thing. I imagine a VMSL player could do the same thing too. Anyone?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not if the VMSL has a clause that prevents it. It appears the FVSL doesn't.

Anyhow...I'm going to beg out of this one. As far as I'm concerned, our player and manager made the best decision after double and tripple checking to make sure he was safe to play. No rules were violated.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hell no they can’t. (84% sure)

Does this not give anyone a green light at the end of a bad season to do what they want with little or no repercussions to them or their "team" suspension wise the following year?

Stupid.

DudesissuchapussywhenLFCiswatching :p

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Hell no they can’t. (84% sure)

Does this not give anyone a green light at the end of a bad season to do what they want with little or no repercussions to them or their "team" suspension wise the following year?

Stupid.

DudesissuchapussywhenLFCiswatching :p

For the second time, mind your own VMSL business. Unless of course your transferring with Skip.
On a aside, KNVB, send me an e-mail to the normal address. Out of home today and can't retrieve old stuff from here. I will respond from there.
Here we go REDS, 83 minutes till kick off. The real Spanish revolution continues.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is true, technically if you recieve a suspension, you are supposed to sit out your, next B.C sanctioned competitive match. Teddy played for PAU in the knights sumer league.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

A couple of takes.
First off as much as i hate to say it, The Lions will get relegated this season.
I love you boys but you need some good new blood to stir the mix up. :(
Secondly, finally it is nice to see the P A U nation back on top where they belong.
How dare you boys take a whole year off like that and embarass our league and yourselves like you did last year.( go P A U except Aves-- he loves S U).
Thirdly, cudos to Whalley for their absolutley great start boys.Well done Striker 12 and Redforever!
The league is going to be tuff this season and it is good to see all the teams eager to get themselves off to a great start.

Love this league!

P S. Craftey, you know I am cheering for you baby! ;)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
A couple of takes.
Secondly, finally it is nice to see the P A U nation back on top where they belong.
How dare you boys take a whole year off like that and embarass our league and yourselves like you did last year.( go P A U except Aves-- he loves S U).

;)

coach, regardless of your wee jab at me supporting all my friends and teammates at SU masters...which is for a laugh I know,
your disdain for the PAU showing in premier is ironic considering your team didn't have the commitment/ desire to ever set foot in Premier.
I know, I know...you were certainly good enough, but it was never important enough for you which is fair enough.
Now , as you sit back waiting for masters glory, we hear about the commitment a premier team should make to avoid embarrassing itself and the league. :rolleyes:

I saw the ranger juggernaut on the weekend and it indeed is mighty no doubt, an awesome looking group that could challenge any premier team, but of course won't be doing that.

sorry coach, I know you support PAU but I have to call you on that one fella. :)

No disrespect intended to any of the Ranger boys...you've got a great family atmosphere and mates for life...good for you.

cheers,

Aves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0