Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Who will win the Premier Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September 04'

A slag and an arse licking all in the same post. Well played Aves. :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Question Aves, when does age come into it.
5 players got left behind in div 1?
When is it enough when you don't feel like you have anything else to prove except to win the Pak cups 2 out of 3 years!
Do most PAU have two kids .(that they know of ) you need to train twice a week to be competitve. (been there done that teacher.)
Why do we have to chase guys like Keegan and Sage all over the park when 80% of guys are closer to 40 than 35?
Oh I know Aves you will have some prefound explaination about having heart, and not settling for over 35's.
Facts are facts and P A U had a shocker last year, that is no slag or disrespect it is just the truth old wise one.
Like i stated earlier, good to see P A U back on top.(except for Aves and his SU pom poms)

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
A couple of takes.
First off as much as i hate to say it, The Lions will get relegated this season.
I love you boys but you need some good new blood to stir the mix up. :(
Secondly, finally it is nice to see the P A U nation back on top where they belong.
How dare you boys take a whole year off like that and embarass our league and yourselves like you did last year.( go P A U except Aves-- he loves S U).
Thirdly, cudos to Whalley for their absolutley great start boys.Well done Striker 12 and Redforever!
The league is going to be tuff this season and it is good to see all the teams eager to get themselves off to a great start.

Love this league!

P S. Craftey, you know I am cheering for you baby! ;)

Thanks alot coach....the boys would really appreciate that and we'll do our best not to dissapoint ;)

On topic of last weeks match, I don't understand Skytrains post:

Skytrain said:
GEU 3 - Walley 4

Other than 7 goals, the match was not too entertaining. Neither team showed much skill or good pace. Player of the match was Nick up front for Walley, walked through GEU's backline to help Walley in 3 of the goals. Walley won the match on effort alone, although GEU had too very questionable goals called back. The man in the middle was shocking for both teams, surprised to still see the little man calling Premier games.

yodawasoneofthebestplayersonthepitchuntilthatmis-kick

I mean we beat the defending champs and a team that allowed less than a goal a game last and we score 4 goals. BTW, these weren't mucker goals either, all four were of the spectacular variety and any defensemen/midfielders that they were missing wouldn't have made a difference. To say we showed little skill or pace is kind of hard for me to understand, or mabye that's just comparing us the might Poco team :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

striker12 said:
Thanks alot coach....any defensemen/midfielders that they were missing wouldn't have made a difference.
Me thinks you're wrong. I was on the sidelines watching and the reason GEU are so tough to beat are there backline who are big strong and fast.After watching that game friday I saw none of the above back there for the first time in two years? Maybe I'm wrong well see?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
Question Aves, when does age come into it.
5 players got left behind in div 1?
When is it enough when you don't feel like you have anything else to prove except to win the Pak cups 2 out of 3 years!
Do most PAU have two kids .(that they know of ) you need to train twice a week to be competitve. (been there done that teacher.)
Why do we have to chase guys like Keegan and Sage all over the park when 80% of guys are closer to 40 than 35?
Oh I know Aves you will have some prefound explaination about having heart, and not settling for over 35's.
Facts are facts and P A U had a shocker last year, that is no slag or disrespect it is just the truth old wise one.
Like i stated earlier, good to see P A U back on top.(except for Aves and his SU pom poms)

Coach, no argument from me at all where you guys are and why. I just found it funny that you were popping off a bit about what it takes to commit and be successful in premier (not a pak cup run) from someone who never did it, but probably had the talent to, in the last 5-8 years(?). that's all.
We weren't good last year mainly because of depth of talent...which provides options, energy and competition for spots. Case in point...I don't get a run up front anymore :rolleyes:
I'm back where I belong,
unless maybe the tanned one goes down. :D

This year we'll see what happens. As you say, it should be a spirited year of football.

bon bons and pom poms forever,
Aves

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

For those who care, the FVSL site is finally sorted out and mostly updated. Except for discipline i think.
Standings and scores look to be up to date.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I mean we beat the defending champs and a team that allowed less than a goal a game last and we score 4 goals. BTW, these weren't mucker goals either, all four were of the spectacular variety and any defensemen/midfielders that they were missing wouldn't have made a difference. To say we showed little skill or pace is kind of hard for me to understand, or mabye that's just comparing us the might Poco team :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

the defenders and our center mid that were missing would definitly have made a difference thats a gaurante, but none the less they were not there and you guys did win the game, and did score some nice goals, but can count on seeing a much different team come next time.

cascadesoccerthinkscanshouldstartscoringmoregoals :D :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cascadesoccer said:
cascadesoccerthinkscanshouldstartscoringmoregoals :D :D

Or just show up to a game once in a while.
:rolleyes:

PS: Cascade, you should get that stutter checked out. Could be serious.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyways --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- just pointing out the facts that to go from B C semi finalists to nowhere to be seen was not a piss take.It was more of a shocker than anything else.
That being said, the league looks to be tuff and i can see anyone of the top guns taking a very tuff league title.
My bet is P A U, but that is only my opinion.
Langley, Whalley, G E U and Delta should all be right in the hunt of things.

Good luck boys!!!!!!!!!!

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

from what i saw on fri night.....GN is off to a good start with a win over the LIONS...but from what i saw at the game.....their goalie seems to get bigger and bigger and his hair??....wtffff...maybe its just me...i dunno...something really needs to be done in that goalie position..it will hurt us in the long run..

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

now now yoda one appearance in the big show and your all over me you and cascade go play with one another

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

can said:
now now yoda one appearance in the big show and your all over me you and cascade go play with one another

Go back to bed you hairless freak!

Love Cowtwon bertrum :)

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey big bad Bertrum I am still trying to catch up on my sleep from the hb trip. By the way cow town how big were they anyways :D :D :D :D :D

FreeBertFreeBertFreeBert

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

can said:

I have to enjoy the glory anyway i can as it doesn't happen very often.
It took 5 missing starters to get the call. :(

Flash20,
i am assuming you were trying to keep your anonimity by saying "their goalie" but then kinda blew it when you said "it will hurt us in the long run"

Slagging your own keeper on TTP could get you benched, or just beat up at the next practice.
;)

At least you followed with a good suck up!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Flash20 said:
from what i saw on fri night.....GN is off to a good start with a win over the LIONS...but from what i saw at the game.....their goalie seems to get bigger and bigger and his hair??....wtffff...maybe its just me...i dunno...something really needs to be done in that goalie position..it will hurt us in the long run..

hey thats funny flash20, since you are playing for SUFC now, speaking of hair, i think that its time for you to cut your wannabe old beckham style hair, dont you think.

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Flash 20,
Do You The The Ball Is Scared Of The Hair Or The Goalie, Cause Somehow The Ball Stays Out Of The Net. I Personally Think It Is A Combonation Of Both. Freakzilla

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

While the MOTW was resoundingly agreed upon by the masses to be the PAU / Langley game.....my vote for the "Friday MOTW" is the GEU / GN match.

This one is interesting to me, because I am uncertain just which team might show up for BOTH clubs. I would be out to watch the match, but instead I shall be supporting one of TTP's finest sponsors, La Rocca. :D

Any last words before battle?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip said:
Any last words before battle?
Yah forget the mitts tonight boys be sure to be wearing full body gear as GEU seemed pretty wound up last night at training. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0