Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Who will win the Premier Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All banter for the upcoming Premier season can take place here. Once the FVSL releases the schedule a poll will go up.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September 04'

GEU camp should be tough to play against again this year with a few guys moving along from CAT to help out.Only really one new signing from outside the two teams and that being an older gentlemen who will add some creativity to the set plays and some flash in the middle of the park.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

girth said:
Only really one new signing from outside the two teams and that being an older gentlemen who will add some creativity to the set plays and some flash in the middle of the park.

So you guys might actually try to play soccer and not the dump and chance, hit the opposing player from behind type of soccer that has been your trademark. Good job, hillbillies :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kokanee said:
So you guys might actually try to play soccer and not the dump and chance, hit the opposing player from behind type of soccer that has been your trademark. Good job, hillbillies :rolleyes:
No don't get me wrong we're still gonna rough up small pansies like yourself :eek: along with scoring the odd nice goal. ;)

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kokanee said:

What place did GEU Premier and cat finish in league last year?? Guess hitting opposing players from behind was quite successful indeed.......

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Was that Peace Arch United practising last night on the field closest to the Skate park.?????

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice to see your hair color is toning down!

I assumed it was. Wanted to confirm as i told the boys it was you guys.

Peace Arch U-16?17? boys silver= not a very good team.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I assumed it was. Wanted to confirm as i told the boys it was you guys. Peace Arch U-16?17? boys silver= not a very good team.

Well with you at the helm is it any wonder really :D

Glad to see the men's team having a positive impact on your training session.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually I can't take any credit for their crapiness. They have been taught the finer points of the hoof and chase style for the last few years. Don't think that is a good idea as the starting forwards are probably going to be the shortest 2 guys on the team. The plan is to try to teach them possession is evrything. We'll see how that goes. Failing that, they will be fit. I figure if they are in better shape than all the other teams they'll win more than they lose.

The impact the mens team was summed up in this line from one of the kids.
" They sure a run a lot "

My reply. "Don't worry you're not ready for that yet"

"Thursday however you might want to bring your running shoes"

They didn't like that much. The parents who were watching(by the way, why would a parent watch a practise)thought it was pretty good.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze, look what thread you're in. Then slap yourself up side your head with that box of donuts on your desk, careful the sprinkles don't get in your eyes, and move on.

Thank you.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

gong show said:
What place did GEU Premier and cat finish in league last year?? Guess hitting opposing players from behind was quite successful indeed.......

What place did you finish last year?? You sure didn't finish 8th, we were in a relegation battle. The only battle you guys were in was making sheep go baaaaaa. Albion perverts.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kokanee said:
What place did you finish last year?? You sure didn't finish 8th, we were in a relegation battle. The only battle you guys were in was making sheep go baaaaaa. Albion perverts.

WOW that was awesome, wish I could come up with clever lines like that :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poll is up. Vote away.

Iplaysoccer

Dec 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with all of you guys... Everyone will be hard-pressed to beat Whalley this year.

Most teams will be lucky to get out of Whalley with their lives let alone a win.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This poll seems useless to me really, as everyone just votes for their own club. I think GEU will remain a team to reckon with. I also think that Whalley could surprise a few teams this year if they are not taken seriously enough. It seems to me that there is NO real outright favourite though. I predict a tight race for the Championship, and a lot of good parody between teams this year.

In any case, PAU will be attempting to improve on our dismal season last year. Quite a few new faces this year, which will promote healthy competition for spots and give some much needed depth. We've added some good veteran players as well as some youth from the CAT system.

Looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

~S

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not that anyone will listen, but here is my 2 cents.

Whalley will be a surprise, but make them use their bench and things will go down hill for them.

PAU, always a contender but will be disappointing again if they don't put more of their chances away. New addition up front will make that happen!

GEU, another good season as with Chilli.

Lions, middle of the pack as they have too many players out until the end of college. Once they have them back, look for them to win in the second half!

THe rest, not too sure as I don't care.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Geu will be strong but I don't think they will win the league again.
Poco City will be about middle the pack they are getting old .
Whalley will surprise alot of teams this year.
Delta Lions middle the pack.
GN will be middle the pack.
SUFC will surprise a few teams.
Langley will be a the top of the league again.
Chilliwack will be one of the top teams this year possibly take the league.
Delta Metro will be one of the other top teams this season very good young squad.
Peace Arch I think with the changes they have made will do better this season.

Cheers
Rex

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

With all you guys saying Whalley will surprise it's not going to be much of a fcuking surprise now is it? That said, I think Whalley will surprise. Surprising, I know...

My guess is PAU will be back in the top 2 or 3 in league standings. Langley, I think, will win the league though. Reason:They've used their preseason wisley and IMO, it has been very productive by playing and training at a higher calibre than most. They've also taken extra steps to ensure success, like going and getting themselves a top notch fitness consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0