Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention there is a special TTP monument to Rangerforever and LFC2 going up next week. All who can attend please confirm here. Thanks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When we were at the bottom two years ago, there were two shite teams, us and SFC. We had a plan, they did not and the results speak for themselves.
Yes, a National Championship does speak for itself.

Good point LFC2!

:D

~Regs.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Don't forget Clement, Ryan and Steve Dormer, Nukes and the HEAD coach. Feel free to help me out any time here Utah.

Wow, looks like Cainy had to change a really stinky diaper, and took out his frustration at Utah et al. :) But the really interesting part is how fast KNVB has jumped to defend Langley... get the transfer papers ready :rolleyes:

You've turned this conversation into "how many good players have come out of Langley?".... but what I think Cainy's rant is about is "how many Langley lads on the team right now have won silverware in the valley? So maybe they should stop patting themselves on the back..." or something to that effect :eek:

Now, I think overall there is a level of respect from us towards Langley and how they've turned things around (well done LFC). And they have some quality players no doubt. But till they win the League and make some noise in the BC's, the respect level won't be as high as say POCO.

Now, can't we all get along (except for that cnut KNVB... nobody gets along with him)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Yes, a National Championship does speak for itself.

Good point LFC2!

~Regs.

Give me a break. You know what I meant.
North Shore or Surrey. You guys ever sort that out? What's going on the hardware?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Shore or Surrey. You guys ever sort that out? What's going on the hardware?
Not too sure but going by historical records, you'll probably be able to check for yourself in the year... hmmmm... nevermind.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage said:
You've turned this conversation into "how many good players have come out of Langley?".... but what I think Cainy's rant is about is "how many Langley lads on the team right now
Good eye Sage. I missed that part. I took a bit of studups question and cainys and smashed them into my own. I thought it was who left Langley for other teams. This is all Utah's fault.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Plonkers United

knvb said:
No, but it makes you're piss taking piss poor. Not to mention you're spelling. :rolleyes:

Now, this deserves a Pot /Kettle (RIP Captain, 2001-2004). For the fist 6,000 posts of your Piss Taking Career, you were a chronic abuser of the your / you're homonym. That, along with one / won, they're / their, and Guinness. I know we're chums now :rolleyes: - you hanging out at Langley training sessions, me reducing my calling you a Cnut down to once per day- but that doesn't mean you can now lay claim to having always had proper writing skills. Hell, it wasn't until post #5,085 that my eyes stopped bleeding with the mere scan of a KNVB post. There is still a bag of hammers here I fondly call KNVB, even if it doesn't garner as much attention as it once did.

Back on topic: I agree with everything LFC2 says.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
so much for the cainy-knvb rapprochement. :rolleyes:
back to the bag of dicks I guess.
knvb's like that 6 degrees of separation thing with Kevin Bacon...when cainy pops off it somehow gets back to a S. United trophy case thing....kinda funny.

Not sure why cainy has such a hard on for lufc, but he wants to beat them...I think its because fenian promised to build pau a new trophy case... :D
I approach Langley like all teams in this league...no specific distaste or particular issues.
I have in the past said that I don't think they are a great team(but what valley team is) but they worked hard to tie us with ten men and I have to give them that. They have a few good players and seem to get the results.

Utah can be a bit of a mouthpiece on here and maybe that's what got cainy started...I doubt he even knows enough guys to comment on their committment (unlike their new fitness coach) so maybe he meant in the past...because they couldn't pull it together for a few years...but hey, whatever...everybody likes a cat fight!

reeer, reeer :D

p.s. can't make training tonight boys...I'm nursing my damn hammy.. see you thurs....now that's committment!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Bacon said:
so let me give you all a bitch slap back to reality. Take all your players, total up all the premier titles you have won,( remembering that most of you are in your 30s) and you might have one,
You're right. I have no idea what I was thinking. :rolleyes:

Any chance you can stop by with the salt and pepper shakers so we can avoid this next time? I'll bring the ketchup packs and a twig in case you need to draw in the dirt. :D

Believe me I'm not trying to start anything with cainy again. I don't think I could go through the stress of singlet stories.

This is all Utah's fault.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well now!......looks like I've certainly missed a lot today while trying to teach the youth of our great country! :D I mean, it's not often the lowly FVSL threads get a vist from not one....but both of the TTP head honchos! We should all be very flattered I think.

Some interesting banter indeed, and it looks as if there is finally some life in here! :) I must say, it wouldn't be a season without Cainy making reference to the 'legendary' scrapbook though. For those who have been lucky enough to lay eyes upon it, I'm sure we'll all agree it's quite something. Old newspaper photos of Cainy soaring to challenge for a high ball....lingering for a moment in space where normal sized men linger. It truly is quite a collection of memorabilia. :p ;) Although........the black and white newsclippings just don't do justice to the true ginge minge effect.

It does sound as if Cainy's post might have ruffled a few feathers, and resulted in other's interpreting in their own way. I must take some exception to this though LFC2:

LFC2 said:
Just get's old listening to the shite coming out after a win and how quiet it is after a poor performance. Have a look at how quiet it was after the 1-1 tie at SS earlier this year against a 10 man Langley. Nary a post, and if I remember you guys started talking about the Lions almost immediately

:confused:

This comment confuses me, as I really don't think much has been said by anyone in the PAU camp after any of our matches. We were certainly dissapointed with the result vs Langley, but as you can see by some of the posts after that game, we were not 'quiet' about it:

cainy said:
Guiness's tackle was gross, I am considering adding our own club ban, to match the leagues.
Good hard fought game, obviously we felt like we were in control 1 nil up in the second half, with Langley down to ten men, but thats football though. LFC2 is right about this being a good result for the program, because in the past Langley would have packed it in.

Skip said:
Definetly a spirited affair at South Surrey yesterday. I guess a moral victory in some ways for Langley as they battled a man down for a good portion of the game. Without going into details, I will say that the officiating definetly had an impact on the game.

On to the Lions next week......

Aves said:
Mucho ttp surrounds Guinness' tackle as it was a soft card ...particularly as a second yellow, but there was a lot of head shaking going on out there both ways.
Langley worked hard and obviously scored against the flow down to ten men..a couple of half chances and one called back, but the ball was in the Langley end and bouncing around their 18 most of the half. We definitely shat the bed by not winning this one.

Yes, there was some banter about the next game vs the Lions, but much of that was due to links with players who (at the time) played for the Lions. If you were hoping for praise from us, well.....sorry.

~Skip

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to get Skip going as well. Too diplomatic in his new moderator role! Praise no, I will get a dog. Realism once in awhile, would be nice, but as you have pointed out the moderating leads to controversial or feather ruffling digs. All that makes TTP great and a welcome escape for 5 minutes.
Letsjusttryandbegoodneighbours-isthatthefirealarmgoing?

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to say that I was just getting tired of Langley boys sitting in judgement of the SUFC team, when for many years, they themselves were terrible. As for Utah, i just thought i'd point out that we all know the history of his years with Langley and his many years of toiling away in the first div, or with SFC premier the year they got religated, or the year Langley folded the week before the premier league started,( wich by the way is the reason we had so many Langley boys on our side) and yes the year when he was 18 and played for Surrey United. Nay a title to speak of :mad: As for KNVB, I never once mentioned my championships, just their lack of. You are most certainly mistaken though, my first premier championship was with WhiteRock United, before I went to Surrey United where we won four on the trot, then back to PAU to win another :D :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: thats six bannanas danceing
ps the last time we won the league only Hoss, Puller, and Joe Wright were with us not six...oops there's that number again :bronco:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Any chance you can stop by with the salt and pepper shakers so we can avoid this next time? I'll bring the ketchup packs and a twig in case you need to draw in the dirt. :D

nah, forget the tactics,just stick to what your good at in you new career...telling people to jump over small hurdles and ladders and such, you know the stuff anyone can read in a book or buy from a Peter Twist catalogue but couldn't be bothered to look up.
Run Farther...Jump higher...kick harder...that's how to play the game!! :rolleyes:

Thehleukaway...the secret to Canada's soccer woes :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fitness... the great equalizer.

Now that's not very nice, Aves. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to make comments on something you no nothing about... like being in shape. It's never to late to teach an old dog some new tricks you know? I think even you would be surprised at what it could do to ones game even one as distinguished as yours.

Now what my copy of Fitness for Dummies didn't cover was if pepper makes a run down the right and salt fails to deliver where does the left back pepper go in correlation to the right-mids salt?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Old days

You two know nothing about fitness.

Cainy:

How many President's Cups trophies have you won though?

:wa:

:rolleyes:

I thought Utah was with SU for 2 years as a kid.
And, I thought they won something when he was there?

:confused:

He's still a bag of dicks though, :D

RF

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Nice to get Skip going as well. Too diplomatic in his new moderator role! Praise no, I will get a dog. Realism once in awhile, would be nice, but as you have pointed out the moderating leads to controversial or feather ruffling digs.

LFC, I'm getting tired of reading your posts, you're way too much of an ass kisser on here all time. It's makes me ill to my stomach readin some of your shite on here.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley boys,

Sixfyv mentioned in the MOTW thread that Mafia connection might be missing for your match vs Langley this weekend. Any truth to this? If so, I may have to change my vote on the above poll. :)

~S

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
LFC, I'm getting tired of reading your posts, you're way too much of an ass kisser on here all time. It's makes me ill to my stomach readin some of your shite on here.

I'll tell you what makes me ill Studs. Start with two Sambuca (sp?) shots and a pint. Follow this with a greasy cold double burger. Then 3-4 more shots of the above mentioned poison, more beer, and finally a shot of cheap tequila. To top all this off, watching Fenian throw some chick in a less than flattering roller skating costume around the floor like he was John Travolta.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Blame everything on Utah!!!

It's always the bag of dicks fault!!!

Originally posted by Langley Lover / Cainy Hater
Didn't your mother ever tell you not to make comments on something you no nothing about...

Pot always calling the kettle black!!! You should know better Sausage!!! :rolleyes:

I guess Hos is the only Langley player out at Camp PAU these days??? If I remeber correct he didn't last play for Langley, wasn't it SU???

BTW, Big T fancies Pricess Laya ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep...definite red card on Roller Girl- and the 6'3" 250 lb blond behemoth he was dancing with, too.

Look at that LFC2, still agreeing with you. Amazing how that works the week we're playing the Storm and I'm lobbying for a call-up. I may (read, may) even hold off on telling you to go piss-up a rope and suck the wet end during our Cat game on Sunday.

Actually, that's a fool's bet. Fenian? I'm sure Chucky will give you good odds. ;)

What makes me nervous about the Storm is that they got a taste of what it could take to beat us in that Cup match last year. It was tight. That team souldn't e underestimated. What also makes me nervous is Striker12 has not as of yet chimed in with his opinions on the upcoming game. Me thinks Jamie has put a muzzle on the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0