Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new month and a new thread once again. I'll also try to come up with some sort of new poll when I feel creative.

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Division # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Peace Arch United 8 6 1 1 18 9 19
2 LUFC United 7 5 2 0 16 7 17
3 Chilliwack Rapids 8 4 3 1 25 10 15
4 GN Sporting Club 7 4 0 3 16 17 12
5 PoCo City Dominion 7 3 2 2 13 6 11
6 DMU United 7 3 2 2 17 13 11
7 GEU Ultra 8 3 1 4 16 18 10
8 Whalley Storm 8 2 2 4 10 18 8
9 Sikh United Red Devils 8 0 2 6 8 30 2
10 North Delta Lions 8 0 1 7 4 15 1

Well, one more week 'till the half-way mark and some interesting movement (or lack thereof) in the standings.

Most notably, Chilliwack leapfrogging GN into 3rd place.

Delta missing a chance to get into the top four, by dropping points to Whalley.

Four of the top 6 teams with a game in hand, could make for a very meaningfull 'make-up' week at the end of the sched.

The 'relegation' match next week between the Lions and the Sikhs is big for both sides (As well as for the remaining bastards in the suicide pool ;) )

Thoughts?

~Skip

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the 2 SUFC players bantering with LFC2. I can only agree with LFC2 (partially because I want to start on Sat), the SUFC game was one of the slowest games I have ever played in this league. SUFC may have had 2 chances in this game, both of which came off of panic long balls from the backline (aka the fenian "Foot of God", aka highball). Not once was there a series of passes strung together that lead to something.
On the other hand, LUFC had about 80% possession, much of which was at walking speed, and plenty of nice chances. Langley could have easily stepped it up a notch and really pushed for more goals but they had a party to get to. In all, a very one-sided affair..... And a long porcelain bus ride home.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
At about 3 minutes, Sandro scores from 30 yards on a goal that goes under our keeper's armpit on the dive. Their second was a shanked shot that went off our defenders leg and spun into the net. Those were their only two "shots" of the game

Wasn't the shot from the top of the 18 yard box???? And it was a great shot that your goalie didn't (and couldn't) touch. On the other hand, your throw in, flick on, flick on goal to tie it up that bearly went over our goalie wasn't the prettiest in the world....ONLY TWO SHOTS FOR US????

When we did go up 2 - 1 (Gary Nolan) with twenty minutes to go we were VERY unlucky not to go up 3 - 1 when nicky labeled a cracker for the top corner but ended up hiting your defender in the head and practically knocked him out....ha ha, he was seeing stars after that one. I was right behind Nick and if your defender didn't get his big head in the way it was labeled and game over.....Most of the match was even, we had plently of chances to take the game over but I'll give it to you that you guys dominated the last 15 minutes for sure....We were missing Mario (sweeper) and Kerr (starting mid) and had 4 cat callups playing so we'll take the tie and look forward to the rematch...

We could have finished you off by going up 3 -1 but you guys could have won it as well with your pressure in the end. I agree with you on the bloody sandbox at the top of the 18 that has the turf. The rest of the pitch is nice and they really ****ed that up when they put the turf in. When Big Mike had the breakaway he had to carry the ball through the sandbox (you can't shoot from there as it never sits nice for ya) and that gave your keeper a chance to cut off the angle and sweeper a chance to catch up.

We actually were trying to get Newton grass for Sunday home games but I don't know what happened with that :mad:.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas College Boys

On a side note, gotta give a Congrats to Douglas College and the Storm boys playing out there who qualified for the nationals on the weekend. Good job to Andrew who came on at half to score two goals to help knock of defending champs Capilano 4 - 1. Now hurry up and win the cup so we can have our depth back....

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Wasn't the shot from the top of the 18 yard box????
No. Nearly from the sideline.
striker12 said:
And it was a great shot that your goalie didn't (and couldn't) touch.
No. After the game Sandro admitted to me that it was not a good shot.
striker12 said:
On the other hand, your throw in, flick on, flick on goal to tie it up that bearly went over our goalie wasn't the prettiest in the world....
No. A beautiful set piece.
striker12 said:
ONLY TWO SHOTS FOR US????
No... two "SHOTS ON NET".
striker12 said:
When we did go up 2 - 1 (Gary Nolan) with twenty minutes to go we were VERY unlucky not to go up 3 - 1 when nicky labeled a cracker for the top corner but ended up hiting your defender in the head and practically knocked him out....ha ha, he was seeing stars after that one.
Yeah... hilarious. Guy has a concussion. He couldnt drive home. The only thing that would have been funnier is if he had actually hemorraged... that would have been priceless. :rolleyes: Retard.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nukes,

nukes said:
SUFC game was one of the slowest games I have ever played in this league. SUFC may have had 2 chances in this game

So why did Tim make more than 2 saves in the game ??? :confused: Would lead me to believe that there could have been more chances than 2. :rolleyes: If you keep trying you'll eventually learn that the world functions in a base 10 system and there are numbers above 2.

Not once was there a series of passes strung together that lead to something.

Now that was most accurate account of LUFC's performance in the game. :eek:

On the other hand, LUFC had about 80% possession, much of which was at walking speed, and plenty of nice chances. Langley could have easily stepped it up a notch and really pushed for more goals but they had a party to get to. In all, a very one-sided affair..... And a long porcelain bus ride home.

So why didn't you step it up like the better teams in the league...PAU did, why didn't you ??? :p No you guys had at least 95 % of the play and still couldn't score until we fcuked up......boy that was some offensive display that you guys had :rolleyes:.....by the way I counted the shots on the sideline and you had 6 until the second goal. Clearly the domination was evident. I don't want to piss on your ass kissing, clearly I would do the same thing if I was in your shoes !! :D

LFC - Now you know I can't play with Dude, he'll always want to look at my brown nuggets ;) :D When can I sign the transfer forms ?!! ;)

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
GEU 2 ND Lions 1

Tough game for GEU as they had only 6 starters and the rest were CAT players, and 1 sub on the sidelines. Then lost a center mid to injury. GEU scored about 20min in with a great cross to a wide open player in the 18.
ND then tied it up with a free kick header the the keeper got a piece of but not enough. Half way through the second GEU got the winner with a cracker of a shot from the left back.
ND pressed and definately could have had a tie tonight, or even a win, but couldn't seem to ripple the mesh. Always a little wide of the net.

We'll take the win none the less.

On to the CAT on sunday to give them their first loss.

Damn GEU we have had no luck with your club in the past or present. We just couldn't find the back of the net on friday. The points were there for the taking and we blew it. Although I love that LONG ASS DRIVE would've been better to return with the points. I wasted gas twice this weekend for you cnuts for no points, I can't wait to see you guys in Delta im gonna be siphoning... :p

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, T and Burkee something or other, Langley is poor, can't hold a candle to PAU or Sikh United, need to step our game against shite teams, should have a statistician on the sidelines, etc, etc, etc..... I think your shite, you think were shite. Lets move on. Happy?
Somebody out there, OK Cainy, tell me how to motivate the boys for the likes of Sikh. How do you get the lads to step it up?
Got a deal for you guys. Steal some points over the next 10 weeks, read PAU, and with Dude the cnut as my witness, I will make a public apology on this massive network called TTP.
This has the makings of a absolute barn burner of a rematch in January or whenever. T, lay off the emoticons. Can't make heads or tails as to whether you are really that oblivious, or this is your latest attempt to add a little life into your camp?

Gottoadmitthisslaggingstuffisagreatreleasefromthepressuresoftheday!

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oblivious ?? YES !!! just defending the team, no matter what.....we'll do it again in january. :D

are emoticons a new line of transformers ??? I want some for christmas ;)

I also heard the PAU boyz say that they are waaay better than Langley.....I think it was Princess Leia .....

stir, stir ,stir

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T are you counting pass backs to our keeper as shots on goal for you? If so, then you may have had more than 2 shots. A couple of times we had to pass it back to Timmy just to keep him focussed, unfortunately this disrupted his gameboy playing. Seriously, I can hardly remember if you collectively passed the centre line in the second half.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nukes were you the guy that was chasing his tail in the middle of the park.....I thought so.....maybe thats why you didn't see anything, it gets dizzy after a while.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is the fcuking moderator when you need him ???? Skip, get this guy on topic, his post reads like Bill Clinton's memoirs.....just substitute Mrs. Pharo as Hillary and Mrs. utah as Madalene Albright :eek: ......Skippy where r u ??? schools should be out, unless you are tutoring the high school females again :D

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Douglas College Boys

striker12 said:
On a side note, gotta give a Congrats to Douglas College and the Storm boys playing out there who qualified for the nationals on the weekend. Good job to Andrew who came on at half to score two goals to help knock of defending champs Capilano 4 - 1. Now hurry up and win the cup so we can have our depth back....

I don't know if i would call getting a midfielder and a goalie back your depth, but it can't hurt

also wanna say congrats to the douglas boys, the score was 4-0, and they ripped cap a new a**hole while doing it

not entirely sure where the players are going after nationals, but there are rumours of a possible 5-7 joining the lions, i believe 2 are going to the storm, anyone else picking up players from douglas or other colleges/universities as their league are finishing up?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to sound like a prick, but the college players over the past few years haven't added shite to the league nor the teams they sign for. If you sign more than two or three to a team it usually causes more shite than good.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, when your record looks something like this...

G W T L GF GA Pts
8 0 1 7 4 15 1

... then a complete transfusion probably ain't a bad idea.

i'mnosoccerologist,but...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holly smokes...I wasn't that off topic. Oh well...I guess humor and levity are frowned upon by the new management. For Christ's sakes man...at least move it to some place other than no-man's land.

To be on topic, I agree with everything Utah writes.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Your post has been 're-located' to a thread more suitable to the content.

Langley Boys,

I have edited the poll to provide you with a potential option to vote, as I'm sure that you might abstain otherwise. ;)

~Skip

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
However, when your record looks something like this...

G W T L GF GA Pts
8 0 1 7 4 15 1

... then a complete transfusion probably ain't a bad idea.

i'mnosoccerologist,but...

that, and having a total of 20-24 guys signed to both premier and CAT, anything could help right now

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How would you know Utah, most of your career has been in the FVSL div 1, except for when you played with SFC premier, the year they got religated :eek: Some of you Langley boys may be on a high just now, so let me give you all a bitch slap back to reality. Take all your players, total up all the premier titles you have won,( remembering that most of you are in your 30s) and you might have one, Teddy Brennan a PAU boy :D There is no team I enjoy beating more than LFC. As you all sit in judgment of a SUFC talking crap about how you could have turned it up a notch ( and didn't) remember your clubs history. LFC2, and dude, in my opinion are the only Langley lads who carry any wieght from your club. They know what it takes to run a club and be a good club man. The rest well you may be able to fool a few young guys but those of us who have been around know the real score :rolleyes: When I think back to all the great players who came out of Langley, and believe me the list is long and distinguished, i can't help but think you all completely shat the bed. Enter LFC2, and a new chapter has begun, and good for you. Its a pity most of you guys waited till the twilight of your playing days to realize there is no shortcut to sucsess, hard work and commitment. So pin that up on your changeroom wall or whatever motivates you, trust me we need no gags to get up for you guys. When someone said in one of your posts "ask Cainy how to get up for Bad teams", it's easy, you play to your standard not you oponents. That is how we put 15 goals past you guys two season ago ;)
Fenian is excluded from that rant, cause I don't consider him a Langley boy.

The unsilent majority strikes again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0