Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
younguy said:
PAU took it to us from the get go. They had all the possession all game long, they had all the chances, but hats off to our keeper for keeping us in the game. We truly needed to rely on him tonight and he did a “fabulous” job. I felt bad for our keeper, cause I haven’t seen him have to work that hard to keep us in the game in a long time…but we’ll take the points and first spot.
Red Dragon said:
I figure Tim's probably in the hospital right beside the rest of our team, us with broken bones and Tim with hypothermia as he didn't have to move at all Saturday night.

I smell bullshit. :mad:

Younguy feels the only reason they won was because of memyselfandi... RD is claiming that memyselfandi was bored all game.

Which is it? :confused:

sixfyvtiredofLFC2s"wewerelucky""thankstotimmyforbailingusout"crap

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post mortem from a Langley perspective.
Agreed, Kevin did a great job, but honestly never seen him have a stinker.
Nice to rid ourselves of the last hurdle psychologically. Game meant different things to different guys. PAU other than their stumble last year, has been a power in the valley since we have come back up. Means nothing until you beat them. Also will mean little to the overall goal if we don't show up for two very big games the next two weeks, and the six to follow obviously.
The game was not a classic to watch, but from what we have been trying to instill in the team as far as a system, as much as you can training hard once a week with missing bodies and different line-ups week to week, a near perfect execution. Back 4 smothered PAU and with endless miles coming from the mids, we were eventually going to get chances. A very good TEAM performance.
As much dislike for each other that appears to be on the surface, hard to remember anything stupid happening on the field between these teams in the last three years, a mistimed tackle on Red Dragon aside. Lots of respect from both sides, and a great rivalry.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
sixfyvtiredofLFC2s"wewerelucky""thankstotimmyforbailingusout"crap

When have I ever said that with tongue NOT firmly implanted in cheek. Red Dragon's read was spot on. Other than Cooper skimming a free kick through the six early on, there really was little dangerous penetration into the 18.
sixfyv-we were full value! Young Guy is just back in the mix so his piss taking is a little rusty, but just like his game, will come around nicely.
See you Saturday, hopefully with a new beer sponsor in tow. Must admit looking forward to the unorthodox day and time. Will JO be good to go?

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one to notice that Dude and Utah both missed the PAU match because they were at the Ice Capades? My god, tell me it ain't so.
I would lay low on Tuesday night if I were you 2. :wa:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still pissed but...

Gotta hand it to Langley, they played their style of game, and forced us into playing it too. We couldn't get a flow going, no urgency in the attack, midfield or defence. Although I don't think it was due to lack of effort, cause I think guys were fired up to play... we're just playing some bad football lately, we're in a funk and the confidence is low right through the team. As a result, we've been changing how we play, and rushing everything instead of building up patiently.

Anyhow, congrats to Langley for getting the first win against us... they are on a great roll and I don't see it slowing down for a while. Sucks to lose Drew and BJ for an extended period, hope they heal up quick.

The Nation will rebound....

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheFenian said:
Rumour has it that Cainy and Hibee went home to cuddle, instead of heading to the get together. Any confirmation????

Fenian....I'LL give you the straight goods on that. Hibee was supposed to ride with Sage but the camel's hump swells in sub-zero weather so they had no ride. Trong was supposed to drive Red Dragon over but heard that parallel parking was mandatory so he decided against it.....plus RD had heard that the Prime Rate dropped a 1/4% and had to go home to Chilli-wack off. As for Billy J., with his obvious injury he was unable to attend, however, we kept some warm milk and a blanky on hand just in case he decided to bring his sprained ankle over. As for Sir Cainy, he wasn't invited. We figured he had embarrassed himself enough the last get together not to mention it was going on 11:00pm time we got the party started and it was well past his bedtime. They say you can grow into being a big strong boy when you sleep, guess Cainy is trying to make up for lost time.....BTW, how many sheep did you count that night Sleeping Beauty???!!!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lotsa lurkers today on TTP, things are vewy vewy Quiet around here. Possibly players are thinking about moves around the league before the transfer deadline approaches. Who's gonna leave a sinking ship?? Which league contender will try and wheel or poach players from other teams in preparation for the BC's to bolster their lineup's??? Cainy, any calls?? I know you being under MF's wing for soo many years you must have someone your working on as I speak.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley vs PAU

Congrats to Langley for a good team performance... I thought they finished their chances and really minimized PAU to possesion in non-dangerous areas... They were obviously playing how they wanted and we couldn't get a damn thing done... A bitter pill to swallow after losing a few players (again) to injury... Hopefully we can right the ship on Sunday...

BTW, Cainy did show up to Coopers as he said he would... I guess he just went to the old place in Fleetwood??? :rolleyes:

RED Dragon is dead to us all!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0