Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
must be a lot of fun for your boys playing week in and week out. Nothing against the other competition in the fvsl premier but I'm sure guys like Harmse have a lot of fun coming from MLS to playing in blow outs every weekend. I would begin to make examples for all the players but I can't seem to remember last years vmsl all star line up. Im all for having a great squad and winning, but gloating about 7-0 games and how it could have been worse, isn't quite that. Are you really on a role or are you just getting what you have paid for?? On the other hand It is great for fvsl to have a team of poco's calibre to represent us in the provincials and having the title come back to the valley will definitely shut up those from the vmsl....for once. I also believe that poco going back to the vmsl is both beneficial to them with their talent and development and also for the remaining fvsl premier teams, to have a tighter more competitive league. Some may argue against this, but I can bet 80% of the players in the premier league don't want to play poco. Argue this if you may, but let me ask you this question after a 7, 8 or 9 nil loss, and I bet your response is different.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
must be a lot of fun for your boys playing week in and week out. Nothing against the other competition in the fvsl premier but I'm sure guys like Harmse have a lot of fun coming from MLS to playing in blow outs every weekend. I would begin to make examples for all the players but I can't seem to remember last years vmsl all star line up. Im all for having a great squad and winning, but gloating about 7-0 games and how it could have been worse, isn't quite that. Are you really on a role or are you just getting what you have paid for?? On the other hand It is great for fvsl to have a team of poco's calibre to represent us in the provincials and having the title come back to the valley will definitely shut up those from the
vmsl....for once. I also believe that poco going back to the vmsl is both beneficial to them with their talent and development and also for the remaining fvsl premier teams, to have a tighter more competitive league. Some may argue against this, but I can bet 80% of the players in the premier league don't want to play poco. Argue this if you may, but let me ask you this question after a 7, 8 or 9 nil loss, and I bet your response is different.

Actually every guy on are team has a lot of fun including Harmse. I'm not gloating when I say "it could have been worse"..... I'm just telling it how it is. It's funny how you bring something up about playing players ( real original ) and then say it's great to be represented by us. Nobody is going to argue your point about wanting to play us.I think its closer to 90%. now that's gloating.

TA

Plain and Tall

Feb 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait to play POCO when I get home. The better team the more challenging the game. Every competitor in this league should look forward to playing them. Whats more fun then attempting to knock the top team off their perch.

I have Dec.16 marked on the calendar TA, hopefully no snow that weekend!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait to play POCO when I get home. The better team the more challenging the game. Every competitor in this league should look forward to playing them. Whats more fun then attempting to knock the top team off their perch.

I have Dec.16 marked on the calendar TA, hopefully no snow that weekend!

I agree. I love these situations. Poco is expected to win. The pressure for them week to week is to perform as expected. If they do not, they need to make sense of the result, even if it's a win, and ensure they are not regressing. It's not easy. I love playing against the best teams and don't mind being the underdog from time to time.

Your approach to this is refreshing Plain and Tall.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Part of the problem I keep seeing with teams playing poco is there trying to play them talent for talent it is not going to happen!Play a defensive game first which has not been happening at all!!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually every guy on are team has a lot of fun including Harmse. I'm not gloating when I say "it could have been worse"..... I'm just telling it how it is. It's funny how you bring something up about playing players ( real original ) and then say it's great to be represented by us. Nobody is going to argue your point about wanting to play us.I think its closer to 90%. now that's gloating.

TA

Im glad you're playing your players, otherwise id be very confused on how you win with no one on the field. I agree that everyone wants to have a shot at the big dogs and knock them off their perch, its why we play this game, but as I said let me ask you this question after a 8 nothing loss, and your thoughts on the next time you play them. My other comment was also based on other threads and divisions and how teams would rather be in a hard fought 2-1 win, than a 7-0 win week in and week out. I played premier for a long time, and Ive watched poco play, this is the strongest team I have ever seen in the fvsl, thats why I say it will be good to have you respresent us, because it gives us (the valley) the best chance at bringing us the provincial title. And when it comes to the "paying of players" if you are, you are, and good for the players, I wish I was getting paid too, I just believe its hard for people to grasp why top end vmsl players, would leave their teams for what was a 4th place valley team last year, for no certain reason. I don't see Ronaldo going to Bristol City because Nani and Deco are there, but if playing with friends is the actual case, then my foots in my mouth, and good on them for being that strong at that level and being with their buddies, cause nothings better than winning with friends, in the sport you love.

Rbks, you have to try and go forward, if you just sit back their going to pressure the piss out of you and won't let you out. And if you butcher the counter attack then you're really screwed when they push back up the pitch.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We tried attacking yesterday and created a few good chances, however not as many as them clearly. As TA said it coulda been more, but i don't think he was being arrogant it's just the truth. Should he say it was 7-0, close game? I do think rbks is right though, we shoulda tried defending them better and counter attack rather than try passing through there team. (England vs Spain for example)
And for the record, i'd like to play them again, i can't speak for the rest of the team but i think all of us would want too.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
must be a lot of fun for your boys playing week in and week out. Nothing against the other competition in the fvsl premier but I'm sure guys like Harmse have a lot of fun coming from MLS to playing in blow outs every weekend. I would begin to make examples for all the players but I can't seem to remember last years vmsl all star line up. Im all for having a great squad and winning, but gloating about 7-0 games and how it could have been worse, isn't quite that. Are you really on a role or are you just getting what you have paid for?? On the other hand It is great for fvsl to have a team of poco's calibre to represent us in the provincials and having the title come back to the valley will definitely shut up those from the vmsl....for once. I also believe that poco going back to the vmsl is both beneficial to them with their talent and development and also for the remaining fvsl premier teams, to have a tighter more competitive league. Some may argue against this, but I can bet 80% of the players in the premier league don't want to play poco. Argue this if you may, but let me ask you this question after a 7, 8 or 9 nil loss, and I bet your response is different.

I hate to break this to you but Poco is not really representing the fvsl in the provincial cup. Poco is coming to the vmsl next season, so technically they are representing the vmsl. Let's be honest, can you really see all of these other valley teams sitting back and rooting for Poco (the team that stuffed them 8-nil) to "finally shut up the vmsl teams" when Poco is basically a vmsl all star team that is going to be playing in the vmsl next season? What exactly has the fvsl proven in this scenario?!! It was a nice try but you are grasping for straws a little bit. Of course, this is all assuming Poco goes on to win the Provincial Cup, which is no easy task.

To me, the bigger question seems to be what are we to make of the fvsl without Poco?

:cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with you on this Reedie: it would be more accurate to characterize this as not a VMSL allstar team but rather a team of some VMSL players who had the potential to be good, but fell short dueto lack of character. Hence their willingness to leave their club and switch leagues for a few dollars.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with you on this Reedie: it would be more accurate to characterize this as not a VMSL allstar team but rather a team of some VMSL players who had the potential to be good, but fell short dueto lack of character. Hence their willingness to leave their club and switch leagues for a few dollars.

I can't sense any bitterness in this comment :rolleyes:. To say the two that left West Van "had potential to be good" is ludicrous. I guess we will see next year if squandering their chance at WVFC was detrimental to their development as amateur football players. They surely aren't "good" players because they went to the Valley. I guess you are right, they wasted their potential, no chance they can be good in the VMSL any more.:p

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose no one wants to notice that the starting goalkeeper, right back, centre mid, and left back vs NFS were all starters when POCO got thumped 4-1 in the PAK final a couple years ago. POCO is an improved team, deal with it.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to break this to you but Poco is not really representing the fvsl in the provincial cup. Poco is coming to the vmsl next season, so technically they are representing the vmsl. Let's be honest, can you really see all of these other valley teams sitting back and rooting for Poco (the team that stuffed them 8-nil) to "finally shut up the vmsl teams" when Poco is basically a vmsl all star team that is going to be playing in the vmsl next season? What exactly has the fvsl proven in this scenario?!! It was a nice try but you are grasping for straws a little bit. Of course, this is all assuming Poco goes on to win the Provincial Cup, which is no easy task.

To me, the bigger question seems to be what are we to make of the fvsl without Poco?

VMSL, FVSL, what does it matter. We may both be routing for POCO to actually WIN nationals.

Too early?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm sure you were questioning their character and how good they were when they helped lead you to a Provincial Cup title. They never fell short.....can't wait for your reaction when a former teammate of theirs comes over to the dark side. Nice pre Christmas transfer to brighten up the mood around here. I'm thinking of making it an annual thing.

TA

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well technically they would still be representing the valley as they won the provincials as a valley team, technically. My question is if they merge with a team and become say, Norvan FC or what have you, can they actually play at nationals....I doubt it. Different league, different club, I wonder what the rule is. Especially since POCO as a club would still be in the valley. I dont see them winning it all, no real competition all year and they are beatable like anyone else just a very good team.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can honestly say then that no one else from the FVSL this year has a chance to win the BC's apparently as they are all getting humped each weekend by POCO

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can honestly say then that no one else from the FVSL this year has a chance to win the BC's apparently as they are all getting humped each weekend by POCO

And we did the previous 10+ years? Girth, WAAAAY back when you won the league with GEU, you stood no chance to win the BC's. I think I actually remember watching you get bounced by Sapperton in the first round.

The FVSL is getting stronger, but no one can or should deny that it plays second fiddle. The league is run very well and it is as a whole getting stronger. We are still a long ways off of having the depth and number of good sides as the VMSL, especially in the Premier division.

I can say that even after getting humped by poco, if they do make a deep run into provincials, I will be routing for them. Because as many VMSL TTP'ers will say they are essentially a VMSL team, on the trophy it will read POCO - FVSL.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we did the previous 10+ years? Girth, WAAAAY back when you won the league with GEU, you stood no chance to win the BC's. I think I actually remember watching you get bounced by Sapperton in the first round.

Correct but my point is their was not a team that humped the rest each weekend waaaaaaaaay back then in the FVSL so we all felt like we had as good of chance as any to atleast pull off an upset.[/I]

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The FVSL is getting stronger, but no one can or should deny that it plays second fiddle. The league is run very well and it is as a whole getting stronger. We are still a long ways off of having the depth and number of good sides as the VMSL, especially in the Premier division.

I can say that even after getting humped by poco, if they do make a deep run into provincials, I will be routing for them. Because as many VMSL TTP'ers will say they are essentially a VMSL team, on the trophy it will read POCO - FVSL.

I have to agree that the league is very well run right now. I hate to say, but the one sore point right now seems to be the same as always- lack of depth in tallent accross the Prem division.

That being said, it'd be a shame is Poco moves on; not so much for the loss of tallent, but moreso for the loss of tradition. Ever since Poco separated from MF, they have been a staple in the Premier division.

So far as lopsided scores...anyone who thinks that Poco is a Provincial favorite right know is delusional. They are missing the competitive matches right now to properly prepare. I hope I'm wrong- would love to see a FVSL team go deep in the Provincials, but me thinks the lack of competition could do them in.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont worry TA will get the job done ,in the provincials they will propably be ready as the team will be fresh & healthy!im sure TK ,harmes will sort games out themselves,mills will b suspect though

sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0