Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4-1 Westcoast. Westcoast opened the scoring when their keeper came in for a header off a corner and buried it from top of the 18.
Surrey immediately responded off a bicycle kick off a set piece and then went up 2-1 on a top corner volley from 55 yards out. 2-1 at half. Surrey went up 3-1 right off the second half kick off as the Westcoast keep was off his line. With 5 to go Surrey buried a breakaway on a counter while WC was pressing.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No shots fired. I definitely haven't been among the leagues best lately. It shows by how little cups we have pulled in in Abby lately compared to the mighty aldergrove.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4-1 Westcoast. Westcoast opened the scoring when their keeper came in for a header off a corner and buried it from top of the 18.
Surrey immediately responded off a bicycle kick off a set piece and then went up 2-1 on a top corner volley from 55 yards out. 2-1 at half. Surrey went up 3-1 right off the second half kick off as the Westcoast keep was off his line. With 5 to go Surrey buried a breakaway on a counter while WC was pressing.
I also have no idea if this is how the game went, but seeing as how nobody else lets us know, this how I imagine it went.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also have no idea if this is how the game went, but seeing as how nobody else lets us know, this how I imagine it went.

No idea what you are on about.

If you go to http://fraservalleysoccer.com/index.php, it's clear from the front page...

Oct 19th: "@FVSL1 34% chance of precipitation. See everyone after Christmas #fvsl #saftyfirst"

Then...

Oct 22nd: "Rain didn't stop the best wee league around this week #fvsl"

Then, between Saturday and Sunday, a bunch of scores were posted, real-time (this is actually pretty good, since they aren't being posted here), with the most in-depth statement of them all, being: "SU 4 Westcoast 1. SU got some bodies back and rounding into form. Westcoast with a pretty thin bench. #fvsl #upl"

Obviously the Twitter feed is telling to local community about all these matches. Rolleyes emoticom.

The most telling new information I got out of the site was that SEAN EINARSSON of Surrey United took control of the GB race with 8 in 6 matches, and COLE ALMOND of Westcoast is right behind him w/ 7 in 6. Both pretty high production. Oh, and we have an imaginary report featuring a bike from 55 yards.

So, I went to BC Soccer Web, because, well, they were shown on the FVSL Twitter feed. http://bcsoccerweb.com/category/bc-soccer-news/

Nope, not even a whisper.

Went here, naturally expecting some FVSL news: http://aftn.ca/category/bc-soccer/ . Nope, but there was some VMSL news.

I'm stumped. Google FVSL, and see what comes up on page 1.

The FVSL players, at least some, want to read about the matches. Seems to me that is being done exactly nowhere at this point, yet somehow the players themselves can't figure out they themselves are the reporters.

But hey, if the players and the league are all happy w/ the tree falling in the forest and making no sound, why should I care?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude I wish guys did use TTP in this division, but I don't think it's fair to reflect on the league or players going anywhere because they don't banter one another off on a forum.

However like it or not quite a few players are in fact active on Twitter. Whether or not you find them to be unintelligent for doing so, that's where the banter takes place, or did over the past few seasons at least.

Here's the Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/FVSL1?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

What am I missing?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there are any squads looking for an anchor for a relegation battle, though.

And, I'd actually have to play.

It's weird though, isn't it? I mean, this: "However like it or not quite a few players are in fact active on Twitter."

I probably don't understand Twitter enough, meaning I'm old, and frankly, us old people are kinda irrelevant in the whole discussion.

Except, right, the LEAGUE wants to generate discussions.

What's the saying? I'll get my coat?

thomas mills

Apr 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take a look at the Discipline List LOL Somebody at head office has their eye on the ball.....up to date, topical, relative to today's social media diarrhea....match reports next I hear soon as they hire some cub reporters being fires from newsprint jobs, hacks are us to the rescue.....banned for life new category for FVSL.

thomas mills

Apr 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting a GIANT cokc n baws symbol over top off a celebration picture where the SFC Rangers received a lifetime award at a soccer function is disrespectful to that team NOT the league that gave them the well deserved award. Assface strikes again...just realized I was banned a number of years ago for saying the word Assface. Wonder if I'll be banned again. I know my name won't appear on the best wee adult male soccer around's website because i never do anything to deserve being on a discipline list, there, I'm done go ahead say it, do not pass GO, do not.....LOL

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting a GIANT cokc n baws symbol over top off a celebration picture where the SFC Rangers received a lifetime award at a soccer function is disrespectful to that team NOT the league that gave them the well deserved award. Assface strikes again...just realized I was banned a number of years ago for saying the word Assface. Wonder if I'll be banned again. I know my name won't appear on the best wee adult male soccer around's website because i never do anything to deserve being on a discipline list, there, I'm done go ahead say it, do not pass GO, do not.....LOL

My phone has a 5.5'' screen and that pic only takes up half if that. If that's Giant to you I hope your looking at it off your TV Or have a decent size compute monitor

Poor fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0