Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets start with this, SU is beginning to make an imprint putting together more complete games with some impressive football. The last game against Westcoast wasn't quite like @cascadesoccer scribed but very entertaining to read and entertaining to watch. It was 4-1 win. Pretty convincing. Respectfully could have been more, although Westcoast battled hard. All the teams in the FVSL always fight to the end. There is no easy game. Anyone who thinks there is has their head up their ass.

As far as our lineup, we have pretty much everyone back from last year's squad. As expected, we needed to use quite a few U18's for the first few games, but our main roster is becoming healthy again. Personally, I love to see young players improve week to week, knowing that they become more vested with the team as the veterans accept and mentor them. We have good people on this team. Nice to be part of this.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as the other stuff happening on this thread now, and knowing this is TTP. I think there are some clouded messages between taking the piss, a well intentioned message, and just taking a jab. On a personal perspective, taking the piss at me, is all good and enjoyed. I haven't had my feelings hurt. Justifying our decision to move to the FVSL is warranted, but depending on who was asking and the motives behind it, I am smart enough to know the substance behind it. My real feelings are and always have been, to not just follow along because it's the popular thing to do, but doing whats right for the greater masses. So I supported this move because I know the substance behind it. Not everyone else does. Not everyone else has to.

I'll continue to post updates from time to time but am smart enough to know what taking the piss is. I also will say that I have watched some excellent players play these past few weeks who don't give a shite what league they play in, are DEFINITELY good enough to play in any amateur league, but just get on with it. Respect for them and not getting caught up in the hoopla.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly.

I want to hear more about these players that are setting just crazy production rates. How do they play? Finesse? Power game? Bit of both? I want to hear what their path was to the FVSL. Uni? Strictly through the youth levels here? Born and raised overseas, landed here for other reasons?

Look, I can say all I want I'm not tied to any one league, or vested, thus I don't care...but the truth is, I really do care. A lot. My heart has always been w/ the FVSL. Especially now when you start seeing what these clubs are doing to build up their Premier programs. Fcuk me, it was not so well coordinated when I was fighting for my time.

I see that the league, specifically the Premier division, has gotten to a spot where it seems they are just knocking on the door and about to bust through.

It's so popular to say, "Well, the FVSL Premier division isn't even as good as the VMSL 1st division", mostly of course said by VMSL guys who literally have no clue. It's really more like the top FVSL fall into the middle of the VMSL Prem. It's not nearly the chasm people make it out to be. Frankly, the players themselves are the proof.

The results don't lie, yes, the VMSL has the track record, the FVSL doesn't, when it comes to Provincials...but man, you get the feeling that the league is so close.

Why the players don't post and banter here like they do on the VMSL forums, or any other, for that matter...don't know. Again, could be managers advising not to write anything controversial, thus, don't write at all. Could be fear of repercussion; you obviously have a twat of an administrator w/ a quick trigger finger that is looking to somehow exhibit the size of the dick he swings. This is the third time he's swung that little pea shooter at me, whatever floats your boat, Mills. Knock yourself out (but it won't be w/ that pea shooter).

Me...I TTP for fun. I do love this game and love this league, and I want to hear more about the players, and the matches. As a league, you guys have built yourselves up to what most shrewd footy observers would say is a very high, respectable level. At an amateur level, basically right up there, and on an upward trend. That's a good thing; you deserve to have your story told, but nobody is. You can't expect the President to do everything, so in no way is this a slight on @knvb (except for maybe the tampon throwing incident on Friday...kinda funny...kinda not helping the cause...so be it. Boys will be boys...those two aren't the first to have personal differences aired on TTP, won't be the last). No, TTP isn't for everyone, but somehow it works for what "we" are.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being in the VMSL and truly being a valley guy at heart, I'd love to see the Valley catch up or win the provincials. Honestly VMSL Prem is a different level. It's not close. It's not that a lot of guys don't have the skill in the valley but the game is played sharper, faster and you get punished for mistakes. Until the Valley gets 10 legit teams that won't change, yes the bottom teams battle but they aren't premier teams period.

It seems they are trying to move in the right direction and I applaud the effort just rather hear the guys at the top making fun of Dude in his stupid bike shorts then go the other direction. Honestly we are a bunch of guys that love soccer and want the best, including actual information that guys aren't afraid to share. Catch more flys with honey as they say.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being in the VMSL and truly being a valley guy at heart, I'd love to see the Valley catch up or win the provincials. Honestly VMSL Prem is a different level. It's not close. It's not that a lot of guys don't have the skill in the valley but the game is played sharper, faster and you get punished for mistakes. Until the Valley gets 10 legit teams that won't change, yes the bottom teams battle but they aren't premier teams period.

It seems they are trying to move in the right direction and I applaud the effort just rather hear the guys at the top making fun of Dude in his stupid bike shorts then go the other direction. Honestly we are a bunch of guys that love soccer and want the best, including actual information that guys aren't afraid to share. Catch more flys with honey as they say.

Ummmm...have you seen me in spandex? Like, live? You don't want that package around your missus, that's all I gotta say. I wish I could wear that shite everywhere. It's Money.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION just sent me 22 screens of text on this, but would rather be political and stay out of the social discussion. It's pretty good, though, and amazing he can do that all on text, with nary an auto correct. He's a texting genius.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION just sent me 22 screens of text on this, but would rather be political and stay out of the social discussion. It's pretty good, though, and amazing he can do that all on text, with nary an auto correct. He's a texting genius.
pics or it never happened.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should see me at thumb wars.
ND have played in fvsl Prem, vmsl Div1 and vmsl premier in the last 3 seasons.
We have a good taste of it all.
Fvsl is def on the ups and good on them. Doing lots of things right. I rather discuss the overall culture and pathways we have for our local game. Creating pathways for the top youth players to connect to men's and keeping guys playing this game is where our energy should be focused. We lose so many after 18 years old. And many clubs don't have clear pathways.

Surrey united is doing it right. Solid club with real leaders with a vision. They will win the league. Even after their 0-3 start.

Ok. Off to ice these thumbs. Big afternoon ahead.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Current standings in the FVSL Prem
GP W T L GF GA DIF PTS
1 - - Aldergrove United 6 5 1 0 15 5 10 16
2 - - Langley United A 6 4 1 1 19 6 13 13
3 - - PMO Lordco Gunners A 6 4 1 1 21 7 14 13
4 - - Chilliwack FC A 6 3 1 2 14 12 2 10
5 - - Surrey Utd Firefighters 6 3 0 3 20 14 6 9
6 - - Westcoast FC Selects 6 2 2 2 15 13 2 8
7 - - Abbotsford United A 6 2 1 3 11 17 -6 7
8 - - BC Tigers Dasmesh 6 1 1 4 10 13 -3 4
9 - - PMO Rangers FC 6 1 0 5 4 26 -22 3
10 - - Coastal FC United A 6 0 2 4 8 24 -16 2

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Got to agree here. Having played in both leagues and being an interested party/keen observer of both leagues as well the level is not close, not necessarily in terms of skill, but just in terms of tempo as @bulljive was saying. It just feels like VMSL Prem has another gear.

@Dude I think you are right in that the top FVSL teams could slot in somewhere around mid table. Certainly Aldergrove are a quality side, with some top talent, but where would you put them compared to the VMSL's top teams? Surely Coquitlam/West Van/Peg would all be favoured. Maybe a better match up with Rovers Tigers/Inter?? So then it goes from there.

Like I said, I saw Dashmesh v Coastal and honestly, I would pick NorVan/Rino's Tigers/Guilford to beat them most days. It's not a slight on the FVSL, it's just a reality. I have nothing but respect for the league and the way it's run and their dedication to professionalism (ie warm up tops and walk outs pregame) and hopefully there becomes more parity between the two leagues over the coming years. It could spark some great inter league rivalries, heck maybe they could even bring back that failed little champions league idea they had close to a decade ago. Right now though, there's just not much point.

Also agree that @LION may have the best perspective to offer given how dominant ND were in FVSL Prem, a top team in VMSL Div 1(though not quite top enough for promotion) and now trying to find their feet in VMSL Prem.

As for a club with a development structure how about Metro Ford...?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford has been the gold standard around here for a long time, without a doubt. Giving my girl's club Surrey United a 1a behind Metro Ford...but really, there are a lot of clubs making great strides towards bridging the gaps in "Cradle-to-Grave" pathways.

Lion is bang on, but the truth is, the sport will always see the big loss in numbers at 18, the challenge is to reduce that, which falls to the philosophy of the clubs and teams themselves. If an 18 year old kid is ready to stop right into men's premier, well, likely he was ready at 17. That being said, how many are capable of being slotted right into Div.1 or even 2, but are denied entry by their parent clubs' teams?

Anyhow, a different discussion for a different thread.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford has been the gold standard around here for a long time, without a doubt. Giving my girl's club Surrey United a 1a behind Metro Ford...but really, there are a lot of clubs making great strides towards bridging the gaps in "Cradle-to-Grave" pathways.

Lion is bang on, but the truth is, the sport will always see the big loss in numbers at 18, the challenge is to reduce that, which falls to the philosophy of the clubs and teams themselves. If an 18 year old kid is ready to stop right into men's premier, well, likely he was ready at 17. That being said, how many are capable of being slotted right into Div.1 or even 2, but are denied entry by their parent clubs' teams?

Anyhow, a different discussion for a different thread.

Well said!

We coddle our teens way too much. If you have a youth club with a men's and women's adult program - start using those permits!!

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear from some kids and parents that the kids aren't being allowed to play on permit for open teams in some clubs even when they feel they are ready to step up and when the coaches of these teams feel the kids are ready to step up...seems counter productive to having a club system to me.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear from some kids and parents that the kids aren't being allowed to play on permit for open teams in some clubs even when they feel they are ready to step up and when the coaches of these teams feel the kids are ready to step up...seems counter productive to having a club system to me.

it's true

Best

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched with interest the ongoing discussion about FVSL and MWSL as to who is the better league. Up front, having watched many games of both leagues, MWSL is slightly better than FVSL.

To put it in perspective compared to top leagues in Europe:

Whitecaps are basically at top 3rd Division team (Recruiting players who can't make it anywhere else, being cheap and unless management keeps filling the coffers of their shareholders, this club will fail in the long run)

MWSL-Bottom 6th to Top 7th Div team - Having watched a number of bottom feeder games in a major Euro Country of Div. 7 this year, I was surprised at the skill level and those teams would not be relegated out of MWSL.

FVSL-Mid 7 Div. A notch below MWSL and their top teams are no worse than bottom of MWSL.

Can't understand the arrogance by MWSL representatives claiming such superiority over FVSL. On a global level, both leagues would be in the lower regions and instead of being arrogant, should enjoy their cameraderie of having fun and playing with friends. By the way, if you want to improve the skill level of amateur soccer in Canada, take the rugby, hockey and lacrosse mentality out of the game and improve your technical skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0