Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Halloween Fog

Phatanslow said:
Well it is wednesday and my friggin' head is finally clear enough to get back on here !! I tell you I will never drink whiskey again :rolleyes: !!! QUOTE]

What's your choice of poison this week.

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poker was the poison this week not liquor. There were a bunch of my companies salesmen in town and I had to be the gracious host and take them for dinner . Well afterwards I didn't want to go boozing as we had a big game the next day so I talked them into playing a little texas holdem', and to make a long story short I got a little to into the game and didn't wander home till 5:30 am . Got home set the alarm for 9 am and promptly sleep till noon , woke up to this god awful buzzing alarm !! Won a tidy sum though so not a complete loss. Obviously I wish I had made my game !!!
Actually when I saw it pissing all day and night I thought it was going to be cancelled !!
I guess as you get older you lose some of that fire , christ I remember being all excited polishing my boots just waiting for sunday , now I dread 10 am Sunday morning's. We should all play on a friday or saturday nights as 10 am is for people who go to church not footie !!!!!!!!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A long time ago, in a Galaxy far far away.....

In an outer system called Surrey lived a boy called Toe.
His dad wanted him to work but all he wanted to do was play footie.
So Toe left and learned his trade on a few good ships; Langley Borsatto, SFU (Twice National Champs), Club Ireland, BCIT, Delta-PeaceArch-Surrey Utd Premier and eventually was accepted into The FVSL jedi Masters.
He scored the Golden Goal in the Provincials against the Evil Empire but the dark side had clouded the linesman’s vision and his naked celebrations were for nothing. Poor lad.

Along the way he met Mrs Toe and had 3 other Toes, life seemed good but a new Force was emerging, a Force so strong that it lured Toe to the "other side". And so 5BigToes will be putting on his AllBlack helmet and cape and flying with the new Alliance. Bigger-Stronger-Blacker!!!

AllBlacks vs Delta Measles :D ,
Friday Night Special
8am @ The Oval.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - October 2004

If you guys kiss each other I'm gonna puke.......

Sunday was a great day of footie even tho the score didn't fall our way...short of players and falling like flies with every injury you can imagine, the boys in Black put up a valliant fight but in the end couldn't mach up with the Sunshine Boys on the day. Nice to see the ex-downers again in a game that felt a bit like an old scrimmage at times seeing ALL THOSE EX-TEAMATES RUNNING AT ME... :eek: Hilite of the day for me was stopping a Patty Moore peno...he'll be mumbling about that one for weeks... :p

Up yer Kilt!!

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

TLF I give you a hard time on here about being a keeper and such but I want to go on the record and say that stopping a penno is top shelf mate !!! Well done !! Now lets not make that your hilite of the year or anything jsut the start of a fabulous run of goalkeeping, it seems you are chasing down the academico keeper for the honours of being called the best !! I think angelo is shitte, planks for hands and scared of his own shadow !!

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are the Rangers entering the Master's Challenge Cup or the Pakenham Cup? My other question is why don't they play Premier? Obviously they are too good for O35. :confused:

Stir, stir, stir...

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With the first half of the season done and over with, time to refect on the over 35's league and the second half to come.
The league has been very good and it seems as if anyone can knock anyone off at anytime if you not playing your best.
No real susprises for me, except for the fact that it sure is fun to play against people that we used to have a good old rivalry with.
Aldergrove, Delta, Pau, Surrey,Langley,and Sap all have a ton of players that we used to love playing against way back when.
Some of the soccer that has been played this first half has been top shelf!
Too many of these players stopped playing open way to early in my oppinion.
The league is tight and with cup games coming very soon i expect a couple of big upsets in the over 35 playoff cup.
On to play the best goalie in the league on Sunday, hopefully we can get the points and sit back and wait for good old Surrey U to come into Newton for another great tilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad Shuey is going to Burnaby though. Oh Well.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
Too bad Shuey is going to Burnaby though. Oh Well.

First Millar takes Jonsey, now Shuey, I think Stevie may not get asked back to the Muckers this year. So Penner and Millar both are on Reds for the Khalsa game this weekend, so is Shuey in the back or in the Pipes, should be interesting.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes Hos it is a very touchy subject in Rangerville right now.

One word. Turncoat.

I hear that we could be loosing another player as soon as tonight?

Seems he's going to our rivals. Nice, very nice. Poached eggs are on the menu out there.

We just go from 23 to 21 just like that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who are your rivals and who is the player, Coach?

~Regs.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The transfer is not done yet Regs so i will wait till it's a done deal.
The rival is another Masters team in our Div. One that is in the top 3.
Sorry but until the deal is sealed i will remain silent.

Nothing worse than boys jumping ship because of playing time!

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach,
When you carry 23 players you are going to have playing time issue's !! With that said though if players leave because of it they are probably one's not getting that much time anyways so it shouldn't impact your squad that much. Christ now you only have 10 subs what ever will you do ????

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
The transfer is not done yet Regs so i will wait till it's a done deal.
The rival is another Masters team in our Div. One that is in the top 3.
Sorry but until the deal is sealed i will remain silent.

Nothing worse than boys jumping ship because of playing time!

Well, it's not us so it must be Peace Arch. You guys had too many signed. Working out for the best.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Phatanslow said:
Poker was the poison this week not liquor. I had to be the gracious host and take them for dinner . Well afterwards I didn't want to go boozing as we had a big game the next day so I talked them into playing a little texas holdem', and to make a long story short I got a little to into the game and didn't wander home till 5:30 am . Got home set the alarm for 9 am and promptly sleep till noon , woke up to this god awful buzzing alarm !! Won a tidy sum though so not a complete loss. Obviously I wish I had made my game !!!
Actually when I saw it pissing all day and night I thought it was going to be cancelled !!
I guess as you get older you lose some of that fire , christ I remember being all excited polishing my boots just waiting for sunday , now I dread 10 am Sunday morning's. We should all play on a friday or saturday nights as 10 am is for people who go to church not footie !!!!!!!!

pilates N No Show,

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........

That's a very nice story! It's brillant you that you are such a gracious host, won lot's of money and it wasn't the evil drink that caused you to miss a game between The AllBlacks and PA. Even after your prediction of Victory? I've got a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat.... :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Milhouse said:
Are the Rangers entering the Master's Challenge Cup or the Pakenham Cup? My other question is why don't they play Premier? Obviously they are too good for O35. :confused:

Stir, stir, stir...

Milhouse,

you obviously don't see much Over 35 soccer my friend....so as for the comment the RumpRangers are too good for the Masters....FCUK OFF!!! :eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach et all rumprangersandfireinmyhole,

WAAAA!!!!!! :D I guess if it's not SU then PA could always use another body cause I believe they only have 75 players signed.... :rolleyes:

Playing time is an issue on every team in the FVSL Masters, I'm sure that The Mighty Surrey United even have their fair share of issues, cause everyone wants to play. Welcome to the club!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Phatanslow said:
5kneesurgeries,
I am sure being an ex-PA player you have had plenty of lumps in your throat !!!!

pooped N blow,

nice come back Potsie!!!! :p

just turn up for christ-sake, we've all had late nights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts