Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Preseason Banter and Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sanchez, all of those guys were top drawer and really stepped up, especially when some guys got hurt.

in the wings

Jan 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
heard round the field last nite NDU Alumni may have a name change to North Delta United Rangers Alumni.....???

does that mean coach will be back with the boys ? R F too ?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's true, Bored is leaving the Mighty Castilians. Wants to play closer to home. Now we need to find another striker quickly. I knew it was too good to be true. That's a huge loss for us - minus 23 goals for us this year.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
These new drinking and driving rules are pretty tough - I can walk home from the GEU practice facility.

Boy you really find out how people feel about you ...

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
we are good upfront this year Bored...thanks anyways. Unless JTL comes over as well, don't see you cleaning up the scraps for 23 goals this year.

These new drinking and driving rules are pretty tough - I can walk home from the GEU practice facility.

Boy you really find out how people feel about you ...

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alphabet,

Congrats on getting promoted to premier. PAU has dropped out and that leaves you guys as the obvious choice. I am assuming you are taking it. That is of course unless there are some backhanded deals with some of the executive as I do believe there may be some conflicts of interest in that group.

JTL

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The word is that PA FC could be merging with another team to hold onto their Masters Premier spot #2, will be able to confirm tomorrow.
PA FC did call GEU, but did not get a call back, so that deal is dead, I guess the Moneyman was to busy with a bigger deal.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a rumour. Peace Arch FC Dragons in the Premier spot.

Best of luck in the upcoming season.

I see the FVSL has already been updated with the new team.
Masters Premier Division

Abbotsford Brickmen FC
Aldgergrove United
Chilliwack Mission United
Delta United
North Delta United Alumni
Peace Arch Dragons
Peace Arch United
Poco Castilians FC
South Delta FC
White Rock United

This will make the Premier division even more competitive.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. That really makes things interesting - in both divisions. Without Richmond in Div. 1, there's no clear favourite now. Although some teams coming in - namely South Surrey, FV Athletics, SFC Caps, the Razorbacks and PMSC - have short term anonymity on their side.

And Poco will still likely be favoured by most to win premier, but PAD will certainly make things interesting.

I still think there's a clear "Top 6" in premier in the Valley. In alphabetical order, these teams should comprise 1 through 6: Chilliwack-Mission, Delta United, North Delta, Peace Arch Dragons, Poco & South Delta. Abby, Aldergrove, PA United & White Rock will compete from being relegated.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me. I guess thus means I'm going to have to get below 300. So much for a leisurely stroll through the winter :(

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL won't gain respect until the executive stops making backroom deals with teams trying to gain promotion without earning it. Certain individuals on the executive definitely have conflicts of interest (Brandt Watkins - plays for PAU). I have spoken with a few of my friends from GEU and they are quite upset about it.

On the other hand we look forward to playing some better teams this year. Hopefully the Dragoons can compete.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we are good upfront this year Bored...thanks anyways. Unless JTL comes over as well, don't see you cleaning up the scraps for 23 goals this year.

Tis true GEU lack the calibre that POCO has. And personally last year was an aboration, I am hoping to be more productive this year but we can't play GEU every game.

I think you mean you are fine up front, not too sure about 'good'.

Shall we have a friendly and bet another box of beer?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the looks of it, Temple United should have a competive team in Div 1 Masters, based on some of the players I have seen signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0