Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Preseason Banter and Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, JTL, there is a PAU connection with the Fagons.

Attachments

• March.jpg
    March.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 527

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction: many forfeits.

You are probably basing that on the prior year team.

This year has a influx of new players who all played together and won the Masters Knights league....so to predict forefits might be a little early. The team will be much different than the team in year's past.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I would ever speak for Bored- because he's a douchebag- but I think he may be basing his prediction on the history of pretty much all Temple based teams, pretty much ever. They have always, always, always, always been reliably unreliable to show up to a park prepared and with 11 guys ready to start a match.

Typical pre-game warm-up 5 minutes prior to kick-off involves one guy frantically working a cell phone, while 6 guys in miss-matching shorts and socks casually knock a ball around, 3 others casually get kitted up, and one guy stands at centre begging for 20 more minutes to allow their other guys to show up.

Often times the negotiating turns to the other squad as the Temple team asks to reduced halves to 35 minutes, and asks the other squad to leave a player off so as to play w/ 10 men and make the sides "even".

This is just a wild guess though, Gurps.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Castilians 2 GEU Open Premier 1 last night with goals from Bored and Sliver. They were a very good, quick, young team. We didn't play our best but it's a decent start for us.
I think they'll be just fine in premier.

JTL

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I would ever speak for Bored- because he's a douchebag- but I think he may be basing his prediction on the history of pretty much all Temple based teams, pretty much ever. They have always, always, always, always been reliably unreliable to show up to a park prepared and with 11 guys ready to start a match.

Typical pre-game warm-up 5 minutes prior to kick-off involves one guy frantically working a cell phone, while 6 guys in miss-matching shorts and socks casually knock a ball around, 3 others casually get kitted up, and one guy stands at centre begging for 20 more minutes to allow their other guys to show up.

Often times the negotiating turns to the other squad as the Temple team asks to reduced halves to 35 minutes, and asks the other squad to leave a player off so as to play w/ 10 men and make the sides "even".

This is just a wild guess though, Gurps.

Actually...you are confusing Sikh United with Sikh Temple.

Sikh Temple has been playing in the VMSL in years....alot of them in Div 1. I can't even remember the last time we forfieted a game.

I don't know about the teams who played in the Valley in the PAST. This is not the same team.

This is a new team in the spot that is has alot of ex VMSL players playing as the VMSL would only offer a Div 3 Masters spot to the guys.

I am not playing there...but from what I have seen this should be a competivie dedictated team.

The guys and teams in the past not warming up and calling on their phones 5 mins before kickoff have nothing to with team. So please don't lump us in the category.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually...you are confusing Sikh United with Sikh Temple

Not confused, I stand by my prediction.

I am hurt by the term douchebag, it's a bit early in the year for that, isn't it?

Dude is a wise man and I thank him for his interpretation of my comment.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

:D

Brilliant, Dude.

We've all seen this scenario play out with Sikh and/or GN Sport teams. Sorry Gurps, but we'll have to wait until the season hits the tough winter months when attendance often drops before we give this "new" team a pass. Although the new, much stiffer FVSL fines for forfeits may make a difference.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored, being as wise as I am (very wise), I can 100% confirm there is no time like the present to call you a douchebag, you douchebag.

Confusing Sikh United with Sikh Temple...can't see how that would happen.

I call second week of November for 1st forfeit, first week of September for 1st Chinese fire-drill act by the new and improved Sikh Temple squad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when the schedules are coming out?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is that what they do in Poco??

Mind your own business!

Are we on the playground??
RPLS..... that's exactly what they do there...

None of my business... but... those who get time don't see it, or don't care ... effin ridiculous that players pay $300 to $400 to play there... (choke/puke/gasp) ... sit&watch there to get 10 minutes every game or two... deal is, whatever it takes and who ever it hurts/embarrasses/degrades to get hardware ... again, none of my business, but I've seen too many players taken advantage of there... it's disgraceful, and the remaining players should be embarrassed... this isn't pro ... check yer egos before you enter the changeroom...

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone start a thread called - Mad as yell and you shouldn't take it (Choke/puke/gasp)
There are lots of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0