Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Preseason Banter and Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they'll do OK this season because they have to start in Div1 Masters before having a chance to move up and play that Poco team in Premiere.

Took a peak at their roster and they've got some very good players and should have no problems in Div1

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way I'm reading this FVSL master's thread, it's Poco to win the premier league and the Master's cup and Richmond to win div.1. I'm so disheartnened by this news I don't think I'll even play this year, what's the point the names are already engraved on the cups.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way I'm reading this FVSL master's thread, it's Poco to win the premier league and the Master's cup and Richmond to win div.1. I'm so disheartnened by this news I don't think I'll even play this year, what's the point the names are already engraved on the cups.

Don't forget the Provincials. That is all but a foregone conclusion ;-)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This seasons Divisions:
Masters Premier:
Abbotsford Brickmen FC
Aldgergrove United
Chilliwack Mission United
Delta United
North Delta United Alumni
Peace Arch FC
Peace Arch United
South Delta FC
Poco Castilians FC
White Rock United

Masters Div1:
DFC Razorbacks
Fraser Valley Athletic *
GEU Thunder
LUFC All Blacks
LUFC Athletic
North Delta Alumni B
Peace Arch Rangers
PMSC Saints *
Poco Dominion FC
Richmond Dragons
SFC Caps
South Surrey FC
Surrey Heat
Temple United *

(* denotes absolutely no names registered yet for this team. Which is kinda scarey for Div 1)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope.
Haven't got my new kit so i can reference the spelling

Not sure if i've even made the team this year!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just had a look at registered players and Delta United have 26 guys signed. I know we old guys get injured a lot easier and there are work and family commitments during the season, but 26 guys signed on one team seems quite high.

I hope everybody on Delta isn't hoping to get equal playing time.

How many guys can a team have dressed for games?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to thank the TTP faithful for conceding us (Dragons) the titles based on one rumoured comment at a meeting :) Seriously, I do think we'll do OK depending on player availability and injury status, but that's the way of masters isn't? Can a Div 1 team even qualify for provincials and, if so, how?

Seeing as we are new to the FVSL and Masters, I was hoping that the experienced folks here could fill us in on a little of the league etiquite. Especially the part about the post game BBQ ;) What are the expectations of each team in this regard?

For Yoda: How high can you run up a score on a team before they are allowed to toss you from the post game activities?

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A div. 1 Masters team can qualify for provincials, but must at least make the finals in the FVSL Masters Cup.

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big troubles in Peace Arch, the #2 undefeated in 2009/10 league play, PA FC, only lossing to one team last season, POCO in both Cups, can not field a team for Premier Masters this season, they just gave word that they are droping out of Premier Masters, moving to Div 1 Masters and hoping they can pull some players together to give Div 1 teams a game.

This must be GEU's lucky day, they are now in the Premier Masters Div.

Bored, you can go and play for GEU now that they are in Premier Div, carefull for what you wish for.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they should just give the spot to the Dragons. Foregone conclusion.

Bored...troubles in paradise?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Yoda: How high can you run up a score on a team before they are allowed to toss you from the post game activities?

They can't. Not that we would know, but usually a team beaten by double digits doesn't like to hang around with us anyways so we end up doing post game activities by ourselves. Come to think of it, it happened a lot.;)

Good luck keeping game scores reasonable this season Kurgan.

Sancho IV

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, when can we expect a season opening Top #20?

Congrats at the Nation's Cup. Your two center backs were great. Your striker was fun to watch, and the 'ginger', in the middle of the park, was a bull with a wonderful touch on the ball. You are right that shiny topped lad on the outside in game one, is very talented. They must have been fun to Coach.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 'ginger', in the middle of the park, was a bull with a wonderful touch on the ball. You are right that shiny topped lad on the outside in game one, is very talented./QUOTE]

You have a way with words Sancho. Stay away from the playgrounds.

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big troubles in Peace Arch, the #2 undefeated in 2009/10 league play, PA FC, only lossing to one team last season, POCO in both Cups, can not field a team for Premier Masters this season, they just gave word that they are droping out of Premier Masters, moving to Div 1 Masters and hoping they can pull some players together to give Div 1 teams a game.

This must be GEU's lucky day, they are now in the Premier Masters Div.

Bored, you can go and play for GEU now that they are in Premier Div, carefull for what you wish for.

Can anyone from Peace Arch verify this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0