Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Preseason Banter and Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Castilians had a team meeting tonight and it looks like we're struggling for players next year so we will be asking the league if we can drop down to div. 1. Too many players didn't get enought time last year. I guess that's the price of winning. It's the shits because we had a good thing going.

Best of luck to the premier teams next year.

Cheers.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Masters Cup 2010

Christ- it isn't even the 2010/2011 season yet and there are falling sandbags coming out of Poco. Fcuk, and I thought the wind storm was causing problems.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With soooooo many players and coaching staff picked for the FVSL Master's All Star team :rolleyes:, this must be disappointing news JTL.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does GEU have a team in the Premier division? Closer to home and higher calibre.
Langely will get a shot to wrestle back bragging rights then.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With soooooo many players and coaching staff picked for the FVSL Master's All Star team :rolleyes:, this must be disappointing news JTL.

I bet the Oilers had a lot of players on the all star team back in their hayday as well. And I'm not disappointed, just time to move on.

JTL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard the Richmond Dragons are joining the FVSL Masters Premier division this upcoming season.

A lot of quality players there, I hope it does pan out.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond in the Valley!?

Can you imagine the drive to Aldergrove? Poco? GEU!? fcuk me... was the VMSL not taking any new entries? :|

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same but I think they have to start in Div. 1 Masters. I'm sure GEU Thunder and both Langley teams would have something to say if Richmond went straight to Premier. Having said that, the FVSL does have a bad habit of promoting teams that don't earn it.

England was shocking today. I wonder if Scotland are looking for any players at the Nations Cup.

JTL

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Castilians had a team meeting tonight and it looks like we're struggling for players next year so we will be asking the league if we can drop down to div. 1. Too many players didn't get enought time last year. I guess that's the price of winning. It's the shits because we had a good thing going.

Best of luck to the premier teams next year.

Cheers.

JTL

AAahh, snowman promised me a starting spot, that better still be on the table....
Does anyone know any place in Cuenca Ecuador where i can watch the futbol on HD ?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As is Surrey United. If any FVSL players are looking to jump over to the dark side, give BRM a good look - best facilities in the VMSL... Sapp? Do they even have facilities?

It's an easy choice.

PM me if interested, especially you Irn Bru :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, while i'm getting out of the sun for a bit and my holidays are winding down, i've been thinking, "what are other teams doing in the offseason with their teams?"

Any teams out there have any new signings to speak about?
Any comments on the new Richmond team coming in to Div1?

I know the Castilians have lost a few and gained a few new players this season so they will have a bit of a different look.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the Masters meeting last night, the Richmond representative was overheard saying, "The League? We want more than that. We expect to run the entire table.":eek:

Talk about putting a bullseye on your head.

There are now 10 teams in premier and 14 in 1st division. The Masters Cup will be a single knock out with 8 teams getting byes in the first round. Those 8 will be the top 6 in premier and the top 2 in 1st div. It will be random after that if I understood correctly.

Premier's league is simple - 18 games. Play each team once home and once away.

1st div is a little more complicated with 14 teams. Each team will play 8 others twice (home and away) based on geographical regions and will play the remaining five teams once each.

2 teams are promoted from 1st at the end of the year and obviously 2 relegated from premier.

There will be some pretty tough teams in 1st div. Obviously Richmond will be the team to beat. After that, I don't really see a clear favourite to challenge. Both Langley teams will be scrappy. Dewdney can compete. North Delta and Poco should have decent second teams. I know nothing about South Surrey or FV Athletic yet.

Could be an interesting year.:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on what I have seen, (at least at Nations Cup, or over the years) the Richmond team will have a tough time getting past the Port Coquitlam team in FVSL Masters. I think anyway that one of Richmond's better, and someone who certainly deserves respect, attacking players got out-muscled and shut down by two Poco brothers in the back at Nations Cup, and Poco has a top drawer midfielder and arguably the best pure striker at the over 35s level around. I don't know about their depth, but those guys alone should make them very tough to beat. Poco had another left sided player who appeared to be quite good but got hurt in game one, and it appears they are well coached, and you can tell they are lads. Once they get out of the FVSL, they should be in for a very good game against a couple or hopefully one in particular of the VMSL sides...very tough competition for Richmond though.

Sir M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0