Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fog, what fog?

No report, we staterd well and then they came at us.

cheerscoachwhowouldhaveplayedrockoandnotsatmybench! :confused:

Deej

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty even game with both teams getting a few good opportunities. Thought JB reffed a good game considering the lack of visibility.

Nobody stayed late and nobody drank any alcohol.

Psst...downtown that is what I was supposed to say, right?

Good to see Buckfast. Tough luck this morning. Celtic 1 Rangers 0

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC Razorbacks 2 Poco Raiders 2

Not a pretty game. The Razorbacks were winning 2-1 & gave the win up in the last minute(injury time) we were told . We choked !
O' well onto next weekend:mad:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oops!!!!!!!!!

Bye bye Razorbacks.That's to many points to drop this early if you plan on winning this leauge.
Good try though?

Coach :rolleyes:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will just have to see Coach !

Don't think were just going to go away Coach! The Razorbacks will be pain in your guys ass ! Just like the Storm will be.

Cheers
Rex:D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
all righty then.

I just said that this is too many points to drop this early.

Would you not agree?

We all know you guys have something to prove(what it is I'm really not sure) so just go out thier and win.

It's really quite that easy, Just Win!

Cheers Rexy, Coach.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unrucky Rex on the tie with the Raiders.
Let me stretch my arms with the new found elbow room.
It was getting a little tight up here. :p

Who am I to kid? :D
Me thinks we were in too tight with those freaking Highlanders Friday night.
Nil-nil in the fog in the 51st minute was getting me concerned.
Slightly. ;)
And, Ian Johnston having to make a stellar save on Big McGill slightly before the call off was of no concern also. :rolleyes:
Well done to JB on a good read on the situation.

What happened in the Storm/PoCo United match?
Fogged out also or?

Cheers to KNVB, TheRob, Dude, Bucky, Lion and his pack of cubbies for coming out to watch a pretty uneventful and boring game at the end of the day.

Your pure respect to still come out in th fog on the reassured promise of consistent :rolleyes:, quality football has been well noted however.

RF

:cool:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 3 - 1 Poco Hotspurs

Good game today at Gates #1.

We dominated the first half with countless chances but only scored the two. They almost potted two own goals for us, but one was cleared off the line and the other hit the crossbar. Thanks for trying.;)

The second half was a little different. We controlled it for the first twenty and then they took over. They didn't really have any chances but held most of the possesion. Finally at around the 80th minute, #18 for LUFC scored his first goal after billions of chances. The plumber almost missed though. Well, I shouldn't say that. The keeper made a phenominal save on the first shot, but didn't have a chance on the second. 3 nothing with ten to go. They did get a goal in the 90th minute. A sweet volley off of a looooong cross. Our keep got a hand on it, but then landed on the ball and squeezed it in.

Good win for us. We needed it going into a tough match against the perenial favorite Rangers. They should kill us. 7-8 zip I figure. It'll be a pleasure just to be on the same park as them though. I plan on sticking around after to see if I can maybe meet some of them and get a couple of autographs. They're amazing.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF

the Storm were up 4-1 with a few mins to go when I left........the fog was bad.....it cleared up for the first half and then came back in.......getting bad towards the end but still was pretty visible......Storm for promotion :D

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
What happened in the Storm/PoCo United match?
Fogged out also or?

RF...

Storm 4 - United 1

This was the game we were using as our true test for this season. Storm was definitely the better team, particularly when you could see through the fog. :(

Storm up early with a nicely taken free kick deflected in at the near post.
United tied it up on a cracking left foot volley from Ravinelli shortly thereafter, although Storm's keeper botched the corner cross and punched it to him just outside the 18.
Storm came back and a good low shot was parried by United's keeper, only to have a forward follow in relatively unmarked to knock it in from inside the 6 at the far post. :eek: That's when the wheel's fell off and Samwise (see Sliver's multimedia gallery pictures) did his best chicken chest imitation knocking the ball onto the foot of a Storm player, who's concrete feet knocked it back to Samwise for a looping right foot clearance for an OG! :eek:
United had a decent chance in the second half on a free kick, but none of the 5 at the back post could get a foot to the ball that dropped inside the 6.
The mare ended when another Keystone Cops moment occured on D and a United clearance hit another defender and deflected straight to a Storm forward for a 1v1 on the keeper. Nicely slid home to the far post. Just another one of the defensive calamaties (SP?) that has cost Poco a number of goals, particularly against Fury and Storm. :rolleyes: Our defensive record is not looking good...

Had it not been for United's keeper, it could have been worse. Definitely a poor showing.

To cap it off, it looks like we've lost our two centre defenders for a while. Something popped (you could hear it) in G's achilles/lower calf and D's knee may have an MCL sprain thanks to the turf. That won't help matters any in the weeks to come. :(

Oh well, just have to prepare for Sporting next weekend...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess now there is a temporary change in the top of the tables.
May I emphasize temporary. ;)

BC:
Was one of your men in the middle #20?
If so, that is a loss.
He's a cracking player.

TR:
A five minute "Meet the Rangers" session will be available for all of you to have your glimpse of greatness after the match, pre-shower.
Autographs, snaps, etc. will be available by our players.
Bring the wives and kids also.
After that, we request you have our complimentary cooler of beer well chilled with some scotch (Glenmorangie preferably) and cigars and also that we be left in peace.

Oh yeah, no red M&Ms too.

David Lee Rangerforever

:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

While your moving onto bigger and better things, I'm still in dressing room waiting for that jar.

Please move quickly :rolleyes:, my nerves are shrieking for a pint.

Thanks in advance.

Buckfast

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
BC:
Was one of your men in the middle #20?
If so, that is a loss.
He's a cracking player.

RF... The two injuries were our centre backs. Confirmed today to be a 1st degree MCL sprain for one (out until Christmas) and a partially ruptured achilles tendon for the other player, our captain (out for the remainder of the season). :(

#20 is still alive and kicking thank God! You're right, he is cracking and a great addition to our team. Many thanks to Wesburn Canadians Premier for letting us have him! :) If we lost him we'd really be screwed!

Fortunately we have a new striker joining us who'll help fill the net, which means we'll move a forward or two back to fill in the newly found gaps.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me?

Ouch.

Well, at least I won't have the Big Lad kicking the fcuk out of me now like he did last time. ;)
Honestly though, well wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

Was it Skytrain that blew out his knee?
Again?

Unlucky.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it wasn't Skytrain. Your first hint should have been:

You're right, he is cracking and a great addition to our team.

;)

Skytrain played in the Poco / Langley Reserve game Sunday, and pulled his groin. I knew he'd get himself into trouble with that compulsive groin pulling problem.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitter_Cabage who is your new stricker?
I hope he is not the one who is made of glass!

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by STD
Bitter_Cabage who is your new stricker?
I hope he is not the one who is made of glass!

Hah, hah, freakin' ha! :D Don't we wish!!! The season would definitely turn around then! :D ;)

Stay tuned to a game near you to find out. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts