Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty!

As usual simply brilliant my man!

But seriously,please shine up our cup :rolleyes:

cheers, coach.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 1 - 0 LUFC

This one is going to bug me for awhile.

I thought the first half was about 50/50. We had some good chances stopped well by Gnu. They had a couple good chances that our keeper did well on. They got their goal about 30 minutes in off of a cracker from about 30 yards out. Whoever hit that probably will never score another like it.

Halftime we made some changes and came out flying. We owned the second half but couldn't find the net. LUFC's #4 shite the bed twice humping the ball through the uprights into the night. I think I, um.....he even lost a ball in the bush. We pressured them for a full 45 and just couldn't score. Hopefully we'll be able to find the net soon. 1 and 3 sucks. Delta thought that they were in a hole.:(

It was an entertaining game by all accounts. Definitely a fun one to play in.

On to Poco next week.

Deej

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta - Langley

Not the most entertaining game to watch but both teams played hard as nails. Great goal by Oscar Goldman. If the keeper wasn't screened I thought he should have done better.

Langley had some quality chances but lacked finish as stated by #4...I mean TR.;)

Onto the World Cup next Friday at Rootin Tootin Newton.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win for the Highlanders.

Langley definitely took it to us in the second half but we held tight. Still managing a couple scoring chances.

Sorry Downtown I didn't get that goal you called. Maybe next week ;)

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The battle of Poco

Originally posted by Argyle
The final score was 1-0 United!

Yup...despite missing their main striker, their injured ace in the hole, and having 3 prime time players hurting big time from a stag the night before (kudos for them for making it...one of who was the groom to be), United was definitely the better team.<br></br>

Considering Hotspurs' coach's jackass behavious before and during the game (dumping out United's water before the game started at 12 PM in 30 degree weather...what's with that? :rolleyes: ), no one was surprised by the action on the field. Challenging much better players and much bigger guys to fights isn't the smartest thing to do in an inter-club derby. :rolleyes: :D :confused: <br></br>

United was back to their real form after last week's debaucle and will prove to others that this week's 1-0 score wasn't indicative of their performance or ability. Looking forward to next week's match against Whalley. Should be a good test.<br></br>

Onwards and upwards!

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC Razorbacks 5 Surrey Sporting 3

Good win boys

well deserved win. The guys showed alot of heart we came back & won the game after Sporting was beating us for most of the game.:)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A okay!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a fcuking hot day out on the pitch!
I really hope the Rangers can catch onto another winning club,because right now,this team will not be denied!
2 - 0 and we really did have to work for it.
GORDO with his return and the winner,and little stevie mccaww
with a very special second.
Bear was a pressence all day long in the second half.(well done big man)
Glenn N with his second shutout, 0 goals in two game.(that is very special)
Roberts, Killer , Rangerforever,and Moorsesy were all work horses all game long.
Too bad it will all come crumbling down on fri night against the
Highlanders.:rolleyes:
Please P M me if clubs are looking for another team.

cheers coach.;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach

I see you are wearing your hip waiders again.
:)

How about you let us know if there is a team looking for a new club. And why.

Maybe there's team looking for a new "Coach".
Or even a "Coach" looking for a new team?

So many possibilities.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Trust me,thier is no coach going anywhere!

The waters are being tested because a new home awaits us!

Cheers,The Coach.:)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well?

I guess the real question is, what is Mundy 4 field like at this time of the year.(eeks, gotta go !)

(just you wait yoda, you'll see!)

The Coach.: :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personal Ads

Experienced CAT player, who's played some Premier. Mid/Defense are my favourite positions. I like long practices under the lights, and walks on real grass fields.

If you have a team that moving to my area, give me a call.

;)

I can't wait!

F

Fabolous

Re: Re: The battle of Poco

Originally posted by bitter_cabbage
United was definitely the better team.<br></br>

"definitely the better team"??
i dunno what game this guy saw, but it was a hell of a game
the only problem in the game was united couldnt handle having there Div 2 squad play head to head with them, and had throw cheap shots all over the park just took keep up with the hotspurs speed

if the united think they are in full form after that performance then i question there presence in the div 1 leauge

the game definitely got very heated at times, but it was healthy. these 2 teams have started a great rival, and will continue to have great games

if anything was accomplished in that game it was that the hotspurs showed that arnt gonna take any shite frmo the united squad....we came from div 2, but we come to play evey sunday and intend to leave everything we got out there on the pitch

"play hard, play fair"

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford Rangers !!!

I don't know Coach ! I'm not sure if that name sounds good in front of the Rangers name !;) What is the Rangers new club name going to be !!!!

Cheers
Rex

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 3 Poco Fury 0

This one was never in doubt from the opening whistle. We came out flying, went up 1 - nil two minutes in, two nil five minutes in and the pace seemed to slow down after that. It was 3 nil at half and I think if it wasn't so hot we would have had a few more. The Fury's a young team but they have some talent, Nick scored the early two goals, both crackin shots from 20 - 25 yards. We really seem to be coming together now.......

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Whalley,

Any truth to the rumors that Nick lost some weight? I'd heard about 20-30 lbs? If that's true, that could spell serious trouble for opposing teams. The guy is dangerous anywhere inside 30 yards already...give him some pace and more mobility, he becomes very tough to stop.

How did Train play?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by striker12
We really seem to be coming together now.......

Don't you just love those circle jerks? ;)

Dude: When we played the Storm a couple of weeks back, Nick was basically Nick.
I don't care how much he's lost, if he has, he's still the very dangerous player out there.
I don't know how much more jinkier he could get.

I agree with DeeJ, the Langley/Highlander match was very tight and very pacy.
Also, with TR, Langley seemed to have them on the ropes in the second half, but the Highlanders defended brilliantly.
Both sides playing with a lot of passion and quite frankly I thought it was a great game to watch.

Fcuk man, was it hot yesterday or what?
We were saying we didn't think we'd played a summer league game this year where it was that hot.
Fcuk's sakes, the lard was oozing out my pores in buckets. :D
Full marks to the Raiders.
They battled us hard and we were lucky they didn't end up on the scoresheet near the end.
McLean Park is a killer.
The grass could have been shorter and that pitch is fcuking HUGE.
Ever the ball licker, I thought Phil did a good job reffing again.

Nice to get the three points and get the fcuk out of there.
(Of course after we drained Marshall's keg and the Silver Fox's cooler)

:cool:

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: The battle of Poco

Originally posted by Fabolous
[Bunited couldnt handle having there Div 2 squad play head to head with them, and had throw cheap shots all over the park just took keep up with the hotspurs speed

if the united think they are in full form after that performance then i question there presence in the div 1 leauge
[/B]

Fabolous -- At least you admit that you're a Div 2 squad! Who's at the bottom of the tables without having even played one of the top Div 1 teams before this past weekend? I thought so! :D

I'm not so sure about cheap shots. :confused: It was a good hard game with both sides having their share of wacks. I seem to recall a couple of centre midfielders for Hotspur - Garth and Rog - playing pretty chippy themselves! Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! :eek: And besides, any team who has a sideline with their parents hurling insults at the other team needs to grow up a little (what did I say about dumping out our water bottles before the game started :mad: - nothing but class...too bad it was third class!)

As for the "full form after that performance" comment -- get a grip! It was a gritty performance all things considered, but we are still to reach top form! Like I stated, we performed well despite the circumstances - missing players, some serious damage done the night before, and a fcuking hot day! - but still have a lot to prove. Hence the game next week. That's what separates the good teams from the weak ones...the ability to pull it out in spite of some difficult circumstances. Seemed to me that Hotspur played that game with a younger team and a pretty much full team and still weren't any real threat. Your only true opportunity came from a breakaway pass from our defender to your forward who still couldn't even score! You've only got 1 goal boys...I'd be worried about that with games coming up against Rangers, Storm, & Razorbacks! :D

Until next time...keep your heads up! You'll hopefully see some success soon. :wa:

United are busy prepping for the Storm which will be one helluva test next Friday! Should be a good match -- looking forward to it!

hideyhideychristalmightywhothehellarewe!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude....

Motorhome must still be in Europe..... is that how Whalley Storm's managing all the wins?? ;)

:D Spazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0