Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo, Anyone,

Why wasn't the LUFC - Sporting game played today? Field? I just got back from Penticton. Was it raining all weekend or something?:confused:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Delta Delta.

What is going on with the highlanders 0 - 2 start!

Is it time to bring Buckfast out of retirement?

Balsa, Millhouse, what's the deal?

Please don't tell me your saving it up
for the big fri night tilt in 3
weeks. coach.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is going on with the highlanders 0 - 2 start!

The first game I thought we were the better team, just unlucky. Yesterday PoCo was fully deserving of the win.

Unfortunately we have been playing without 4-5 starters because of health, suspension and holidays and 2-3 of our starters are not playing completely healthy.

It shows we lack depth in certain areas.

We should have everyone available for Oct 3, except for myself that is.

NotevenBuckfastcouldhavehelpedyesterday,wewerejunk

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach

I agree with Millhouse, though I hate to use missing players as a excuse. We still should have beat them with what we had. I guess that is why we play the games. :)

Time for everyone to buy new shovels so we can try to fill in this hole we have started to dig.

Coach, we will try to get things together for the big match coming up. I may even let the Stepchild try to fix some of my injuries. Though being the nice brother he is, he has stated he will help me just so that he can kick me on the pitch.

I can just feel the love. :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders Tanking?

With the rapid fall of Delta Highlanders, what has happened to the normally chatty Oscar Goldman. Kinda gone quiet or is he one of the missing?

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

Now that we finally got that results thread shutdown, post the scores and banter back in here. Rangers 4 - Sporting 1. From start to finish, never really in doubt. Sort of like the league title:eek:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 Razorbacks 1

Tough game to watch ! There was no flow to the game the referee was whistle & yellow card happy !!!
The Razorbacks were playing with 10 men for the majority of the second half because of a second yellow one of our guys got for tackle. :mad:

Cheers

Rex

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 DFC 1

Probably tough to watch but this was definately a great game.

I totally agree with REX, the ref was giving out cards like candy. I think he gave DFC 6 or so including two to one player and we had 2 or 3. 9 in one match is way to many and I don't think this game was much more physical than last weeks against the Rangers. All these cards are only going to hurt the teams come cup time. I thought last weeks ref was excellent, the way both teams were jarring at him for calls and the intensity of the game, he only handed out 3 yellows and had the game in total control. This week was a different story.

I think we could have had 5 goals easy if we burried our chances, at least we finished the Keg at Kerrs house after (well done boys). Credit to DFC for scoring down a man and 2 to 0 to make the last ten minutes exciting. DFC is going to be a contender this year from what I saw.

Langley beat Poco Raiders! Looks like the Rangers have taken over top spot with three teams one point behind. It's gonna be a close league this year for sure........

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 2 - 0 Poco Raiders

Langley beat Poco Raiders!
Don't sound so surprised. :mad: ;)

We looked good at times and when we knocked short passes around instead of humping the ball up the pitch, we looked dangerous also.

Our first goal came of a great through ball from Carl?:( our striker number 3 slotted it home nicely. We pressured them for pretty much the remainder of the game with some new guy wearing #23 knocking one over the bar from in close. The plumber had two amazing chances today and squandered both. Our last goal came in the 90th minute when we had a free kick just outside the box. Some guy who just got married shot and a defender deflected it into Poco's net. Game over.

Poco isn't that great. They aren't bad, but they are a little slow, and a tad old. And as we all know, old teams suck.

On to the Highlanders Friday night at JO. Do the strippers come out for the Div. 1 games?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Learn Everyone's Name First

Originally posted by TheRob
Carl?:(
...our striker number 3 slotted it home nicely.
...some new guy wearing #23 knocking one over the bar.
Some guy who just got married shot and a defender deflected it into Poco's net.

What number is therob in all of this, I was thinking it was the plummer.

hos

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFC 2 - 0 Poco Raiders

Originally posted by TheRob

On to the Highlanders Friday night at JO. Do the strippers come out for the Div. 1 games?

I think the Stripper was provided by Dino of the LUFC Prem/Cat squad...

:)

Good job on the win, Langley took 7 out of 9 games this weekend.....

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 6 - Port Moody Fury 6

Poco up 2-0 after 5 mins
Pomo tied it up 2-2
Poco back up 4-2
Pomo back to 5-3
Pomo ties it up 5-5
Poco up 6-5 with under 10 mins remaining
Unlucky deflections and Pomo ties it up once more

Poco looked like crap! Pomo looked just as bad, if not worse, but they kept battling back. Kudos to Pomo for not giving up.

Pomo is still not a division one team, but Poco let them look good enough to deserve the point. Poco has a lot to do to make up for a very poor performance and re-establish themselves as one of the team's to beat in Div 1 after their solid performances against SFC Rangers and DUFC Razorbacks. Maybe the 6 PM start lulled them to sleep. I'd hate to be the Hotspur next week, 'cuz Poco will be out for blood and to show that they are a team to beat.

Good game by Pomo considering Poco's apparent desire to allow them to remain in the game. I'd hate to be Poco's next opponent...

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders win! Highlanders win!

Highlanders 3 Poco Hotspurs 1

Highlanders once again playing without 5 starters and only 1 sub.
Poco scored first off a header that went into the ground and took a crazy bounce over gnu's shoulder into the net.

Highlanders tied it just before the half on a well finished through ball to our center back turned forward.

The center back turned forward scored the winner with 18 min left on a blast that went in on the short side. Keeper should have done better.

Dick scored on a diving header to finish the scoring.

I think a full Highlander squad would destroy that team.

Looking forward to Fri against Therob and Langley.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you know...

Therob can pass this on to the Langley guys....

We are closing up JO soon after the game to head to Mackie to watch our Premier team play the Lions at 9pm. Should be a great derby.

Sorry for the incovenience.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back in the Saddle

Well done lads. Glad to see the Highlanders are back to winning after a slow start. Good stuff.

Let me guess what the topic of conversation is going to be on Tuesday after reading about Dicks flying header...:D This story will get better and better as the pints are consumed.

Cheers

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done highlanders

Good stuff millhouse nice to you guys back to your winning ways.

cheers, coach.

(oh yeah,Rangers are back on top!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0