Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Aldergrove, one look at their results tells me this: They appear to have a knack for playing a tight match, and capitalising on their chances. 9 goals for and 7 against show that they know how to win a close match but haven't really been tested in a game with much goal scoring. They're likely a well balanced squad; nothing spectacular but steady at both ends. Compared to your squad, bulljive, they likely weren't very impressive without much offensive flair. They are likely much more balanced than most of the rest of our squads, though. I'll have more on this when we play them in a couple of weeks or so.

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
i think its starting to show that div2a is by far the toughest group. Rippers, NDFC, EAGle Ridge, abby, all seem to be good teams I don't know why eagle ridge has already lost 2 because i thought they had a good squad, as for aldergrove how they are doing so well is beyond me i saw them play and thought they were just horrible. If teams want to challenge for top spot they can't lose to may early which might hurt abby and eagle ridge although i feel both these teams will be beating alot of the top teams

2A definitely seems like a strong group. There's no room for a bad game in this group. You're all droppin a lot of names: Rippers, NDFC, ERU, Abby, even Aldergrove. Well I play for the Royals, and we deserve to be in that mix. We've shown it in the standings. We had an unnacceptable mental breakdown against Aldergrove this Sunday and it resulted in an unacceptable loss. I don't see Aldergrove as being a threat to the top half of the standings. The Royals will put up a fight though. We played AbbySC in div 3 last year, and they can come out strong, but they showed some wild inconsistencies; from 10-1 blowouts, to losses from the worst team in the division. You won't know what to expect from them one week to the next, so you might as well expect a challenge. We'll see where the Royals really stack up after we meet NDFC this weekend.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction NDFC vs Royals the score postponed due to rain and tsawassen gets to breath a deep sigh of relieve

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
My prediction NDFC vs Royals the score postponed due to rain and tsawassen gets to breath a deep sigh of relieve
unfortunately you may be right bulljive if the weather keeps up. We should have our game go ahead with the Titans this weekend as we are playing at home on our turf field. Does anyone have any info on the ND titans. they dont seem to be doing too badly so far.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i apologize to the royals in advance our game has been changed to seaquam high school. A very suspect field, they don't seem to cut the grass to often

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titans have a very gritty team they have a pretty strong defence and will give you guys a pretty good game they came second last year to the hurricanes and gave them good games in both. Midfield seems to be there weekness they also have a couple good forwards. I think they have a problem with getting all there good players there every weekend which may be why they lost there first two games. Some members of NDFC will be there to watch I imagine as we hope to take over first this weekend if you guys lose

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
i apologize to the royals in advance our game has been changed to seaquam high school. A very suspect field, they don't seem to cut the grass to often

sounds like our pitch week 1.
We played there in the summer though. wasn't bad. Just get after delta parks, make sure they get one of their 'high' society employees out there with a lawnmower before sunday. shouldn't be that difficult.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I saw that too, bulljive, and echo the apology...played many a game at Seaquam, I have, and have rarely ever seen the pitch in what one would call decent shape. Good luck boys.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
We won 4-0... in Div.2 C...i play Center Mid.
We play Pitt Meadows Celtic this weekend.
OK....I just lost my whole post trying to preview it.....THIS SUCKS!!!

Wolfy, it's Dewdney Celtic FC.... not Pitt Meadows!!!

Our record is horrible, but we deserve much better. We've had one PK against in each game so far. We were up 1 nil to Hades until a $hite call when Pee Wee Herman fell. they Tie it up, then our goalie gets a knee to the heed and has cuncussion. He lets in 2 my granny could have saved, and it's over 3 - 1.

Whalley sucks farts outta whores...we out shoot them 30 - 5, no finish, and they tie it late on a PK.

Coq. City isn't much better than Whalley, we outshoot them again, and again no finish, they get a PK and tie it up, again were ripped off of what should be a second win.

Delta go up early, then we take it to them, and again some duffus trips over the ball in the box, no contact made and we give up another PK, and it's all over...

I hate to lay blame at the ref's feet, but they should be accountable as well. Like I said, if we finish, the pk means nothing, so we only have ourselves to blame for these. I'd say we shoot ourselves in the foot, but we'd probably miss that as well.

Take away the PK's and we're near the top instead of fighting to keep ourselves in 2nd next year.

I don't get what all the fuss was about Hurricanes...White Rock and us both beat them last year! Now they've got 14 against?! Terrible! And White Rock with 16 against? I don't feel so bad about our 10, with 4 on PK's.

So were playin you this weekend, I'm sick as a dog, but I guess I'll have to suit up to keep you off the scoreboard!! Tip for ya...it's our back up keeper in net this week.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:

Our record is horrible, but we deserve much better. We've had one PK against in each game so far. We were up 1 nil to Hades until a $hite call when Pee Wee Herman fell. they Tie it up, then our goalie gets a knee to the heed and has cuncussion. He lets in 2 my granny could have saved, and it's over 3 - 1.

Whalley sucks farts outta whores...we out shoot them 30 - 5, no finish, and they tie it late on a PK.

Coq. City isn't much better than Whalley, we outshoot them again, and again no finish, they get a PK and tie it up, again were ripped off of what should be a second win.

Delta go up early, then we take it to them, and again some duffus trips over the ball in the box, no contact made and we give up another PK, and it's all over...

I hate to lay blame at the ref's feet, but they should be accountable as well. Like I said, if we finish, the pk means nothing, so we only have ourselves to blame for these. I'd say we shoot ourselves in the foot, but we'd probably miss that as well.

Take away the PK's and we're near the top instead of fighting to keep ourselves in 2nd next year.

I don't get what all the fuss was about Hurricanes...White Rock and us both beat them last year! Now they've got 14 against?! Terrible! And White Rock with 16 against? I don't feel so bad about our 10, with 4 on PK's.

So were playin you this weekend, I'm sick as a dog, but I guess I'll have to suit up to keep you off the scoreboard!! Tip for ya...it's our back up keeper in net this week.

Good grief someone end this thread of complaining......I hate this continious shite about excuses from everyone.....

Do I need to explain our games to everyone to hear a boo-who story....game one we outwork and beat Delta.....game two Poco scores a goal that is 5 feet out of play but some how with the ref chewing on a cheesedog at center doesn't see it...... :confused: Game3 we go out to Port Moody and get our ass kick for 90 minutes because we gave up.......Game 4 we get our act together and lay a stomping on Peace Arch....which brings us to game 5 The Razorbacks..... our back up goalie is in and I'm sick and I worked late and I want some turkey for dinner......A wins a win and if you lose a game pretty good chance 9 times out of ten there was reason other then 1 missed call that you losed the game....

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:

You're right in pointing out that our 16 against looks pretty damn awful, but I remind you that 8 of those markers came against us in last Sunday's match against Abby. No excuses offered for that, as it is totally unacceptable (on our home pitch no less!), but a bit out of the norm to say the least. I played for Delta Metro last season, and did relish in our defeat of the Hurricanes on our own pitch. If you'll recall, though, their goals against was pretty high last year as well. They won quite a few matches by simply out-scoring their opponents by a large margin. This year, they can't simply run and gun like last year, so they're having to learn how to play better defensively.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise:

Hmmmmm?!?!? Let me start with a quote from ewe : "Good grief someone end this thread of complaining......I hate this continious shite about excuses from everyone"

And now another quote within the same post : "game two Poco scores a goal that is 5 feet out of play but some how with the ref chewing on a cheesedog at center doesn't see it...... :confused:"

Your final quote: " if you lose a game pretty good chance 9 times out of ten there was reason other then 1 missed call that you losed the game."

You just regurgitated what I said, we've had 4 PK's against, but no finish.
Now a quote from my post: "Like I said, if we finish, the pk means nothing, so we only have ourselves to blame for these." Did you miss that part?

Also did you miss the part where in game 5 you'll be playing the Celtic, Not the Razorbacks! Can you even read? ? ? Or were you already promoted to 1st Div because you're so good?

Nuf said, I was responding to Wolf's post anyway, And the part of me sick was in jest, I wouln't miss kickin your illiterate a$$ for anything.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
You're right in pointing out that our 16 against looks pretty damn awful, but I remind you that 8 of those markers came against us in last Sunday's match against Abby. No excuses offered for that, as it is totally unacceptable (on our home pitch no less!), but a bit out of the norm to say the least. I played for Delta Metro last season, and did relish in our defeat of the Hurricanes on our own pitch. If you'll recall, though, their goals against was pretty high last year as well. They won quite a few matches by simply out-scoring their opponents by a large margin. This year, they can't simply run and gun like last year, so they're having to learn how to play better defensively.

I hate to bring this up with Franckeyes lurking on this thread, but last year you beat us 1 nil with no time left, again on a very iffy PK. Go figure! We were all over you guys, and came out with a loss. Having said that, starting with that game, you guys went on a roll, and were unbeaten in the final 11 games as I remember. Definately the best team in the second half. and I think you and us were the only teams to beat the Hurricanes last year. Last year we picked up there keeper from two years ago, and he told us the Hurricanes sign higher div players to that team, then in January they have to tie them to the upper teams. That's why they went downhill in the second half.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
we got some energy brewing for this weekend eh?

how is your razorback home field anyways?

SHESH!! I have no idea how the Razorback home field is, but ours...the Celtic... is in great shape. Probably the best pitch in the league.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You my friend must be on crack!!! First you did not take our goalie, we CUT him, as we knew to move up we would need a much better keeper than him and we got one. Also how do you figure we went downhill in the second half, do not forget we won the cup in april. Therefore how can you say we lost our players in January (April does come after January). All i ask is that you think just a little before posting stupid things. Your team blows, you beat us in a mean nothing game when we only had 10 players as we had already pretty much clinched at that point. How you even got into Div 2 is beyond me, but none the less you'll be right back in div 3 next year as you will get relegated.

Guru said:
I hate to bring this up with Franckeyes lurking on this thread, but last year you beat us 1 nil with no time left, again on a very iffy PK. Go figure! We were all over you guys, and came out with a loss. Having said that, starting with that game, you guys went on a roll, and were unbeaten in the final 11 games as I remember. Definately the best team in the second half. and I think you and us were the only teams to beat the Hurricanes last year. Last year we picked up there keeper from two years ago, and he told us the Hurricanes sign higher div players to that team, then in January they have to tie them to the upper teams. That's why they went downhill in the second half.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of mind altering drugs you and Guru are on is beyond me. Defence was one of our strong points last year, If i do recall correctly we had the most goals for and the fewest goals against last year. We struggled early on this season because of over confidence. Look for us to go on a strong run from here on in. Not to sound too ****y but the clones can not afford to lose any more points as I do not see us losing any games in the near future.

Shaven said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0