Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 FVSL Div 3 Combined Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't run a MOTW for this week as a quick glance gave me nothing to compelling to post. A few quick hits:
GEU vs Poco Pacific should be good. Good history in Knights League and FVSL
Miners look like they may get beat up bad by LUFC Athletica
LUFC Rangers will run over Port Moody Rush
Gobind has already forfeited against Chehalis (man that division has been a dog's breakfast this year with the Classics folding and now a forfeit sheesh)
Key West will be obliterated by ACBC B
Guildford Utd has us at Cloverhole Athletic Turf (new)
Abby Hurricanes vs Stolo may be a good one.

Thoughts?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didnt the league have problems with Gobin last year aswell????
If so (and I do beleive I am right) why let them back in the league.
Mabee it wouldnt matter as a different guy could use a different name and they would register anyways...But still,,why enter only to fold,,I mean dont you know your buddies and know how they are going to act during a season.
Plus there are so many guys out there looking for teams..I get calls daily from guys new to town or sick of the VMSL or just moved from downtown to the valley and want to travel less...Mabee the league should have a reserve list or something....Folding teams and forfits are NOT acceptable...Mabee a way higher refundable bond should be in place....Say $2k,,,ya $2k,,,,its refundable at the end of the season,,its less than a hockey registration fee,,,and remember its refundable so the large amount shouldnt scare anyone....I do realize it seems high but have a team in your div fold or forfit you on a Sunday am after driving an hour or so to stand in the rain and i am sure you will agree with me.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it was a pretty bad scene from what I heard, cops and everything. I was quite surprised to see the team back this year, although the players involved are still on the suspended list.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gobind didn't ford, the Surrey Classics did.
Gobind simply forfeited this weeks game as far as I can tell from the FVSL website ;)

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be one of these losers that are on strike thinking that you should be making $30 an hour to pick up trash curbside or mow the grass at Killarney.

Just curious JBN... what should city workers get paid to pick up garbage and cut grass? Would you have all these people work for minimum wage? Attack the little dipper all you want, but leave hard working men and women out of your rants. It's people like you that have made our hospitals disgusting by contracting out cleaning staff. How much should we pay for clean hospitals?, keep in mind that the jobs no one wants to do are often the best paying...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, no more than the other landscaping working stiffs in the private sector. WHy should you get better pay and benefits just cause you(maybe not, maybe you are a sympathiser, which is your perogative, work for the city?

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah, there is a thread for this discussion elsewhere.

Agreed. I just can't let someone who obviously has never had to WORK for a living take shots at those who do. Politics aside, the reason folks like you get miffed at people in unionized positions making decent money, is because you are under the delusion that their jobs are worth less than a decent living. I say those landscapers in the private sector that make next to nothing should make a call to any local union, and get their fair share of profits. Anyone who dosen't deserves their fate.

For the record, I am not a city worker, but I have been active in the Labour movement in BC for the past 7 years. Us union guys tend to stick together...

Back to soccer.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey there is a thread for this but since your talking about it,,Inside workers yes,,,outside workers no,,,why,,,well all the out side workers have got new jobs and are not in need of the strike to end,,while the inside workers are broke and ready to make a deal,,I know of tons of guys who are working now for the Skytrain whats it called and also working on highrises,,,ps did you say $30.00 an hour to cut grass,,,shite and I went to Collage..

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. I just can't let someone who obviously has never had to WORK for a living take shots at those who do. Politics aside, the reason folks like you get miffed at people in unionized positions making decent money, is because you are under the delusion that their jobs are worth less than a decent living. I say those landscapers in the private sector that make next to nothing should make a call to any local union, and get their fair share of profits. Anyone who dosen't deserves their fate.

For the record, I am not a city worker, but I have been active in the Labour movement in BC for the past 7 years. Us union guys tend to stick together...

Back to soccer.

I'm getting a complex. kinda torn on this. what side am i on?

THE BAD AND THE GOOD

Unions are nothing more than a doormat for organized crime.
Is it just me or do they just protect lazy workers?Sure... 1% of the time they bring up a legit gripe... but 99% of the time they only function to slow things down, protect lazy idiot workers, and prevent the good workers from being promoted. Is it time to abolish unions, while strengthening basic workers rights laws at the same time?

The labour movement brought an end to child labor practices, improved worker safety, increased wages for both union and non-union workers, raised the entire society's standard of living, reduced the hours in a work week, fought for and won public education for children, and brought a host of other benefits to working class families.This is particularly important for groups who are more likely to suffer labour-market discrimination. On average, women in Britain earn 20% less than men for the same work but women who are union members earn 24% more than those who are not [11]. In countries that restrict the right of citizens to this form of free association economic growth does not seem to be enough in itself to correct such problems. In China for example, the pay gap between men and women has actually increased in recent years despite the booming economy The 'race to the bottom' by most corporations continually erodes the pay and conditions of employees. Unions are one of the few democratic institutions that seeks to resist this; if employees in more third world countries enjoyed the basic civil rights of workers in western economies, then the cost differential would narrow and less jobs would be moved off-shore.
I don't hate unions but I do believe they do more harm than good these days. When unions formed they were necessary but they are past their time.

Unions are responsible for outsourcing in this country.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentleman and Ladies (if there are any of the latter that post on this thread, which I doubt, but just in case):

Feel free to post about soccer related topics here, especially the FVSL Div #3 Combined Power Rankings, but if you would like to post about union/management related issues, especially the Civic Strike, please post here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/c...al-"chit-chat"/13120-2007-civic-strike-s.html

Otherwise, talk amongst yourselves about ACBC, LUFC etc on this thread.

Thats really what matters anyway.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Power Rankings following Week 6 Matches.
Rankings
Team Ranking
Athletic Club BC 98
Langley Nomads 91
Stolo Utd 72
Langley Athletica 68
Chehalis Chiefs 64
SFC Pegasus Rangers 63
Langley Rangers 61
Players Utd 61
GEU Phoenix 60
Langley Young Guns 54
Surrey Storm 52.5
Abbotsford Utd. SC 49.5
North Delta Hawks 47
Golden Ears Miners 45
SFC Stars 43.5
Poco Pacific 40
Surrey Heat 40
Cloverdale FC 40
SFC Pegasus 37
Guildford FC 34
Guildford Utd 29.5
Bradner Redshirts 26.5
Bradner Blues 25
Sundowners FC 16
Gobind FC 15.5
Abbotsford Hurricanes 10
Port Moody Rush 1
Key West Ford -1.5

Nomads have been displaced at numero uno by the boys in the technicolor dreamkits and KeyWest are back in the red following the beat down by the technicolor dreamkits.

Another jump by Stolo, and Players Slipped.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, it was bound to happen....two back to back killings by ACBC B (8-0, 7-1) and two close calls for us (1-0, 2-1) is what the difference is at this point. Need to come out huge next week if we are going to reclaim the top spot.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know it, time to pitch another clean sheet Housearrent.

This time we get Satan and the boys, Guildford Coaches. or Guildford FC as they are known now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0