Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
fcukin blabbermouth!!! keep yer trap shut... now the Titans are gonna be setting extra guys on us!!!

Guru you guys could beat them if they had all 16 players they have on the pitch :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game between DMU and LUFC Dynamo has apparently been cancelled. This is due to poor field conditions at Association park.

Gets some turf you bums. :wa:

I would be interested in hearing how many other games get cancelled tomorow, the weather looks rough here in Langley at 15 degrees and Sunny but I guess the forecast is bleak.

At least our Soccer party is still on tomorow night.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Kevin,

Take a moment to spit.

Thanks.

Well Dude even your Liams team could beat the Titans :rolleyes: and this is the thanks I get oh well I would wish you guys luck this weekend but I know you guys will stomp who ever you're playing.....oh damn does this mean more spitting :(

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
welll, royals.....titans.........

royals went up 1-0 early, took an early red card almost right after that. titans tied it up soon after 1-1. royals scored another off a deflection by a titans player. 2nd half....royals got 1 more to go up 3-1. titans then got another late in the 2nd. 3-2 Royals in a hard fought match. we were missing a couple starters to begin with, then lost our main striker due to the red card early in the first. great to see we came through even being down a man for the majority of the match, especially at the titans home turf.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats a disappointing result for us, i wasnt playing as i just had dental surgery yesterday. this was a must win and did not come through. the boys better be ready to pick it up after two straight losses, it is just not acceptable for us if we want to compete near the top. we must come out flying against the coyotes next week.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
My prediction for Dewdney is a lopsided victory with 2 goals, minimum, by yours truly.

Sliver to also pot at least 2.
Dewdney did win, the score was not lopsided although GEU didn't offer much resistance. 4-2 Dewd, Sliver with 2 as predicted - that was the only accurate prediction.

TSN Turning point GEU starting keep blowing out his ankle in the first minute, super goalie sub on the Tim Hortons Diet plan which includes 2 knee braces for support making a number of good saves and striking fear into the Dewd attack.

The only good thing aboot this game was the reffing, hardly noticed him out there.

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Dewdney did win, the score was not lopsided although GEU didn't offer much resistance. 4-2 Dewd, Sliver with 2 as predicted - that was the only accurate prediction.

in my opinion if a team scoered 2 goals on you there was some resistance...i dunno about you guys but a 4-0 win offers little resistance but they scored twice on you....i dunno maybe this is a stupid post so ill leave it at that.....respect

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a comment on our team. The score was 4-2 but they scored on their only 2 shots. We however had 20 shots and only scored 4 goals. The score could have been ugly had Dewdney finished a few more chances.

Also this game on grass would have been much more lopsided, Dewdney played a terrible 'turf game', so many balls went long for goal kicks or off for throw ins.

Anyone out there prefer turf to grass? I would rather have a couple of games resheduled for bad weather than play an entire season on turf.

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Anyone out there prefer turf to grass? I would rather have a couple of games resheduled for bad weather than play an entire season on turf.

id agree with you on that one for sure...but overall id rather play on a nice grass field but they are hard to find so over all id say the turf is better cause the weather doent have a huge affect on the condition of the field.....nice grass pitch is best but turf is always consistant so not sure which is better......

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night we played the SFC Stars. Boy, did it ever take us a while to wake up and play at a higher pace. 3-1 final, theirs coming from a PK early in the second. Sean "Drumstick" Kelly with two, Funky with the fist goal, at about 35 minutes.

Any results in from Aldergrove & Pomo Gunners?

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Undivided 4
DFC Coachmen 0

Started the game with 9. Then our center mid hurt his ankle around 25 mins in. Another player showed up at half so we finished with 9 again. Shocked they only got 4 goals. Aldergrove couldnt bury their chances. Alot of missed shots. Not much fun chasing for 90 mins. Overall the game was a waste of time.

BlownByYou

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Any results in from Aldergrove & Pomo Gunners?

Gunners 5 - 4 Aldergrove

I wouldn't say the weather dictated the game but the rain somehow made this game wiide open... goals came early and came fast... moody went up quick, but Aldergrove kept coming back with responses... moody went up late in the second half off a cross that bounced around and then slotted...all in all a great game, the pitch was in really good shape and it just turned out to be a battle of attrition.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Bank 2 Poco City 1 . Christ **** damn, ref calls anything that looks like an offside all ****ing game, then with 15 seconds to go he allows the bank a total offside goal. oh well, we got the hades next week, we'll try to get back to .500.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what game were you watching?
maybe if the average weightt of your team was less than 200lbs you would be able to beat someone to the ball without being 5 steps offside. Or maybe Its a typo... which is understandable... I imagine its pretty hard to type with mittens on.:D
and yes, the ref was pretty weak, but the guys like 70 what do you expect.
The score definately would have been a lot worse if not for the horrible conditions.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:

I hate the Turf we have it for our home games and it sucks, Grass any day over turf

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:

Us.

We might be in favour of turf however because the Grass field options in Langley are absolutely horid.

I prefer Turf to most of the Grass fields available for D2 Men's Soccer. Theres only a few good grass fields left available after youth is done with them.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand turf is better than a crappy grass field but Dewdney's home field is very nice. I don't know how good it will be after the last couple of days but so far it has been great. The game we just played would have been totally different on turf, the turf was sooo fast you had to really change how you play the game.

Somebody must have shite the bed the socres and standing are already updated on the FVSL website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0