Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Those are reasons, not excuses. It's the way the game goes, and similar things like that have happened to a lot of teams. We did beat both those teams you mentioned, but both teams also outplayed us.... and at points in each game very badly. But Offence wins games, & Defence wins championships...

there's a fine line between reasons and excuses. i believe blaming PK calls by a ref are excuses. you can't be making fouls in the box, as i ref i know i'm pretty lenient about calling fouls in the box for a PK, so i'm sure those calls against your team are inexcusable. end of case.

Bluenose said:
Soccermom - The reason the game was switched was in part due to the condition of NDFC's home pitch and the Grey Cup on Sunday.

ahh, those are good reasons. particulary the grey cup. ah, we'll only miss the first half or so. hopefully the turf plays to your advantage and you guys can get the W over NDFC. wouldn't really call you guys the underdog, even on grass. best of luck to you.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
there's a fine line between reasons and excuses. i believe blaming PK calls by a ref are excuses. you can't be making fouls in the box, as i ref i know i'm pretty lenient about calling fouls in the box for a PK, so i'm sure those calls against your team are inexcusable. end of case.

I can only assume by you saying that those calls were "inexcusable" that you've never been refed by "Chia Pet?" And have you not ever made a bad call yourself. The ref knew right away after he called one PK that he was wrong, as soon as he got a look at my leg and saw the cleat marks on my thigh, he knew. So even our own ref knew that one PK shouldn't have been called. And the rest...same bloddy ref. :)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
08 looks like you guys will be mucking it up at north surrey lower on sunday.field will help the mucking stars and hurt the skilled canes .dont hsit the bed like we did
Ooooh...that's such a shite field...my condolences to the Stars and 'Canes :(

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
I can only assume by you saying that those calls were "inexcusable" that you've never been refed by "Chia Pet?" And have you not ever made a bad call yourself. The ref knew right away after he called one PK that he was wrong, as soon as he got a look at my leg and saw the cleat marks on my thigh, he knew. So even our own ref knew that one PK shouldn't have been called. And the rest...same bloddy ref. :)

i know i've never made a bad PK call. a good ref will recognize he's made a serious mistake and will change the call on something as serious as a penalty kick as those, like in your games, can often be the difference in a game.

i've never had 'chia pet' to my knowledge, so i can't comment.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
Hey, there is all this talk about who is going to win the cup this year and not a single mention of the ND Titans. I guess no one really remembers that 2 years ago, this team won the U-21 Fraser Valley Cup and made it all the way to the provincial semis. You guys better start taking notice or we 'll be holding the cup and first place in the div before you even know whats hit you.

Another dreamer joins the ttp ranks. LK remember playing U21 means you were playing with boys not men! Petite(note the feminine form of the word)
minder people will notice you when you have actually accomplished something
in the division. Oh ya I forgot you've played half a season in the division, we
better look out!

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
i know i've never made a bad PK call. a good ref will recognize he's made a serious mistake and will change the call on something as serious as a penalty kick as those, like in your games, can often be the difference in a game.

i've never had 'chia pet' to my knowledge, so i can't comment.

But you did commment...

Soccer Mom said:
i'm sure those calls against your team are inexcusable. end of case.

given, you spoke before you knew who the ref was... But Anyone who has had him will understand, Chia pet shouldnt be reffing. And I dont care if youre a ref too, over the years I have had many people on my team who are also refs none of them have proved to have superior judging abilities...
but I agree, a good ref would do that...Chia pet is not a good ref.
end of case.

B

Blahzay

Just want to let everyone know that hoodrat, dopeashell and myself don't reflect the views of NDFC's 22 man roster. I'm saying this 'cause I know we've turned TTP into a freakin' gong show lately. If bulljive wouldn't have taken that stupid "leave of absence" this never would've happened. Hope your proud of yourself blowjive. :rolleyes:

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Just want to let everyone know that hoodrat, dopeashell and myself don't reflect the views of NDFC's 22 man roster. I'm saying this 'cause I know we've turned TTP into a freakin' gong show lately. If bulljive wouldn't have taken that stupid "leave of absence" this never would've happened. Hope your proud of yourself blowjive. :rolleyes:

nobody but old pricks cared. get on with it. it's done. i thought it was quite humorous myself. most of the people on here take this shite way too seriously. insult me as best you can, i couldn't care less. though of course i'll try and piss on you back, that what this site is all about for the most part, i'll never take anything said on here to heart.

Shaven sucks at defense, he will be a liability to his team this weekend.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:

Nice try Mom, but the shaven fish aren't biting this week...might be time to change your lure :rolleyes:

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Nice try Mom, but the shaven fish aren't biting this week...might be time to change your lure :rolleyes:
thats right mom ,how can he be a liability on the back line when he's on the sideline with the flag :D

B

Blahzay

Soccer Mom said:
nobody but old pricks cared. get on with it. it's done. i thought it was quite humorous myself. most of the people on here take this shite way too seriously. insult me as best you can, i couldn't care less. though of course i'll try and piss on you back, that what this site is all about for the most part, i'll never take anything said on here to heart.

I'm surprised you didn't bust out the old "ass goblin" line during that whole ordeal, that one was classic.....oh wait, that got you banned. Did you learn that quote from doing it or what?

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
I'm surprised you didn't bust out the old "ass goblin" line during that whole ordeal, that one was classic.....oh wait, that got you banned. Did you learn that quote from doing it or what?

i hear it's just an old ndfc rookie hazing initiation ritual :knvb:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
you better believe the rookies get it and they like it. Does that make you "curious."

sorry couldn't resist posting on that one. saturday 11:15 NDFC enjoying cold pints while sitting in 1st place. out!!!!

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
you better believe the rookies get it and they like it. Does that make you "curious."

sorry couldn't resist posting on that one. saturday 11:15 NDFC enjoying cold pints while sitting in 1st place. out!!!!

no but it tells me a lot about ndfc" bulljive " it must be a special club

B

Blahzay

Hey, we didn't start calling him "blowjive" for nothing.

Sorry O, that's my last piss on a teammate, you know i'm all insecure cause i'm a rookie. :rolleyes:

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:

i thought we were gonna put an end to such obscene names shaven? i believe a ban is in order for blahzay.

and whats up shaven? you not playin this weekend? "sucking bench" as hoodrat likes to call it. i was looking forward to walking through your 'defensive skills.'

that's a ballsy call bulljive, i was surprised to hear that cuz according to blahzay you like to get down on your knees and blow....whistles ;) right shaven? whistles indeed... :D anyways, i hope that big guy on the titans runs you over as he tried to do me, that p.o.s. got stood up. BITCH.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel inclined to offer up my response to the last few posts about my 'defensive skills' and 'playing time,' or supposed lack thereof... :rolleyes: :

First off, I'm in charge of water, not oranges... :) ...that's another lads job. Secondly, I've only paced the sideline for a total of no more than 20 minutes this entire season so far, and that was all in one match (if you could call it a match) against Abby. I'm sure G-fence can confirm this for y'all. That doesn't leave much time for bench warming or flagging, so I defer that to those on my squad who don't play 90 min. :D

Bring what you've got to the match Mom. Do us all a favour though...Bring your best on Sunday, and this applies for Blaz, Royals and any other of your clique. I really don't look forward to hearing on Monday any more about "We were missing four starters" this and "WRU are shite and got lucky" that. If you all think your squad is as good as you claim it is, then come out and prove it. I look forward to your challenge, and as for yours and others bravado regarding my play and skills and your teams superiority I leave you with wise words from the venerable Bond, as spoken by Sean Connery: "Your best?...Only losers talk about their best." :D :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
i thought we were gonna put an end to such obscene names shaven? i believe a ban is in order for blahzay.

Soccer Mom calling for a ban of another TTPer??? Now I've read everything... :rolleyes: ;)

I see nothing wrong with this post, as Blaz was simply making reference to another time when that particular label was put forth, and not actually using it directly. Blaz ruled onside, and clear in from the halfline. :knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0