Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well boys, Celtic continue their trend. They beat Whalley United today 2-1, dispite yet another bad PK call......from where I was standing anyway. ;) Look out Coquitlam City...we're gunning for you next. We'll see you boys friday night.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The number of pks against us this year is getting rediculous, and I didn't see anything from where I was...(bench)...but from what I heard from our guys on the park, it was the right call. That doesn't excuse the other 6 pks that were bad calls, but this one I'll take. Especially with our brilliant return goal not 30 seconds after. What a blow that must have been. I think there were a total of three passes between whally's Pk goal and our breakaway chip-in. exciting game all in all. If things go as they should from here on out, we're still likely to jump a couple slots.A lot depends on how ER and LUFC turns out tomorrow. I'd like to watch that...

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
That doesn't excuse the other 6 pks that were bad calls

I guess I should say they were ALL undeserved. In fact, one that was probably deserved was last time we played whalley, they tied it up on a pk. But most were shite. out of the seven now, I would say two deserved (against whalley)...2 were questionable, the ref was a little too quick to call them, and the other 3 absolutely no way they should have been called. But thats the way the cookie crumbles. We had to learn to live with a pk against per game, and I think we've done that now.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have only had one pk called against us all year ? how do you guys get so many ? hack them way out there like i do. hard to score on a 40 yarder

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 1-0 ND Titans

It was a hardfought game but unfortunately for us, we were on the losing end of a very tight match. Both teams were very tenative at first and most of the play was in our end. They had the majority of chances but no real strong opportunites until a ball was played through to their striker who slotted a nice shot into the bottom corner. from there, we started to pick it up and should have pulled it back at the end of the half. Our striker was sent in alone on their keeper, but froze and put it into the goalie and a short scramble ensued with the ball being put well over the bar. The second half was much more of an open, attacking style of play from both teams as we pushed for an equalizer but kept on hitting the goalie in the hands. They nearly caught us twice, the first our goalie left to challenge for a ball, didn't get it, but made it back to make a much needed save, the second had them moving the ball well and our defense scrambling but no quality chance was taken as their final shot missed the target. We had a great chance off a free kick as our player headed towards goal only to hit the post. At the end of it, we had a free kick from about 25 yards out that I stupidly skyed instead of just ripping it. All in all, a good game and NDFC was well deserving of the win.

gumby

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
we have only had one pk called against us all year ? how do you guys get so many ? hack them way out there like i do. hard to score on a 40 yarder

We're a bunch of hacks like you if your so curious...every one of our pk's have been from a different player. Seems like someone new has a brain fart every game and we're screwed. I agree with shifty that a couple went undeserved but many have been deserved. The Celtic is a gritty club...that's how we get our points. A hard fought game every time.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it not unusual to have seven different players cause pk's ? and yes we are just a bunch of old hacks that work hard and get some results as it was put once "old man strength"

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ndfc on top of 2a for now ndfc titans falling now .puts the heat on the royals to not let shaven "shave" a few points from them on sunday ?

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Blusenose said, it was a great battle at The Mackie Turf on Saturday nihgt. NDFC and the titans went full on for 90 minutes in what was a wellplayed, clean, hard fought, and well reffed match. The were great saves on both ends and a beautiful goal that started from the NDFC backline and was passed probably 6 or 7 times before finding the NDFC forward who slotted it perfectly in the corner. Neither team gave an inch and in the end, it was the team who capitalized on one of there chances that got the win. Hats off to you NDFC, you played a great game and i hope you can run the table and take 1st. Maybe we will meet again in a battle for the knights cup. Good luck through the rest of the season.

Bluenose, don't give the free kick another thought, you and the rest of the backline played a hell of a game as usual.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st place......for now. a hard fought game we didn't play as well as we could of but thats probably because the titans played there hearts out and beat us to almost every 50/50 ball. Titans had a great defensive game the only reason NDFC won was are offense is better then the titans offense. they created alot of decent chances but all of our chances were dangerous. glad to see our team win a hard fought battle for a win nothing like a delta darby under the lights. 1st place "gotta love it." WRU I want to see a win or itleast a tie

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
good job NDFC, i really thought the titans would do you in last night, with the turf, and the 5 players or so your were missing.

hey g-fence...still looking for a post of mine where i said the royals are a superior team than another team?

anyways, i'm off to ref for 3 hours...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals FC said:
Hey Shaven, any idea what colour uniforms you guys will be wearing today? Cya at 2:15.
You know, I've no idea what colour we'll wear, but if I had to guess I'd say the white and black. I'm #13, see you on the pitch :D

~ Shaven

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They weren't missing any of their top players, only their goalie, but they picked up some guy who was a strong keeper. I talked to Blaz on the field and he said that they were expecting that but everyone got out of their other committments.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clones 4 donegals 0
it was a dominating performance by the clones today .we needed a win to keep pace with poco and we needed to score some goals

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2c poco city athletic 2 geu wolves 1, Larry Walker field wasn't looking so good today, but it was OK. The referee kept the wolves in it disalowing 2 poco goals. GEU had some pressure for the last half of the first half but no real chances. Poco had a multitude of chances they we failed to capitalize on. Good game, probably entertaining to watch. Eagleride for us next week they have allowed 5 goals against us in our first meeting, and allowed 4 goals to the rest of the league. I'm sure they want to destroy us and we want to prove that we belong. Look for a great game in Poco next sunday.

hoodrat

Mar 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
t'was a good game indeed
as always guys i hade fun playing you. last night really made me sad that we are in the same group cause if we werent we both could be moving up into division1. i thought the game could of gone either way if it werent for the defence of both teams probably would have ended up 5-4. that and the great play by both keepers (how did jonny save that scramble) made this game a true battle of NDFC. titans now that you represent how bout a all NDFC cup final.
i guess there is no need for black sheep here anymore nice to see you back jive if only for one day

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
2c poco city athletic 2 geu wolves 1, Larry Walker field wasn't looking so good today, but it was OK. The referee kept the wolves in it disalowing 2 poco goals. GEU had some pressure for the last half of the first half but no real chances. Poco had a multitude of chances they we failed to capitalize on. Good game, probably entertaining to watch. Eagleride for us next week they have allowed 5 goals against us in our first meeting, and allowed 4 goals to the rest of the league. I'm sure they want to destroy us and we want to prove that we belong. Look for a great game in Poco next sunday.

What game were you playing....we dominated you all first half and you captilzied on two miss cues by our defense....Are you the homer who missed from the 6 yard line??? Hard faught match none the less. Two no goals :confused: They were both blowen dead before either where shot because of oppsides!

Good luck next week! Franchise gets denied this week :( I really thought the top corner shot was going in. I sure made your sweeper look foolish all game though....it was priceless when he asked for a sub because I was beating him everyone time. :D

Port Moody next week for us

Man the system we play wouldn't make anyone look good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0