Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2: Results and Banter Jan '05

Best record in Div 2, based on possible points from games played, by season's end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, you and the forum gotta take the Hurricane propaganda with a grain of salt. They just like to get reactions. I know which players they are talking about as they've all played with them in the past. 2 of the 3 are solid players and will be great for their depth, but are not likely to crack the starting lineup they currently have. One of them played last winter with them before leaving for school in January. The 3rd signing they are talking about from Bowling Greene would be an impact player. He played with them in the summer and he gave them size and skill up front, and really opened things up for their young guns. If they get him, that will be a key signing for the Provincials, but the other 2 would just provide the Canes with great depth.

On a side note, does anyone know on what basis the Provincial reps are being selected by the FVSL this year?

bulljive said:
another question keeper #1 they aren't even getting these players until the provincials, if they make it and they will probably all go back to school next year meaning they are really just bulking their team up for one tournament and perhaps the summer. but I am sure if we had the opportunity to sign the players we would too so everything I have said is useless

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been awhile but I hope everyone (yes even the Canes) had an enjoyable holiday.
I see that the Canes didn't make any New Years resolutions regarding all the nonsense
they keep shoveling on here but I don't think anyone expected that to happen but
Christmas time is the time of miracles so anything is possible!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chopper said:
Gee scoop you are alive, i thought you didn't make it out of the holidays. Good to see you around again.

Scoop's not the only one hiding...Soccer Mom, where are you? The 'canes are talking some trash again after a holidays hiatus, and no Soccer Mom in sight! What is this thread coming to?? :eek: For that matter, where are the Abby boys, and the Valley boys out of Golden Ears??? Where is everybody???? Apparently they're spending too much time playing their new Atari 2600 systems that they got from 'Santa' for Christmas :D

~Shaven

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when we will get the game times for the Feb 4th cup game weekends,
Ive got a wedding(funeral depending on your outlook) that weekend?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder how they are going to fill all these make up games. After this weekend we will have 4 and since all the make up games are played on cup weekends for the teams that are knocked out we will not get to play them. I say give us the title now and be done with it

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I wonder how they are going to fill all these make up games. After this weekend we will have 4 and since all the make up games are played on cup weekends for the teams that are knocked out we will not get to play them. I say give us the title now and be done with it

Any make-up games we all have, including your squad bulljive, will likely be played during the week, or on Friday nights, Saturday afternoons...I'm sure the FVSL brass will find times to play them, just don't be expecting to play them all at a comfortable time like 12:00 Sunday afternoon ;)

You're not getting the division crown that easily bulljive, but nice try...you'll actually have to play for it. I'm a bit disappointed that we don't get another crack at you, less we meet in the quarters or semis of cup play. I think you owe us three points after our last match :D .

One final note...Scoop, just look on the FVSL website under 'schedules', and the first round cup games are listed there, with times and fields.

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
[/QUOTE]I don't even know why you kid yourselfs we should have been up by 3 or 4 goals in the first half and the game would have been over. You guys got 1 shot on net all game. I agree we got outplayed a bit in the second half but if you want to talk about you guys should have won give me a break. You guys have a hard working squad but never got a sniff of victory against us. We played again I think we would win quite handily[QUOTE\]

bulljive, bulljive, bulljive...*sighs*...I may be forced to refer to you as 'bullshite' once again if this verbal crap continues to flow from your mouth...

...I would like to remind you of a post that Hoodrat put on this forum after our last match: "NDFC walked of the half wondering why it wasn't 4 nil yet.
45 min. later .....NDFC walked of at the full thankin whatever lord it is they pray to it was 1 nil in their favor."

Hmm...reads to me, and anyone else who can read the English language, that indeed we did get more that just a 'sniff of victory' against the mighty :rolleyes: NDFC...I'll also remind you that in our first match, won by you 4-0, you only had a 1-0 lead at halftime, and that was an evenly played half. In our second match, you got a garbage goal that you freely admitted to immediately following it going in, and...Outplayed a bit? Apparently at least one of you teammates felt that you were outplayed more than just a bit. If you need more refreshment of the sentiments following the match, I refer you to Balzhay's assesment of the match for further evidence. Sure, we didn't have the finish around the net at all, nor did many of our chances hit the net...but a few of the chances were quality, and those don't always have to fall on or within the woodwork to be quality chances, now do they my friend... ;)

One last collection of thoughts...NDFC hardly looked the dominant team you appear to think it is to me, just a solid squad who is capable of being beaten, as we should have done to you, and if memory serves me right the Royals have already done once. :eek: :D Don't talk shite if you can't back it up bulljive, the proof is in the postings. ;)

~Shaven

P.S. On a more positive note, are you serious about possibly not being able to field a full squad for a midweek game? I find that surprising.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is unfortunate that alot of games will be played midweek. I know thats what happedned last year but we never had to deal with it because we never missed a game last year. I think it could really effect the outcome of the league because Its going to be all about which players a team can get out for the game. I know we wll probably have quite alot of trouble getting all our players out.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Midweek games will be tough as I doubt any team will be able to field a full squad. We have a # of guys that work weekday evenings, but everyone will be in the same boat so I guess it should balance out. Hopefully this weeks turf games will be played. We are supposed to play on Cloverdale turf on Sat afternoon and the snow is pretty well gone from the turf and will be gone by Sat. I hope that game is allowed to go on.

Shaven, you won't find the Abby boys on here for a while. G-fence is leading some dance classes in the fine farm fields of Abby right now for his squad. They are preparing for an invasion of Cheers. Girls, look out!

bulljive said:
It is unfortunate that alot of games will be played midweek. I know thats what happedned last year but we never had to deal with it because we never missed a game last year. I think it could really effect the outcome of the league because Its going to be all about which players a team can get out for the game. I know we wll probably have quite alot of trouble getting all our players out.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apologies to bulljive, I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it...what a rookie error. :rolleyes: A thousand apologies my friend. Apparently I need some more coffee... :eek:

~Shaven

B

Blahzay

shaven said:
I refer you to Balzhay's assesment of the match for further evidence.
One last collection of thoughts...NDFC hardly looked the dominant team you appear to think it is to me, just a solid squad who is capable of being beaten, as we should have done to you, and if memory serves me right the Royals have already done once. :eek: :D Don't talk shite if you can't back it up bulljive, the proof is in the postings. ;)

Sorry shaven but any team that hasn't scored on us in 2 games shouldn't be yapping off. Chances are what creates goals, goals are what wins games, and I recall my keeper mentioning he didn't face a shot our whole 1-0 match....shite, I scored a goal called offside and rang 2 posts compared to your players zero shots that game, neverminding the rest of our chances. As for backing it up, check our stats then check your head.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ow from your mouth...

...I would like to remind you of a post that Hoodrat put on this forum after our last match: "NDFC walked of the half wondering why it wasn't 4 nil yet.
45 min. later .....NDFC walked of at the full thankin whatever lord it is they pray to it was 1 nil in their favor."

In our second match, you got a garbage goal that you freely admitted to immediately following it going in, and...Outplayed a bit? Apparently at least one of you teammates felt that you were outplayed more than just a bit. but a few of the chances were quality, and those don't always have to fall on or within the woodwork to be quality chances, now do they my friend... ;)

~Shaven

well here it comes...shaven here it is..a qualitly chance just so you know is one that involves a strike on goal with a save from a keeper..if the keeper can lie down in net and you keep blowing all your chances over and wide of the net these are not of good quality..perhaps they are good quality for your team but more skilled teams would find they were blown oppertunities...thats the difference between good teams and average...the real proof (so to speak) is in the wins and loss coloum of the website and us being on top with 2 games in hand sounds like backing it up to me..wouldnt you agree shaven????....anyone can be beaten thats a dumb statement but i swipe it aside seeing as it comes form you...wasnt a pretty goal at all but i recall many teams saying you scored ugly goals through the first half and you respond by "a goals a goal" so shut up about ugly goals cause you couldnt even score the ugly ones that day.......which kind of makes you look a little under the average line....and anyways why you gotta bring up old sh*t..who cares about that game was a month ago yet your still dreaming about what might have been...you lost twice to us doesnt matter the score nor how the goal went in..two losses for you at the boys hands and thats all that matters....make it to the semis and prove it to me..as i hope i still have my spot seeing how reo might join...out

ps...the little faces you always put in after every little sentence is a little fairy and preschool if you ask me....but what do i know...im just a winner......out

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of preschool, I haven't seen a run-on sentence that fricken big since my niece wrote her first short story.

A winner of what?

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven in regards to the cup game times, I was talking about round 2 on the weekend of Feb 4th-6th. There is no Knights Cup times or locations.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Speaking of preschool, I haven't seen a run-on sentence that fricken big since my niece wrote her first short story.

A winner of what?

a story that you were most likley not able to read because of your lack of intelligence....i dont care about my grammer or spelling and if you so worried about it but in a grammer and spelling check i blame you for my bad postings.... "A winner of what?" i take it youve never met me....im just a winner. plane and simple....but thanks for your info i was really worried what you thought..............

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see the NDFC brigade, or at least 3/4 of it, made it through the holidays with their ability to smell a pissing a country mile off intact.

Oh, dope, the sugar-plum faries dropped off a present for you at my house this Christmas just past.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

...hope you like it.

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
a story that you were most likley not able to read because of your lack of intelligence....
Holy personality transfer Batman!...It appears as though the spirits of Soccer Mom and 08star have taken over the body of dopeashell!!!!

At least now we know where they've been...

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0