Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's running the show here.... why do we have an ad on the post at the top of the page? Can't that go somewhere else... it's as annoying as Sid : )
I know it's a little early, but does anyone know how the seeding for Cup goes? I know last year they gave 6 teams bye's for the first round. How did they pick those bye's? Having a week off at that time in the season could prove huge when it comes to healing injuries and such.
THE BYE'S WENT TO THE TEAMS THAT WERE.....sorry for yelling... fcukin cap lock shite!! I believe the byes went to the top place teams in the groups at the time.

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for this week

LUFC Wolves Port Moody Lions Moody 1-0 - WOlves to continue with their strong play
SFC Bullets Whalley Strikers 3-0 - An overconfident Stallion scores 1 in a payback game of sorts :D
GEU Rams Poco City FC Utd 2-2 - Poco looks to be playing well and hopefully surprises the Rams
Coquitlam MF Ajax Aldergrove Utd 2-1 - Aldergrove not the side everyone thought they would be.
GEU Tigers Poco Royals Royals 1-0 - Tigers to pull out a solid win

My two cent predictions for Div 2B:

LUFC Wolves - POMO Lions - ???? No bulletin board fodder given;
Whalley Strikers - 2 SRY Bullets - 1 - a take no prisoners game;should be a hard fought game with Stall scoring the winner off his knee:D;
GEU Rams - 3 POCO City United - 1 - Rams at home and going well;
COQ MF Ajax - 3 Aldergrove - 1 - Late Sunday start in Coq makes the diff.;
POCO Royals - 2 GEU Tigers - 1 -Just a guess haven't played either yet.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion thanks for thinking Poco will score two on us. heres a little fact you didn't know. three of the four goals scored against us this year came from set plays. we haven't been scored on in open play until Aldergrove did it on Sunday with a make shift D. Two are injured and one has gone missing in action. I think he went back to England. so not only do we fill the net (when Franchise is there) we keep them out as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion thanks for thinking Poco will score two on us. heres a little fact you didn't know. three of the four goals scored against us this year came from set plays. we haven't been scored on in open play until Aldergrove did it on Sunday with a make shift D. Two are injured and one has gone missing in action. I think he went back to England. so not only do we fill the net (when Franchise is there) we keep them out as well.

It's more of a hope. I'm pretty sure you'll still be a point up on us after next week.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say it again your power rankings are so booooogggguuuussssss.

It's pretty obvious there are some shite teams in div. 2b.
So many teams are killing the shite teams so they get ranked higher then
a team that is in first place in a division with no shite teams

Re think your calculation process. Because the one you have now is shite.
My team has a tie and a loss when Bullets have two losses. What no points for ties.

That is shite......

WestCoast What? Oh yeah first place
6-0 if not for a bad ref and a game with no players.

The last two times we played the Bullets we smoked them 5-2 and 4-1
think that should give us a higher rank like at least third?

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preach WestCoast Preach...

haha let them have their power rankings, we don't the need the hype. We come to play every weekend. Thats all that matters...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

My team has a tie and a loss when Bullets have two losses. What no points for ties.

That is shite......

Your Div is shite and we would smash you:eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure every team can claim to be 6-0-0 if not for this, or that.

Fact is there is a reason they play the games. Win- early and often. Score early and often, and keep a few more out of your net, and your ranking will climb.
Oh yeah, and Westcoast: We played you in the pre season and beat you, with half our lineup there...does that mean we get ranked (by your train of thought) second in div 2, although we play in div 3 :) ?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

That is shite......

Your whole group is littered with weak teams;)

Caps, Titans, Whiterock, Nationals these are all bottom teams from last year

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast;225234 [FONT=Times New Roman said:
The last two times we played the Bullets we smoked them 5-2 and 4-1[/FONT]

Plus we beat the Bullets with 9 guys:(

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully you'll get to meet a 2B opponent in Cup play and when they smash you you'll see what we're talking about :D

Smash us?! Please buddy, we don't get smashed. We lose a 1 goal game here and there and thats only because we either can't finish or our goalie lets in a softy. We outchance most teams with our play. SO BEAT IT!

West Coast SC is a tough team to play against when we want to play. You guys can talk as much shite as you want but if you have ever have to play against us make sure you bring your best boots cuz you're going to need them.

On a side note That NOMADS tourny in pre-season was weak, you had horrible fields and offiicating. Surprised no one got hurt and sued your ass as I doubt you had any insurance...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector and Franco, you two finished blowing each other yet ? ?
You're the best!
You're are too chubby.
I love you!
I love you more!

WTF?!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector and Franco, you two finished blowing each other yet ? ?
You're the best!
You're are too chubby.
I love you!
I love you more!

WTF?!

It hurts not being on top doesn't it? I don't ever think I said we are the best, actually I said we would be .500.

Does the post remind you of the Celtic for past 2 seasons???

Get back to practice your team needs it;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The system, which has been debated ad naseum, is a simple math formula in an excel spreadsheet that bonefish made for the VMSL combined rankings.
It was a piss take.... get .. as on "take-the-piss"....

My rant was against my own team... we lost to the worst team ever to play any division of FVSL in any era.... WE LOST TO THEM, (which I guess makes us the worst. :rolleyes:)
I said they should be 29th, and us 30th... but that doesn't do it justice... we should be 32nd out of 30... we were awfull !!!!! Missing 3 very important players to the lineup, but that doesn't excuse the rest who played... they stunk! It was like watching the Canucks against Philly! ...and I paid to watch that!!! :mad:

Jay: We've only lost two games, and both by 1 goal, but we're god awful!

Last year (and arguallbly the year before as well) IMO 2C was the best of the 3 groups. There were 1 or 2 teams in the otyher groups that were up there, but we had 4 teams that would have topped the other groups (again IMO). however, as like 3 years ago, 2C is the worst.... and by a long shot this time...

I don't know how you adjust the rankings to reflect the groups, but giving 2C and clout what-so-ever is nuts.... Maybe rank the groups individually next time and see how it turns out... Hey... that way we would make it into the top 10 again :bronco:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It hurts not being on top doesn't it? I don't ever think I said we are the best, actually I said we would be .500.

Does the post remind you of the Celtic for past 2 seasons???

Get back to practice your team needs it;)

Hey skippy.... it wasn't about your team.... you two need to try and hide your "personal tendencies" for one another better. Or visit one of those romance forums...

What does practice mean?!?! We average about 4 people once a week to drink in a parkinglot for a few hours... can't go to the bar cuz our average age dropped from 35 to 17 ...

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise I seem to recall WRU taking 4 out of 6pts against the Rams last season...not bad for a bottom team against one of the 'best'...

pedro_sanchez

Sep 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

think that should give us a higher rank like at least third?[/QUOTE]

We should be 6-0 too...if we didn't lose 2 games:rolleyes:
You beat us in Div.3 last year & the Nomads Summer Tourny(speaking of no players)....how the hell would that improve your Div.2 Winter leauge power rankings?:confused:
Just keep winning games and you'll move on up

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note That NOMADS tourny in pre-season was weak, you had horrible fields and offiicating. Surprised no one got hurt and sued your ass as I doubt you had any insurance...
We had the only Grass available for that weekend, nobody else really complained too loudly.
We had allsport insure us
We are going to have BCSA sanction the tourney next year to see about the ref issue. Everyone had the same REFS Jay#7 you wanker. Excuses excuses. You guys only got in because the GEU Rams folded out because Kevin Hector went back east and nobody from his team could get the guys together in time. I called Galbraith up and he put me in touch with Duffy.
It was a cheap fun tourney, and you are the only one I have heard gripe about anything...Why?
Sour Grapes. You got beat pure and simple. Want a little chees to cleanse the pallet?

You should also not smacktalk Matty, your keeper. he is a great guy that I have known for a long time...
Say hi to Duffy for me, he is a class act, while You are a whiny little wankstain.

If you want to talk about referee fiasco, the semi between us and ACBC was abandoned, and we figured it out like grown men, instead of hurtling terrible words and comments at the refs from your sideline, and from the two chicks that were clearly Whalley Crack Ho's sitting there screaming obscenities at the ref. You guys brought the ire of the refs on yourselves that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0