Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 3 ugly ones - Ajax - 2 beauties

Here's my thoughts on the game. Pretty much whole first half played in the Ajax end, with some good counter attacks by Ajax. We miss 3 breakways from great build ups, but manage to get two ugly goals to end the half 2-0. Second half Ajax come out flying, are all over us with a couple missed chances. We settle down and it turns into a back and forth game. First goal by Ajax a beautiful volley, second a great free kick. Don't think the keeper could save it though, he was on the other side of the net. Now it's 2-2 and we start to feel Rams felt last week :D The last 20 min spent in the Ajax end with chances everywhere but their sweeper making a ton of great plays. Breakaway headed for goal cleared off the line was heartbreaking (at the time). After what seemed like 4 corners in a row, ball gets brought down in the box, passed back out to our D-man, low shot is deflected by our monster centre back (easiest way to describe him) into the opposite corner. We definitely deserved the win, but full credit to Ajax for coming back and making a game of it.

PS - Your sweeper has to be the fastest guy in D2, we have some fast guys that most teams can keep up with, but your guy was catching them, or beating them to balls. Very impressive.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, spot on with your commentary, although you felt you deserved to win, we felt we DID NOT deserve to lose. Our sweep had a monster of a game. It was him that broke up a play at our 18, took the ball down the right side leaving 4 or 5 of your guys behind, took it to the corner flag, fought off two defenders and made the cross for that volley for the goal. It would be interesting to see a 100 yard dash with each teams fastest guy for bragging rights. As for the winning goal, I couldn't tell who it deflected off, there were so many bodies inside our six yard box it was tough to tell. Should be a great last game of the year if you guys are still fighting for first.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, spot on with your commentary, although you felt you deserved to win, we felt we DID NOT deserve to lose. Our sweep had a monster of a game. It was him that broke up a play at our 18, took the ball down the right side leaving 4 or 5 of your guys behind, took it to the corner flag, fought off two defenders and made the cross for that volley for the goal. It would be interesting to see a 100 yard dash with each teams fastest guy for bragging rights. As for the winning goal, I couldn't tell who it deflected off, there were so many bodies inside our six yard box it was tough to tell. Should be a great last game of the year if you guys are still fighting for first.

Yeah, coast to coast, it was an insane play. I don't think we'd need to do the dash, your sweeps was easily the fastest guy on the pitch. Hopefully we'll still be fighting for first, it will still be a great game regardless though, as you'll want some revenge :)

formerglory

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'd say I'm surprised except I predicted we'd be at the top at the start of the season. I'm honestly surprised at how the PoMo Lions are doing, as well as how horrible Abby Storm are.

Sorry to take this back a few days, but I just caught up. I wouldn't be at all surprised that Abbotsford isn't fairing as well as they did last year. They are not the same team by any means. Lost a lot of players (good and bad) and the team was diluted by adding another Div 3 team. Really disappointing to see as they were a strong squad, but these things happen.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to take this back a few days, but I just caught up. I wouldn't be at all surprised that Abbotsford isn't fairing as well as they did last year. They are not the same team by any means. Lost a lot of players (good and bad) and the team was diluted by adding another Div 3 team. Really disappointing to see as they were a strong squad, but these things happen.

Yeah, I had heard that after from Storm8, or whatever he's calling himself these days as he's with Langley now. It is too bad, we had some good matches against you/them.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
tie 2-2.
2-1 us till they score a lucky goal off the head of a guy not even paying
attention.

It's a good thing we have suspended players and major injuries or we would be running away with the league.

keeps things close. But PA selects up by 3 points now.

When we get anything close to our full squad back watch out.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"It's a good thing we have suspended players and major injuries or we would be running away with the league." - WestCoast

Well your suspended players weren't suspended until last week and you weren't running away with the division then. As for major injuries, almost every team has that excuse. We are missing our starting keeper, and three midfielders to injury.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"It's a good thing we have suspended players and major injuries or we would be running away with the league." - WestCoast

Well your suspended players weren't suspended until last week and you weren't running away with the division then. As for major injuries, almost every team has that excuse. We are missing our starting keeper, and three midfielders to injury.

is that why we beat you???
we've had suspensions all season. and always top players.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe your players should stop getting suspended. The rematch will be fun, we did not have a good game first time out. Besides, one victory over us by the incredible score of 1 - 0 means nothing, you are behind us in the standings. Maybe you should use your youth advantage to capitalize on old teams like the clones, instead of fighting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0