Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, it appears I've missed a bit in the past few days...let's see if I can put in my two cents...

To all the Whalley 'Whitecaps' Strikers, Stal et al: #12 was the best player on the pitch when we played you, period. Just because he didn't score doesn't make him 'not as good as advertised' or 'not that great'...if I recall correctly, and I do because I was there, he had at least two chances at goal that just missed going in, and they were shots only he could manufacture as there's no one else on the pitch with near the skill he has. To boot, after one of them your striker standing near me turned to me, whistled under his breath and just shook his head at how good the strike was. So, enough about him, as he's hand's-down the best striker in our table, and far superior to anything you can field. If he had the opportunities some of your players had (and he didn't, with full credit to your D for marking him well) he would have had 3 or 4 goals, and the game would have been over at half with you lot crying in your water bottles about how good he is. Your players missed because they're not skilled enough to pot those chances 95% of the time...he is. Deal with it. True, we had less shots than you did...but we had more quality chances that we didn't bury. Your keep made as many quality saves as ours did...and the ones we missed we missed because of deflections, and just a lack of concentration. Yours were missed because you flat out missed the net...often. By the way, only two went just by the post...I know, because I was near those posts. The others..."High, wide...and not at all handsome..."

Further to you all, the fact remains that we are ahead of you by one point because we haven't lost a game and you have. Until that changes, we're better than you are and we are in first place. You want first place, then don't lose. No one wants to hear about your injuries, or missing players, or whatever other excuse you can trot out. Also, don't make excuses for other teams when they get crushed by the Rams, or yourselves, or another solid squad. The Rams have had personnel issues so far this season like everyone else, and managed to win a game with 9 players due to two red cards being thrown. You do that, and then come talk all you like about injury issues. The fact is we've been better than you so far, and our tie was a fitting result to a well-played match between two well-matched squads.

On to Moody at home tomorrow...looking forward to finishing out the first half with three points, and first place in 2B.

~Shaven

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have won a game with 9 players due to red cards
and i agree neither team finished the chances they should have
but i wouldn't say you guys had more quality chances as i was there too.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wouldnt say #12 was the best player on the pitch
i didnt even notice him in the first half i would agree tho the reason you guys
had pressure on was because of him

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Of course you wouldn't...you're a rookie, what do you know? ;) Some of your own teammates were impressed by his skill...perhaps when you're a veteran like some of us you'll appreciate such talent...good luck tomorrow against Ajax, they work hard so you'll need to bring all you've got rookie...

~Shaven

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha im only a rookie on this team i've been playing for 16 years
r they an older team as well ??
what you think the final will be all mighty veteran haha
and yea i was impressed by him the second half and would say he was the best in the second half. but the first i didn't even notice him playing..

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i didnt even notice him in the first half i would agree tho the reason you guys
had pressure on was because of him

haha im only a rookie on this team i've been playing for 16 years
r they an older team as well ??
what you think the final will be all mighty veteran haha
and yea i was impressed by him the second half and would say he was the best in the second half. but the first i didn't even notice him playing..

Thanks for posting the same thing twice, it was very educational the first time.

Older team, are you counting our team as older??? everyone besides Hector, Shaven and Vicious and Delicious (mind you they are ancient) are in there early 20's.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
no there only like three younger teams us, the rams, the wolves..
so im just wondering if they were an older team as well

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game result tonight @ Willoughby Turf in LGY;
LUFC Wolves - 5 GEU Tigers - 0.
Not a very well played game. Wolves could have been in double digits with a bit better finishing. Tigers had a great shot off the crossbar in about the 70 min. mark but not much else happened for them on this night. Good old rainstorm and a strong wind added to the decor.
Now back to playing and avenging some results from the first time thru the schedule. Surrey Bullets in Cloverdale and then the Mighty Superior Rams in Langley are the next two games for us. We need to help out our friends from Whalley when we play the Rams. It should be very interesting.;):wa:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further to you all, the fact remains that we are ahead of you by one point because we haven't lost a game and you have. Until that changes, we're better than you are and we are in first place. You want first place, then don't lose. No one wants to hear about your injuries, or missing players, or whatever other excuse you can trot out. Also, don't make excuses for other teams when they get crushed by the Rams, or yourselves, or another solid squad. The Rams have had personnel issues so far this season like everyone else, and managed to win a game with 9 players due to two red cards being thrown. You do that, and then come talk all you like about injury issues. The fact is we've been better than you so far, and our tie was a fitting result to a well-played match between two well-matched squads.

~Shaven

I don't remember making excuses about anything :confused: Which is very unlike me ;) I realize every team has injured starters and guys missing game for work so the teams at the top (meaning top 3 ;)) are probably the teams with the most depth as they can handle missing starters. It's clear that both the Rams and us are capable of putting up results while missing guys. I just hope for the 2nd leg everybody will be there for both teams. Good luck this weekend (I mean it, I would like our game to be for the league)

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know some of the results tonight? The Fraser Valley Soccer website is down. Peace Arch Selects beat North Delta Titans 2 - 0.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha im only a rookie on this team i've been playing for 16 years...what you think the final will be all mighty veteran haha

16 years, eh? Most impressive...though in my books 16 years means you may just be out of U-21, so you're still very much a rookie ;)

The final in your match against Ajax... 2 - 2 :eek:

~Shaven

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
16 years, eh? Most impressive...though in my books 16 years means you may just be out of U-21, so you're still very much a rookie ;)

The final in your match against Ajax... 2 - 2 :eek:

~Shaven

We actually took him from U-21 Peg I believe.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea thats right stallion except i was going to play for the div one team
wow i called that one the royals over the bullets 2-1

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rams 4 Moody 1...Phew!!

Moody gave us a good game today, so full credit to them. Their lone marker came off a corner, with a beauty header put clear past our keeper. They didn't mount much beyond 25 yards out, however, and that was the difference today. Moved the ball well from D-line to mid, but didn't really threaten much with their strikers. We never trailed in this one, and went ahead in the second half on an obvious PK call when their left back played the ball off cross with this hand. Rams never looked back from there, and were the much better squad of the two in the second half, following a pretty even first. Half-way point in the season, and the Rams will sit firmly in first no matter what Whalley does against Ajax tonight.

Side note on the officiating today...Poor overall, to put it bluntly. Young ref, and to be honest I don't believe I've seen him before. Let a lot of fair contact go, which was nice for a change to be fair, and after watching his performance in the Div. 1 match before ours I must say he is at least consistent from game to game as he called ours much the same way he did that match. That is to say somewhat poorly. Missed calls, too lenient at times and threw a couple of undeservedly harsh yellows. Overall, an unevenly-called game. Hope he learns a bit over time and becomes a bit more consistent with his decisions within a match one way or another. He's not terrible by any stretch, just somewhat difficult to read.

Oh, right...one last note for the Whalley boys...you're right, #12 must really not be all that good. He was all over the pitch today, and tallied twice bringing his total to at least 13 in 9 games. Oh, if only he was as good as advertised, he might help the Rams be undefeated thus far...oh what could be!...:rolleyes:

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0