Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's November first and almost all games have been played, quite the contrast from last year. After the first 2 months, anyone have any team that has surprised them by how good/crappy they are? Let's hope the games continue.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The surprise has to be the Wolves, a fourth place U-21 team moving up to Div.2 and doing very well. Stallion, what colour jerseys are you guys wearing Sunday night?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think the GEU Titans would have so much trouble scoring goals. I didn't think the Pumas would be as good as they are. They're really good this year. I thought the Royals, Lions and United would be better. I didn't think we would be as good as we are. it's been awesome at training everyone gets along and we're all having fun playing each week.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The surprise has to be the Wolves, a fourth place U-21 team moving up to Div.2 and doing very well. Stallion, what colour jerseys are you guys wearing Sunday night?

Red, unless you guys play well against red teams, then we'll be white :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also thought PAU wouldn't be as good,as talking to their coach before the season started he had mentioned how the young lads that got them there had went and formed their own team. Good to see them pull through and be on top (so far).

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also thought PAU wouldn't be as good,as talking to their coach before the season started he had mentioned how the young lads that got them there had went and formed their own team. Good to see them pull through and be on top (so far).

I'd have to say there was only one guy from the group that left that really brought anything to the team. and he still wasn't the top scorer - that guy is still with us. i think our right winger who joined the PA master's team was a bigger loss than the other 5 guys as a whole. he was a big playmaker and excellent at setting up our forwards with juicy crosses into the box. we've picked up a bunch of young guys and one, especially, is filling in the hole created by the youth exodus quite well.

i think what has surprised our team, is how poorly we're doing in the scoring department - from 69 goals by end of season to 14 in 8 games. Big downturn in production. and that's with 4 last game!!! Our defence is pretty solid, but we need to get our chances in the net - for some reason, our strikers keep hitting the goalies in the chest:eek:!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to say there was only one guy from the group that left that really brought anything to the team. and he still wasn't the top scorer - that guy is still with us. i think our right winger who joined the PA master's team was a bigger loss than the other 5 guys as a whole. he was a big playmaker and excellent at setting up our forwards with juicy crosses into the box. we've picked up a bunch of young guys and one, especially, is filling in the hole created by the youth exodus quite well.

i think what has surprised our team, is how poorly we're doing in the scoring department - from 69 goals by end of season to 14 in 8 games. Big downturn in production. and that's with 4 last game!!! Our defence is pretty solid, but we need to get our chances in the net - for some reason, our strikers keep hitting the goalies in the chest:eek:!

Blame it on Allan, it's always his fault :) We're quite the opposite, we struggled to score against everyone last year, we're almost halfway through the season and we're like 10 goals away. Weird.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'd say I'm surprised except I predicted we'd be at the top at the start of the season. I'm honestly surprised...

You should be honestly surprised, because as of you writing this you're not at the top. Now, if you had written 'near the top' instead of 'at the top,' you would have surprised no one, including yourself... ;)

~Shaven

P.S. Wear white on Sunday...likely coordinates better with your sweeper's mittens. :eek:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stal...please, for your own sake and the rest of our sake's...don't ever use the word 'like' in any more posts. I want to respect you...really I do...;)

~Shaven

I will try, it's just so hard, I grew up with it you know. And as far as the mittens go, balck and red go better together :) As much as I harass him about them I don't think he'll ever not wear them.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should be honestly surprised, because as of you writing this you're not at the top. Now, if you had written 'near the top' instead of 'at the top,' you would have surprised no one, including yourself... ;)

~Shaven

P.S. Wear white on Sunday...likely coordinates better with your sweeper's mittens. :eek:

And I meant near the top (as in top 3) ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
so what are your predictions for this weekends games ??

First off, welcome to TTP and who might you play for? Second off, here's my predictions:

LUFC Wolves GEU Tigers
SFC Bullets Poco Royals
GEU Rams Port Moody Lions
Coquitlam MF Ajax Whalley Strikers
Aldergrove Utd Poco City FC Utd

I think we'll have everything sorted out this weekend, looking forward to a good tilt against the Ajax and getting back to our winning ways.

scottish_kiss

Aug 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Wolves GEU Tigers
SFC Bullets Poco Royals
GEU Rams Port Moody Lions-Tie
Coquitlam MF Ajax Whalley Strikers
Aldergrove Utd Poco City FC Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online