Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results January 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu Rams may get a game in this weekend against another bye team the Chilliwack United (I think). We need to get a game in as a team since we only had 7 of our own guys there last week.

B

bearcat

*sighs* Bearcat, I hear that there were a couple of ugly goals against the Titans? Their top striker guy, can't remember the number, decided to watch our game today and I had a quick chat with him before we played.

haha, the losing team always loses by a couple of ugly goals.....i'll admit that the first one was terrible. Our guy crossed it in and their own defender put it in trying to stop it from coming across. the other two were great goals though. a top corner blast from 25 yards and a great header off a corner kick. anyway, all things aside...we won and that's what counts.

(by the way, it would have been a totally different game had I been in there, but i'm out for 4 weeks due to a badly sprained ankle....worst timing ever!)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
even with mission playing their games i don't think they'll catch up to us that easily, (coyotes B)...you guys say 2b has only good teams but i think our division is pretty talented as well. sure your guys' tables our close near the top but i'm pretty sure ours would be just as close if everyone had played as much as games as the teams in 2b

You can't really tell though until teams cross over and play each other, I've seen some other teams play and was not impressed at all, but until you're on the field you really don't know. We'll find out this weekend with Langley and Westcoast going toe-to-toe.

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want to play against the Magpies every game. Not just because we've beaten them two weeks in a row, but because we actually seem to come out to play against them. And they're not overly dirty. Or annoying. :) 2-0 for the resurgent Pumas. :)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIv 2b Matches and Predictions of the week

Port Moody Lions LUFC Wolves Wolves 5-0 Richy9 missing 6 shots :D
Whalley Strikers SFC Bullets Tie 2-2
Poco City FC Utd GEU Rams ???
Aldergrove Utd Coquitlam MF Ajax 1-0 Ajax
Poco Royals GEU Tigers 2-0 Royals

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIv 2b Matches and Predictions of the week

Port Moody Lions LUFC Wolves Wolves 5-0 Richy9 missing 6 shots :D
Whalley Strikers SFC Bullets Tie 2-2
Poco City FC Utd GEU Rams ???
Aldergrove Utd Coquitlam MF Ajax 1-0 Ajax
Poco Royals GEU Tigers 2-0 Royals

Only 6, Wow you give me too much credit :cool:

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Lions LUFC Wolves Wolves 4-0 Richy9 missing 6 shots, But getting at least 2 to make up for missing a f'in PK.
Whalley Strikers SFC Bullets Tie 3-2
Poco City FC Utd GEU Rams 5-0 Since i take it you will have your team back.
Aldergrove Utd Coquitlam MF Ajax 3-0
Poco Royals GEU Tigers 2-2

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Lions LUFC Wolves Wolves 4-0 Richy9 missing 6 shots, But getting at least 2 to make up for missing a f'in PK.
Poco City FC Utd GEU Rams 5-0 Since i take it you will have your team back.Aldergrove Utd Coquitlam MF Ajax 3-0
Poco Royals GEU Tigers 2-2

Still missing about 4 starters....could be interesting:eek:

B

bearcat

Question for the group...Let's say hypothetically that there is a playoff game and that the home teams field is covered in snow. This is not known by the away team and they drive 40 minutes to the field. The home team fails to call the away team or the league. To make it worse, the home team doesn't even show up. Even he ref showed up because the league sent him, which means they didn't know. The away team wastes a half the day for no reason. Here's my question....

Is this a forfeit or does it get rescheduled?

Also, keep in mind that if the home team's field is closed, you are supposed to play at the other team's field if it is open (which is was in this case).

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is soccer, we dont have playoffs. So I dunno how to answer your hypothetical question.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for the group...Let's say hypothetically that there is a playoff game and that the home teams field is covered in snow. This is not known by the away team and they drive 40 minutes to the field. The home team fails to call the away team or the league. To make it worse, the home team doesn't even show up. Even he ref showed up because the league sent him, which means they didn't know. The away team wastes a half the day for no reason. Here's my question....

Is this a forfeit or does it get rescheduled?

Also, keep in mind that if the home team's field is closed, you are supposed to play at the other team's field if it is open (which is was in this case).

A Couple of things.

Whether or not the home team notifed the league is a huge issue. If they notified the league, but not the away team then they are on the hook for $100 travelling expenses. The forfeit would be relevant if they did not notify the league, field playable or not, they didn't show up for their match. The fact that the official showed up means nothing. There is a pretty long chain of command that the "game cancelled" notice travels through. Team notifies Laurel, Laurel notifies Martin, Martin contacts official. It is easy for a message not to get through. It happened to us a few weeks back, we Did NOT cancel the game but the referee got a notice that we had (or looked outside and saw snow) and didn't show. Thankfully Mr. Peter Thomas was close by and swung on over to do the match.

Minimum they are on the hook for a fine, but I would suggest they deserve to lose the game if all things you have referenced are correct.

Regarding "supposed to play at other teams field if open" this is rarely forced upon teams. It has to be more than 24 hours notice and typically is something that is done well in advance for reasons other than weather. (IE: We find out that we don't have our home field this weekend because of a scheduling issue, the league can make us play at the other teams venue). Of course if both teams agree, the game can be moved with little notice due to field closures or availability.

Anyhow thats IMO.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you suppose we have a 3-2 tie?

Port Moody Lions Vs LUFC Wolves Wolves - All hope in this one as we need some help.
Whalley Strikers Vs SFC Bullets 3-1 - Our finish is lacking but our D is still strong
Poco City FC Utd Vs GEU Rams 3-0 - Rams still a top team and will be tough to beat.
Aldergrove Utd Vs Coquitlam MF Ajax 1-0, game will be closer than we think
Poco Royals Vs GEU Tigers 2-1, Royals finishing up the season strong

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you suppose we have a 3-2 tie?

Port Moody Lions Vs LUFC Wolves Wolves - All hope in this one as we need some help.
Whalley Strikers Vs SFC Bullets 3-1 - Our finish is lacking but our D is still strong
Poco City FC Utd Vs GEU Rams 3-0 - Rams still a top team and will be tough to beat.
Aldergrove Utd Vs Coquitlam MF Ajax 1-0, game will be closer than we think
Poco Royals Vs GEU Tigers 2-1, Royals finishing up the season strong

Haha i was to lazy to write it out so i copied franchise and forgot to change that.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha i was to lazy to write it out so i copied franchise and forgot to change that.

Same laziness that should have cost you the game against us and did cost you guys your cup chance? Better get rid of it or it could cost you your league chance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0