Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results January 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bearcat

is league (laurel) in charge of contacting us when a game is cancelled or is the other team?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
is league (laurel) in charge of contacting us when a game is cancelled or is the other team?

One would hope the team would CC you on their email to Laurel. I assume it's the league's job to tell you but Laurel was probably totally swamped Saturday morning, I dont want to tell you how many times JBN called her...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is the job of your manager to contact your opponents manager and figure out if the field is playable. Last weekend i had to go to our field and check if the field was playable then I contacted the other teams manager and then phoned the league.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is the job of your manager to contact your opponents manager and figure out if the field is playable. Last weekend i had to go to our field and check if the field was playable then I contacted the other teams manager and then phoned the league.

I thought so too, but I'm scrolling through the league constitution and all I can see reference to is "Failure to properly notify League of unplayable field $ 100 ($50 traveling fee for opponents plus $50 referee fee; an extra $50 if a Premier game)" Nothing about other manager...

*shrug*

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same laziness that should have cost you the game against us and did cost you guys your cup chance? Better get rid of it or it could cost you your league chance as well.

I don't think its laziness that cost us those things(or should have), its been are inability to work as a team as of late. Also I have noticed our touch hasn't been as good. Hopefully it was just one of those slumps thats over by this weekend. I would love to pull out a good win this weekend and if we play our game that should be no problem, plus its my birthday this game day so a win would be a pretty good present. :D

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think its laziness that cost us those things(or should have), its been are inability to work as a team as of late. Also I have noticed our touch hasn't been as good. Hopefully it was just one of those slumps thats over by this weekend. I would love to pull out a good win this weekend and if we play our game that should be no problem, plus its my birthday this game day so a win would be a pretty good present. :D

Your team needs to calm down....they started yelling at eachother and getting on everyone....i remember they tore into you when u went up the wing and didnt pass and lost the ball...lol.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Bullets vs Whalley is postponed.
Stallion, please pass on the word to your guys.
Thanks

Yeah, just heard, apparently we've had our field changed on us 3 times since Monday. Can't wait to be out of Whalley, as our training time has also been cut so they can play U-12 make up games.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your team needs to calm down....they started yelling at eachother and getting on everyone....i remember they tore into you when u went up the wing and didnt pass and lost the ball...lol.

Haha, Not really we don't really get on each other. And I did make it around 2 people then had a miscommunication with my teammate and then lost the ball :rolleyes:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha, Not really we don't really get on each other. And I did make it around 2 people then had a miscommunication with my teammate and then lost the ball :rolleyes:

you can be my hero baby you can be my hero!!!!
got an issue??? here's a tissue!!

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie Tonight between Westcoast and WRU 1-1....we played like shite the first half...white rock came to play. We were lucky to get out of the first half with a 1-0 lead...2nd half white rock kept pressuring and eventually score off a cross....a header cross..then another guy came in and headed it into an open net. But we Pretty much controlled the majority of the 2nd half. But Like i said white rock came to play and came to win. good game guys

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie Tonight between Westcoast and WRU 1-1....we played like shite the first half...white rock came to play. We were lucky to get out of the first half with a 1-0 lead...2nd half white rock kept pressuring and eventually score off a cross....a header cross..then another guy came in and headed it into an open net. But we Pretty much controlled the majority of the 2nd half. But Like i said white rock came to play and came to win. good game guys

Looks like Peace Arch is back in first, sort of. We were crushing the Clones, dominating possession like we haven't done all season, yet only up 1 - 0 at the half when the game was called due to dangerous conditions. The field was a bit icy so who knows what happens with the result.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Peace Arch is back in first, sort of. We were crushing the Clones, dominating possession like we haven't done all season, yet only up 1 - 0 at the half when the game was called due to dangerous conditions. The field was a bit icy so who knows what happens with the result.

Division 2a has to be one of the closest divisions in this leagues history.
there are 8 out of the 10 teams that still has a chance at taking the league. That wouldn't be right for PA to take the win when it only went to half. The rest of the game should get played. We were up 1-0 at half and WRU scored to tie it in the second half. I think there would be more then one team protesting that decision. We will all have to wait and see. Clones, WRU and WestCoast will be very pissed off. you dominating a first half shouldn't give you the win, soccer games are 90 mins not 45 mins. If you take it after another 45 mins, then you earned the win.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
holy
SFC Pegasus Rangers 14 - 1 Bradner Blues

NO mercy lol, that should boast up there GF

Not exactly the div 3 thread, but. SFC Pegasus folded so we're inclined to believe they merged their team with Peg Rangers.Clearly to make not a half bad team. Oh well we got our two games in and they got more than half the season before they folded. I wonder if Rangers picked up the soccer player formerly known as Prince in center mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0