Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

My only disappointment / beef is that there was an opportunity to reduce the number of teams. We should be a 20 team div. just for numbers sake.

Sikh United should be relegated. There should be only one PAU.

18 teams and a stronger division would have been fine.

Now, Franchise...I know we met the other day, and I know we're BFF now, but you must be Non Compus Mentus to think:

3) Surrey Rangers

4) Geu Knights

You can bank on the Rangers being 4th or 5th at best. Simply, they are old, out of shape, and not actually the Rangers. The Rangers play Masters. But, they throw one hell of a bar-b-q.

Geu: you think a bunch of guys who are good at losing at the Premier level will help these guys out? A loser is still a loser.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

My only disappointment / beef is that there was an opportunity to reduce the number of teams. We should be a 20 team div. just for numbers sake.

Sikh United should be relegated. There should be only one PAU.

18 teams and a stronger division would have been fine.

Now, Franchise...I know we met the other day, and I know we're BFF now, but you must be Non Compus Mentus to think:

3) Surrey Rangers

4) Geu Knights

You can bank on the Rangers being 4th or 5th at best. Simply, they are old, out of shape, and not actually the Rangers. The Rangers play Masters. But, they throw one hell of a bar-b-q.

Geu: you think a bunch of guys who are good at losing at the Premier level will help these guys out? A loser is still a loser.

Well they beat the Gunners last year and have added guys so yes 4th would be a dissappointment they should finish top 3....sorry:(

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

1) Gunners
2) North Delta Dopeashell
3) Surrey Rangers
4) Geu Knights

LUFC Athletics might be up there, looks like they trimmed some fat and are less aged. But then again I have predicted that before and was wrong.

Geu Knights? I know they are expecting a boost from their former Premier guys but in my experience players moving down to D1 from Premier by choice are usually one or all of the following:

A: Old and unfit
B: Not very inspired to play hard, after all its just "D1" to them.
C: Making a pre-emptive strike on getting cut anyhow because of item A.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, they actually didn't beat us. We beat them, and deserved to. Ask Zaurinni. Gunners are simply the best team over the past few years at bottling opportunities.

But, just saying, as someone who plays in the league, and has played them, and kinda knows stuff, I don't see it hapenning. Good group of lads for sure, but...we're all getting old.

Our squad has some nice additions. That stated, we're looking at the first match, and that's it. Long season, especially w/ only one shot at each opponent.

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Till it starts to get cold & rainy?

WTF - The sercret is out!!! LOL

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, they actually didn't beat us. We beat them, and deserved to. Ask Zaurinni. Gunners are simply the best team over the past few years at bottling opportunities.

But, just saying, as someone who plays in the league, and has played them, and kinda knows stuff, I don't see it hapenning. Good group of lads for sure, but...we're all getting old.

Our squad has some nice additions. That stated, we're looking at the first match, and that's it. Long season, especially w/ only one shot at each opponent.

Just curious Dude, what stuff do you kinda know?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That you guys aren't enthusiastic about your training these days.

But, who am I kidding, and who are you kidding. In a 20 team division, both of our squads would have to had made significant improvements to break through the top 4. Ours depends largely on the abilities of some good, young players we've brought in. Yours depends on the abilities of most of your players to push away from the dinner table.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

lol at this post
not once did pau say that they desevered the spot it was your team saying they werant going to take the spot then changing there minds and deciding to play.
but now there will be the two teams the united and selects

not sure when we said we weren't going to take the spot... we had a team meeting after last game clinched div 2 for us (at a bar of course) and we decided that old or not, we were going to try div 1... that was, what, in March?

and there is a lot of crap going on behind the scenes in the club....

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

IMO - I think it would of been better to have a Div 1a & Div 1b group.

Two divisions of 10 each teams both get to play Home & Away.

A group the 10 stong and B group not so strong.

I feel playing home and away twice brings more character to the game and gives you a chance to get back @ the wankers!!!

Your thoughts?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why would you have one side stronger than the other?

My other thought is your club- Sikh United- have completely bottled their opportunity to play w/ other adults, and should kind of just go away.

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

DUDE! There you go again ASSUMING!!! lol

FFS man I am not with Sikh Utd.

I really don't give a Rat's (_)0(_) what your thoughts are on Sikh Utd. You can tell em yourself m8 when you meet em.

Good hunting...lol

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well they beat the Gunners last year and have added guys so yes 4th would be a dissappointment they should finish top 3....sorry:(

We guaranteed a Win over the Gunners.

Final game for them, the win they get promoted.

Dude, for someone with great hair, you really know very little about us Rangers.
Your Masters Rangers, played in a broken down FVSL Div 1 and had things wrapped up by December.
I think, in general, the entire FVSL has become more competitive.

We have added three quality players, and look to run the table.

That is smack we can back up, much as we did when I guaranteed the win against the Gunners.

Eat Crow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You really have an inferiority complex you need to get over.

Face it...as the younger group, you guys just don't measure up. Maybe in goalkeeping only, but that's it. To run the table, you need goal production. You may let in 5 goals over your first 10 matches, but I see 5 scoreless ties in that bunch. SW will again have the best keeper numbers in the division, but production will be lost on the black hole known as your offense.

Zaurinni...come now...I know all.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Face it...as the younger group, you guys just don't measure up. Maybe in goalkeeping only, but that's it. To run the table, you need goal production. You may let in 5 goals over your first 10 matches, but I see 5 scoreless ties in that bunch. SW will again have the best keeper numbers in the division, but production will be lost on the black hole known as your offense.

Dude, I can't say I'm not optimistic about our offensive possiblities this year after the players we have signed. Let's just say that our big weakness from last year ( re: center of the pitch )has been taken care of.
Look out for the Rangers ( but not actually the Rangers because they play Masters:mad: ) if we can actually get more than a goal per game, which I am predicting.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude, I can't say I'm not optimistic about our offensive possiblities this year after the players we have signed. Let's just say that our big weakness from last year ( re: center of the pitch )has been taken care of.
Look out for the Rangers ( but not actually the Rangers because they play Masters:mad: ) if we can actually get more than a goal per game, which I am predicting.

As of right now, you'll get plenty against us, unless we can get a goalie :(

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I must say, I really enjoy your banter....despite being out in left field.
Which is probably your position.

How did you get to know all again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0