Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Our problem last year was we lost against a few mid table teams - not showing up with enough bodies mostly due to family and work commitments.

JTL

What? All I heard was something about losing.. the rest was the same excuse we could all throw out there.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

You thought the Gunners were fast. We destroyed them. It was like men against boys. Our problem last year was we lost against a few mid table teams - not showing up with enough bodies mostly due to family and work commitments.

JTL

That and you guys are shite on turf...but I still think you guys will finish top 3.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

You guys are right. We'll struggle for bodies all year, are slow, shite on turf, out of shape, way too old, no skill, can't score goals (only 50) last year. We'll be lucky not to get relegated - oh except nobody does get relegated.

JTL

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL and Zaurrini are still pumping their fists from their wins over the gunners. U gonna guarantee another win this year Z???

Nobody has mentioned Poco as a strong team in Div 1. I thought they were one of the best teams we played last year. They ripped it up near the end of the year .. I think.

I'd give them a top 5 finish for sure this year.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

You guys are right. We'll struggle for bodies all year, are slow, shite on turf, out of shape, way too old, no skill, can't score goals (only 50) last year. We'll be lucky not to get relegated - oh except nobody does get relegated.

JTL
UNITED for relegation and by the way a guaranteed win for the NEW Dominion over the OLD Dominion:cool:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco, Langley Athletics, Coachmen and obviously the top 2 teams all impressed me last year. I thought Langley and Poco both outplayed us especially Poco but we came out with the 1-0 win in both. I still don't understand how poco dropped so many points. I figure they had guys playing on the premier team and the team changed week to week.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

According to the FVSL site and some very reliable sources, Sikh United is back in Div 1. Can someone explain to me how a middle-of-the-pack div 2 team all of a sudden gets bumped up to div 1?! How many free meals at Saffron were given up here?! Anyone from Sikh Utd. care to comment?

As for us (Sporting), we're hoping to build on our 5th place finish last year. We've added some well-needed depth and should be much stronger this year. Can't wait to have a crack at some of the teams that beat us last year, especially TWU and Langley Athletic, no more 88th minute meltdowns in the back!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

What happened to Tsawwassen? they move over to the VMSL?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

get to see how the blues will fair with div 1 competition for the first time later today however my game may be hounded by a hangover and the fact im sick makes it worse

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL and Zaurrini are still pumping their fists from their wins over the gunners. U gonna guarantee another win this year Z???

PROBABLY, I am thinking one of the Langley teams.
Might even give them a spread.

Have to wait for the schedule.

It is always more fun to pump the team up when a win has a lot on the line.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

we lost 3-2 against dewdney pretty good game we hit the the post like 3 times and had a ball cleared off the line, im sure they was probally missing guys as was we 6 of our players wernt there. both teams looked unfit and im confused on how i scored a header cause if youve seen me play i dont head the ball like ever and adding to that i picked up a nice shiner from a collision with the keeper

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Schedule is up if anyone cares

Yes. Thanks. The opening week is a good news / bad news scenario for Dynamo. If the game had been Saturday, one of us is getting married and we be using all 7 permits just to field the 11. Fridays a little better, though we won't have the wedding party.... and we are playing the Rangers, which despite our 1-1-0 record vs, is never easy.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes. Thanks. The opening week is a good news / bad news scenario for Dynamo. If the game had been Saturday, one of us is getting married and we be using all 7 permits just to field the 11. Fridays a little better, though we won't have the wedding party.... and we are playing the Rangers, which despite our 1-1-0 record vs, is never easy.

I like the schedule.
Great Work by the FVSL to get it up in a timely manner.

I LOVE the two games happening at Newton on Friday nights.

There should be a great atmosphere at Newton for Friday Night Lights, with both the Strikers and Rangers playing at the same time.
Should see lots of fans standing in the middle watching both games reminiscent of Adanac Park and the I Tie Tourny.

I may have to miss the Dynamo game again this year though...last year I flew in from PG just to play the final 25mins....
Maybe I can get the game changed to Saturday.
Stay tuned.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

well we have perhaps the worst possible schedule. Playing the gunners, athletics, and rangers all in the first 3 weeks. I wonder if the 8 guys at training will be ready. Sunday's at 4pm in mission, I appreciate you guys ruining the whole day...nice fukcing game time.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

well we have perhaps the worst possible schedule. Playing the gunners, athletics, and rangers all in the first 3 weeks. I wonder if the 8 guys at training will be ready. Sunday's at 4pm in mission, I appreciate you guys ruining the whole day...nice fukcing game time.

Its the first 4 weeks but who's counting:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Delsom Turf, one block from my house.
Thought the Lion was staggering distant home.

Is the clubhouse finished?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I like the schedule.
Great Work by the FVSL to get it up in a timely manner.

I LOVE the two games happening at Newton on Friday nights.

There should be a great atmosphere at Newton for Friday Night Lights, with both the Strikers and Rangers playing at the same time.
Should see lots of fans standing in the middle watching both games reminiscent of Adanac Park and the I Tie Tourny.

I may have to miss the Dynamo game again this year though...last year I flew in from PG just to play the final 25mins....
Maybe I can get the game changed to Saturday.
Stay tuned.

Love the Friday Night Lights, and we get to open the season with them too. To find the SFC Derby game you have to look all the way to the last game of the season for it, at least we'll have something to look forward to eh Z? Was hoping to get eased in to D1, but looks like we're playing a contender for top spot in the first game, Dewdney United (Coachmen?)

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

What happened to Tsawwassen? they move over to the VMSL?

As a player for Tsawwassen, and as we are training, and as we all believe we are playing this season, I too would like to know what has happened to us. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0