Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March 2010

How are they even asking for this game to be played?

We didn't, the league decided it. We weren't even practicing cause we thought the YGs were up - based on the same reasons you gave. Bunch of our guys have already taken off and won't be around for the game.

So you don't need to worry that a shite team like WRU may sneak promotion ahead of the superstars that are the Nomads that finished, remind me again, right haven't finished in a promotion place in recent years....

We've never said we were good enough for Div 1, but we play against who the league draws us against, and well, if we end up in the top 2 or 3 (like for the past 4 years), then it is what it is, and we must be doing something right - no wait, teams always have off days against us, or are missing players, that's right....couldn't possibly be that we prevented them from playing their usual game and made them play bad.

The problem with most of you is that you big up your own teams with all your new signings to the point that you forget that this is just Div 2, and if the players you signed were really that good, then they'd probably be playing higher up.

I mean, hell, most of you even thought the Red Devils weren't good - what was the comment, something like, they'd never run scores up in the other Divisions, and then went on to beat Guildford 4-1 (who, according to most posters are one of the best teams in Div 2 this year), so maybe we need to get off our f@cking pedestals, remove the tinted glasses, and recognise that maybe, just maybe your team ain't that good either.

Most of the teams in Div 2 that get promoted are never ready to move up - I'm sure I've seen umpteen threads talking about this, and we already discussed WRU earlier this year, so why are we going back round the same boring chat again.

Rant over....where's my coffee....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow... quite the rant!

I am in no way saying that we should be considered for promo, how did you get that out of my post?

If the Nomads played in that division we would have finished second, most likely in a dogfight with the Young Guns, who we beat, handily in the second round of cup. But if my Aunty had baws she'd be my uncle...

I also never said you were a bad team. I just remarked that, while finishing technically tied for second, you were -1 in the division overall, which shows a few things to me...

a) The division as a whole had to be pretty weak
b) The Red Devils were really good and laid the boots to everyone in the division except the Young Guns. (You guys were -10 in goals for against in your two games against them)

My post was more about why the league is making this game go ahead... it should be obvious, no disrespect to WRU, that the YG's would be the obvious choice based on most normal tiebreaking criteria.

also I'm just trying to stir the pot a bit, but I'm sure I had to spell that out for you :rolleyes:

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't a 1-0 win and a 3-2 loss equal 3-3- on aggrigate or am I really bad at math. Both teams deserve to fight it out for promotion if they're records are identical according to the league right? Its head to head only not goal differential in the league.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wasnt this game played out at PASS dureing Cup day...would have made for an even better day.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reds-16... you are correct on the math... I meant the GD for the entire year.

Why track GD on the stats sheet if you aren't going to use it for anything?

I agree Rich, this game should have been played on the turf field after your game against NCUTD (The 7 a side finale) prior to the Pak Cup game starting...

Back to YG's vs WRU:

If the teams are tied on points with identical records you would go to head to head, they split, then you would go to gd in the games vs each other... then it stops (as per league rules)
The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

What would they have done in a 3 way tie? (highly unlikely I know, but surely they should go down the line with total GD, then most goals for, least goals against, then away goals in games vs each other, etc)

additional games... at this time of year, bleh...

It would be hard to get my guys together and fired up for this three to four weeks following our last game when nobody has permits for training etc...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN here is another question most are talking about...
On the website it says Prez cup winner to B Provincials plus top 2 teams from div2 points.
Although Guildford has more points..Moody played 2 less games due to an unbalanced schedule.
To find out standings in a situation like this..What should be done ..as done everywhere in the world is..Drop the 2 games Guildford played vs the worst team in thier division which was..Westcoast and the 6 points that go along with it...
Leaveing
2 Guildford Utd 18 15 0 3 64 22 45 minus 2 games worth of (6) points = 39

1 Port Moody Gunners 16 12 4 0 39 5 40

Gunners should be in the Provincials...

Unless a different system was used to pick the top team...or Moody may have said no to the Provincials..

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU versus Young Guns

Waste of time and money as both teams are not going to accept promotion anyways

And you know that how?

I believe WRU would accept promotion if they won - and yes they're not good enough, blah blah.

That's why the fixture was re-arranged to this weekend, as opposed to the week before Cup Finals when we could have forfeited due to lack of numbers.

I'm sure Young Guns will accept too - otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to play the game.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pomo not going to Prov's is a joke...

all of this is exactly why a total streamlining of the league and divisions is badly needed.
Premier: 10 teams
Div 1: 10 teams
Div 2: 2 or 3 geographically aligned pools of 10 teams
Div 3 - 4: x number of pools of ten teams.

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN here is another question most are talking about...
On the website it says Prez cup winner to B Provincials plus top 2 teams from div2 points.
Although Guildford has more points..Moody played 2 less games due to an unbalanced schedule.
To find out standings in a situation like this..What should be done ..as done everywhere in the world is..Drop the 2 games Guildford played vs the worst team in thier division which was..Westcoast and the 6 points that go along with it...
Leaveing
2 Guildford Utd 18 15 0 3 64 22 45 minus 2 games worth of (6) points = 39

1 Port Moody Gunners 16 12 4 0 39 5 40

Gunners should be in the Provincials...

Unless a different system was used to pick the top team...or Moody may have said no to the Provincials..

moody did tie the last place team in there div once.

Games played divide by points = 2.5 point per game for each team.
further in the cup ?

but port moody should get a spot as well considering they never lost a game untill the cup and only had 5 goals against 6 including cup.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2 - 1 Young Guns

Similar to the last game, team who took their chances won. Not the prettiest spectacle, but then neither team had played competitively for a month, so not a surprise.

We took the lead midway through the first half with a volley off a cross at the pk spot. We went 2 up about 15 into the second from a header off another cross eluded their keeper at the back post.

Young Guns, to their credit, never gave up, and pulled one back with about 15 to go, off a solo run by their midfielder.

Both teams hit the bar in the closing 10mins or so. But the old legs of WRU held on.

JBN, and Franchise will be happy to know, that we were informed after the game that only 4 teams are getting promoted to Div 1, so the 3 runners-up aren't guaranteed a promo spot just yet. Some talk of a play-off before the start of next season - not sure how that'll work, as I'm sure the rosters will be very different for all 3 runners-up compared to this year. So every chance WRU could still be in Div 2 next year.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2 - 1 Young Guns

Similar to the last game, team who took their chances won. Not the prettiest spectacle, but then neither team had played competitively for a month, so not a surprise.

We took the lead midway through the first half with a volley off a cross at the pk spot. We went 2 up about 15 into the second from a header off another cross eluded their keeper at the back post.

Young Guns, to their credit, never gave up, and pulled one back with about 15 to go, off a solo run by their midfielder.

Both teams hit the bar in the closing 10mins or so. But the old legs of WRU held on.

JBN, and Franchise will be happy to know, that we were informed after the game that only 4 teams are getting promoted to Div 1, so the 3 runners-up aren't guaranteed a promo spot just yet. Some talk of a play-off before the start of next season - not sure how that'll work, as I'm sure the rosters will be very different for all 3 runners-up compared to this year. So every chance WRU could still be in Div 2 next year.

Oh that sucks you guys probably would have done really well in Div.1. You guys should apply and go for the gold. You guys have one of the strongest and underestimated squads in the whole FVSL. This result was never in doubt to me you guys should have won by more but must have been missing alot of key players.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh that sucks you guys probably would have done really well in Div.1. You guys should apply and go for the gold. You guys have one of the strongest and underestimated squads in the whole FVSL. This result was never in doubt to me you guys should have won by more but must have been missing alot of key players.

Finally, someone who speaks sense. And yes we were missing most of our key players, if fact we only had 7 guys out for the game, and the ref was totally biased against, and the weather sucked, and we messed up some of our registrations that meant we lost a couple of points that demovitated our team for the whole season and made us suck all year long (oh wait a minute, that was you). I mean with all those odds stacked against us and to still come through, god must have been watching.

Enjoy Div 3 next year.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, someone who speaks sense. And yes we were missing most of our key players, if fact we only had 7 guys out for the game, and the ref was totally biased against, and the weather sucked, and we messed up some of our registrations that meant we lost a couple of points that demovitated our team for the whole season and made us suck all year long (oh wait a minute, that was you). I mean with all those odds stacked against us and to still come through, god must have been watching.

Enjoy Div 3 next year.

But we would still beat your shite team. And it's too bad we can't play you guys this summer because we would be assured a couple of wins. We could have double our win total if we were in Div.2b KSL with your shite team and the "can never beat us" Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0