Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March 2010

I'd lean towards your group MB10, simply because we were such an easy game on some nights and a hard game on others, as evidenced by our cup run and performance in some games against weaker teams...

Our division wasn't really close, with us only getting 1 point out of the possible 12 in the 2 games against both ACBC and Guildford we were never in the hunt, and to protect against injuries and due to injuries we were good on some days and shocking on others, and that goes right through our division, personally I like the SFC Peg Impact guys, they'd be a D2 title contended if they got a bit more depth, Sikh is terrible save one or two players (including maybe the best player in the division), The Knights finished second to last but had an early season tragedy that clearly affected their season. The Titans need to find a few goalscorers or they will stay where they are (mid pack D2 at best) Westcoast is a D3 team in quality (sorry Duffman ;) ) And the Bullets are an older team that is too good for D3 and not good enough to play masters.

Our Division wasn't as close as the standing would have you believe.

Looking at your division, and the closeness and parity... 2A, in my estimation, was the overall best division, I'd say that 2B had the hardest/best top end of any division though. 2C isn't even in the conversation. That division saw 1 team beat the tar out of everyone and lose twice to the second place team, that then ran into injury and consistency problems.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'd lean towards your group MB10, simply because we were such an easy game on some nights and a hard game on others, as evidenced by our cup run and performance in some games against weaker teams...

Our division wasn't really close, with us only getting 1 point out of the possible 12 in the 2 games against both ACBC and Guildford we were never in the hunt, and to protect against injuries and due to injuries we were good on some days and shocking on others, and that goes right through our division, personally I like the SFC Peg Impact guys, they'd be a D2 title contended if they got a bit more depth, Sikh is terrible save one or two players (including maybe the best player in the division), The Knights finished second to last but had an early season tragedy that clearly affected their season. The Titans need to find a few goalscorers or they will stay where they are (mid pack D2 at best) Westcoast is a D3 team in quality (sorry Duffman ;) ) And the Bullets are an older team that is too good for D3 and not good enough to play masters.

Our Division wasn't as close as the standing would have you believe.

Looking at your division, and the closeness and parity... 2A, in my estimation, was the overall best division, I'd say that 2B had the hardest/best top end of any division though. 2C isn't even in the conversation. That division saw 1 team beat the tar out of everyone and lose twice to the second place team, that then ran into injury and consistency problems.

If we are a div.3 team in quality(which we were) then you guys are definatly not any where close to div.1 quality. In the 2 games we played you guys beat us 5-1 which the score line was not the way the game went with us missing a pk then you guys getting a goal directly off the miss from a smart play by house. And in the second game it was 2-1 and we were outplayed but not to any massive extent. We had a bad season and so did others. Your team is showing up in cup and that's great for them. Good luck and see you saturday I will keep you company on the sidelines.hahaha

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

anyone care to ellaborate on the Mission-Royals game from the weekend. I don't really see Poco getting blown out like that without them only having 9 guys on the field, or did Mission just light them up? If it is the former, then are the Royals giving up now that they are out of cup and can't go up...? hopefully, then they may forfeit our game in 3 weeks and we stay in div 2 hahaha. :wa: If not we go down and still have to listen to westcoast talk shite all year in div 3.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If we are a div.3 team in quality(which we were) then you guys are definatly not any where close to div.1 quality. In the 2 games we played you guys beat us 5-1 which the score line was not the way the game went with us missing a pk then you guys getting a goal directly off the miss from a smart play by house. And in the second game it was 2-1 and we were outplayed but not to any massive extent. We had a bad season and so did others. Your team is showing up in cup and that's great for them. Good luck and see you saturday I will keep you company on the sidelines.hahaha

The 1st game could have been a lot worse than 5-1. The second game I don't remember too much about. It was close, who outplayed whom I'm not sure but we did end up winning and that's all that really matters. No hard feelings, but bottom line is this:

Good teams find ways to win even when they are playing bad

Bad teams find ways to lose even when they are playing good.

Just my opinion.

kris_p_bacon

Jan 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

1st game wasn't even close, think you scored on your 1 shot, and the pk was b/c our dumbass dman (sorry jeff) picked up the ball thinking it had crossed the endline. think the pk was skied over the bar

2nd game was 2-1 in score, and about 45-2 in shots with about 5 crossbars/posts. like house said, its the score that matters, and really, what does this matter? i would however rephrase the above. "if we (nomads) are no where near a div 1 team, then you would be nowhere near a top div 3 team." :eek:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

bananaman said:
anyone care to ellaborate on the Mission-Royals game from the weekend. I don't really see Poco getting blown out like that without them only having 9 guys on the field, or did Mission just light them up? If it is the former, then are the Royals giving up now that they are out of cup and can't go up...? hopefully, then they may forfeit our game in 3 weeks and we stay in div 2 hahaha. :wa: If not we go down and still have to listen to westcoast talk shite all year in div 3.
Royals had players, mission aren't that bad, they beat the pumas this weekend they finish 3rd a point behind us.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Royals had players, mission aren't that bad, they beat the pumas this weekend they finish 3rd a point behind us.

They tie for 3rd but come fourth as we (celtic) beat them head to head both times. Mission could give pumas a run, they work hard and don't give up and have alot of youth on their side.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

They tie for 3rd but come fourth as we (celtic) beat them head to head both times. Mission could give pumas a run, they work hard and don't give up and have alot of youth on their side.

your right, sorry its the royals who can finish one point behind us. Either or mission turned their season around in the second half losing only too you guys and the gunners, apose to thier 5 losses, 1 tie, and 2 wins in the first half.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

your right, sorry its the royals who can finish one point behind us. Either or mission turned their season around in the second half losing only too you guys and the gunners, apose to thier 5 losses, 1 tie, and 2 wins in the first half.

Its a tight league and hopefully we can be in the same group next year (depending on the promotion situation and if you guys go up or not. not sure how the league is gonna do the promo/reglegation) its nice ot have the local darby a few times a year, even nicer when there is 3 teams from the same are who all know one another. But onto summer league :wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Duff, don't take it personally man, no hard feelings at all. I am not trying to tar and feather you guys at all... I'm just using your situation as an example.

As for me on the sidelines, I have never returned anywhere close to 100% with my knee and fitness, I'm closer to 65-70% at best. I keep tweaking the damn thing every game I play. At this cup game I will most likely not see the field due to a stomp I got defending Murphy from SFC Peg this weekend. So yes, I will be on the sidelines coaching up my boys, see you then.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Duff, don't take it personally man, no hard feelings at all. I am not trying to tar and feather you guys at all... I'm just using your situation as an example.

As for me on the sidelines, I have never returned anywhere close to 100% with my knee and fitness, I'm closer to 65-70% at best. I keep tweaking the damn thing every game I play. At this cup game I will most likely not see the field due to a stomp I got defending Murphy from SFC Peg this weekend. So yes, I will be on the sidelines coaching up my boys, see you then.

May your team win with ease this weekend

God Bless

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Becareful or u will end up like me:(

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A bit late with this one, but just wanted to congratulate GEU Inter on winning promotion. Good effort all round boys.:wa:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Never took it personal. I like you and your team. Just stating my opinion. we have lost a ton of players to higher levels and went to shite, it was hard to keep the squad together when some wanted to play higher or not play at all.. Might not even have a squad next winter.(anyone looking for some players next year?) As for the sideline crack I know about your knees and thats why I made the remark. I will keep you company. But I will be able to have a drink or 10.

See you Saturday, just follow the cloud of smoke if you want to say high. I mean Hi.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

pumas teid mission 1-1 , they (mission) were under the impresion that if they won they would have gone up to div one , would that have been true ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0