Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March 2010

its by alphabetical order in the standings we have all the tie breakers....we win sunday the Royals have to win all three to get second

We played the Royals last night 1-1 tie, fairly even game, we hit 2 crossbars, one off a free kick and one from 3 yards out. tThey're a pretty good team, I definitly see them beating North Coquitlam and MF Coquitlam, and it will be hard to say on mission, as mission beat them pretty bad at the start of the season. Good game last night with some good chances on both ends.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

They're a pretty good team, I definitly see them beating North Coquitlam
well as i said before royals will take 3 points against us as 10 of our starting 11 are leaving for vegas the day we are scheduled to play so we wont be playing unless game day is changed. Imo tho any of the teams going up from 2a will struggle in div 1. Only team who would do well are gunners but they wont be moving anyway. Either way we might who a few games in div 3 next year.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

So I'm asking this in the div.3 banter as well.Which teams deserve to go up and which teams should go down?It's not always the standings that is the true placement if you know what I mean.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

So I'm asking this in the div.3 banter as well.Which teams deserve to go up and which teams should go down?It's not always the standings that is the true placement if you know what I mean.
coming down from div 1 i'd say is the bottom 3 ( pa selects, abby, and aldergrove).
going up should be in all fairness acbc and the red devils for sure and as the gunners probably won't go up then i'd have to say guildford, however if the league is to decide they want one more team as well then either force the gunners to move up or imo the nomads are the next best team, followed closely by us.
going down should be ncu cause they never have a full team (even had 10 on the opening game of the year) plus they should be above ncu with a better goal difference and a better head to head. Thwn also westcoast as they always finish were they are, and as for the third team im unsure as i haven't seen enough bottom end games. coming up from div3 i'm saying nothing on except abby untied definately and will be playing div 2 next year.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

yup,westcoast making their annaul drop/jump div.2/div.3 thing.I see Vault is in the semi's of the cup and they're not even close to be a promotion team in their own division(3b).I haven't been out to as many games as usual and haven't watched many games on the other side of the water.Good teams?

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

going down should be ncu cause they never have a full team (even had 10 on the opening game of the year)

Have to agree with you MB10, numbers were definetely our problem this year. Me and 3 other starters went down with season ending injuries early and having a bunch of guys with work commitments killed us this year. I'm pretty sure we will be applying to stay up since we have been a solid Div.2 team for the ten yrs I've played with NCU.

I talked to a buddy of mine who plays for Pacific and he says they are planning on going up next year.(I'll believe it when I see it;)) I guess the Clones would be the other questionable team to go up since they finished 3rd in our Div last year and chose to go down anyways. If we have to go down to Div.3 for a year then so be it.(Magpies are a good team but I think we would be back up in a year)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to coming out to willoughby next weekend to see some good games.Good luck fellas!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'd agree with MB10.

Pomo won't go (most likely) because of their club structure.

ACBC for sure, Red Devils for sure, Guildford for sure.

If you have anyone fold and require more teams...
You have:
Inter and DFC Celtic in 2A
Nomads in 2B
Young Guns in 2C

Of that group, the Nomads have beat the Young Guns and Inter has beat DFC Celtic twice this year IIRC... so flip a coin

I'd say, from what I know about the teams... that either Inter or Nomads are probably best suited based on the club make ups, and top end talent on the teams. All the two teams need to do is replace a few bottom end of the roster players with players from other teams going out of D1 or from other teams in the clubs at GEU and LUFC.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

You know..the Nomads have been so close for so long and have wanted to move up...My vote is to just let them into div 1 before they get as old as the Rangers.
Time for them to enjoy a few years of div 1...And they will turn out for every match no matter how they finnish..My vote so we can play them again..lol

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

haha! ghouse wants revenge.

well see, only depends on if we pick up guys

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know I'm way late to this thread but what's the deal with FV Red Devils? 99 goals in 17 games? Who are these guys?

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

So there's no pressure for Inter tonight... don't win and don't go up?!? Tie isn't good enough is it? Opposite for Lions, lose and go down for sure, win and put us down for sure. Might have to stop by this game.

Why do people keep going on about who deserves to go up or down? You finish top 2 you go up regardless of "deserve" you finish bottom 2 you go down, simple as. If the Gunners don't go up and 2a still has 2 teams for promo then won't it be 2nd and 3rd? Gunners can go up if there are going to be two div 1 leagues, they will have one team in each?

If we finish bottom 2 this year then we deserve to go down and SHOULD go down. Don't like the idea of being a westcoast and staying up when we shouldn't. In everyone's mind we all "deserve" to go up or stay up...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know I'm way late to this thread but what's the deal with FV Red Devils? 99 goals in 17 games? Who are these guys?

they won 9-0 today in their last make up game, so make that 108 goals forward in 18 games.

like Mission said, they would not have pounded teams like that so stats are misleading.

Nomads lost 4-2 today in their final make up game. Was a fun game for us. Tried new guys in new positions. Hats off to SFC Pegasus for understanding our situation and taking it easy today in a good clean fun game. Only one yellow, no injuries, good to go for next week.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

they won 9-0 today in their last make up game, so make that 108 goals forward in 18 games.

like Mission said, they would not have pounded teams like that so stats are misleading.

Nomads lost 4-2 today in their final make up game. Was a fun game for us. Tried new guys in new positions. Hats off to SFC Pegasus for understanding our situation and taking it easy today in a good clean fun game. Only one yellow, no injuries, good to go for next week.
i figured that league was not as hard as the others , we are avarage div 3 team and lost the the team in 2nd place in there div by one goal and could have won it

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

so did we get an answer on which was the best division 2 league? ours was the closest for sure, but obviously the best team didn't come out of ours, as proven in cup play. 2c looks pretty ridiculous with every team scoring over 35 goals where only 1 team did in 2a. 2b shows the top 5 were strong but then outside of that there wasn't much. i'd go with a and b being the strongest divison 2 leagues, not taking anythign away from the red devils they just had really no challenge all year.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

i also notice that 7 of the teams in our league went out of the cup to teams still in the cup, and then the other two went out to the gunners who had of not drawn acbc may or may not still of been in the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0