Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March 2010

pumas teid mission 1-1 , they (mission) were under the impresion that if they won they would have gone up to div one , would that have been true ?

Nope they are 5 points behind Inter with that being their last game so they couldn't have gone up anyway. The one thing I don't understand is how the league already says our team is relegated when we have one game left and a better goal difference than Coquitlam who are only 3 points ahead of us. So if we beat Poco on friday then we would be on the same points with better GD? How does that make sense? If they send us down simply because CMF beat us that is absolute BS if we have better GD then we have a better record, no? Or is this more craziness from the FVSL?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nope they are 5 points behind Inter with that being their last game so they couldn't have gone up anyway. The one thing I don't understand is how the league already says our team is relegated when we have one game left and a better goal difference than Coquitlam who are only 3 points ahead of us. So if we beat Poco on friday then we would be on the same points with better GD? How does that make sense? If they send us down simply because CMF beat us that is absolute BS if we have better GD then we have a better record, no? Or is this more craziness from the FVSL?

It Means League execs are confident u will lose your last game:D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You lost to them and tied so you go down no matter what.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

its head to head first. your team scored more goals then them but they beat you = they are the better team...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

it's been that way since i've played in the fvsl. You guys really can't complain, you never had players at games and tbh no teams like playing against 9,10 players. Ok so you didn't forefit the games but still....

kaspro

Mar 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

pumas teid mission 1-1 , they (mission) were under the impresion that if they won they would have gone up to div one , would that have been true ?

I knew it was heads up in the case of a tie in points, for whatever reason our manager thought different. either way we didnt win so it doesnt matter.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I knew it was heads up in the case of a tie in points, for whatever reason our manager thought different. either way we didnt win so it doesnt matter.

really wouldnt have mattered , you could have always chosen to stay down if that was the case

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

it's been that way since i've played in the fvsl. You guys really can't complain, you never had players at games and tbh no teams like playing against 9,10 players. Ok so you didn't forefit the games but still....

If we finish bottom 2 I have no probs going down. We had a terrible season. But if you have better goal difference that means you have a better record. Just weird that it goes head to head. We lost to Coquitlam but we beat Mission, Pumas, and DFC so we are better than them by that standard? Oh well, if we dont beat Poco it means nothing. And regardless of having 10-11-12 guys at each game that has nothing to do with actual results (we always had 11 guys). And for the Inter guys who think their team is god's gift... not so much... regardless of beating us.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If we finish bottom 2 I have no probs going down. We had a terrible season. But if you have better goal difference that means you have a better record. Just weird that it goes head to head. We lost to Coquitlam but we beat Mission, Pumas, and DFC so we are better than them by that standard? Oh well, if we dont beat Poco it means nothing. And regardless of having 10-11-12 guys at each game that has nothing to do with actual results (we always had 11 guys). And for the Inter guys who think their team is god's gift... not so much... regardless of beating us.

you had 10 players 2nd game of the season. And no1 on our team thinks that, or else i woulda said earlier on the promotion topic that we deserve it hands down and guildford were lucky to beat us etc. no1 said that, none of guys think that. I just find it hard to enjoy playing against 10 guys... i mean we show up to what was our first game of the season and see you guys have 10 players, what do we think? oh this is gonna be easy then you guys scored early we was like fcuk then had to try pick ourselves up. I see why your mad but even europe is starting to go with the head to head rule, i know scotland is for sure this year, and i may be wrong but i think spain goes on head to head. It's kinda more fair in amatuer soccer in my opinion. If we and the royals woulda finished tied for points i wouldn't of been on here complaining saying thats unfair and what not, however i do believe were better than the royals but thats beside the point. Anyways this is a useless convo, rules are rules and you guys are set for relegation unless you ask the fvsl to allow you to stay up. Sorry if im offending you but that's how i feel about the not having guys situation.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

as for promotion, i just looked at the fvsl promotions etc. personally i think the fairest way would be to let just the top 3 go up gunners, acbc, and fvrd for sure then only relegate one div 1 team for sure (aldergrove). Then if the gunners don't go up let guildford as the next best div 2 team, however if the gunners do decide to go up which i doubt then have a playoff game between guildford and abby arsenal of division 1. They should also make divison 1 split 1a/1b, cause theres a big gap between top 10 and the bottom 5 there (razorbacks had alot of suspensions thats why i said 5 not 6). That's just my opinion on things anyways, because i know for a fact unless we add guys we will struggle and so will the winner of wr/young guns with their current squads.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

you had 10 players 2nd game of the season. I see why your mad If we and the royals woulda finished tied for points i wouldn't of been on here complaining saying thats unfair and what not. Anyways this is a useless convo, rules are rules and you guys are set for relegation unless you ask the fvsl to allow you to stay up. Sorry if im offending you but that's how i feel about the not having guys situation.

I'm not offended. My main question and concern was why they chose to pick head to head because that doesnt mean you are a better overall team over the course of a season. Goal difference does. We ARE going down and it is fair based on the terrible season we have had. The 2nd game against you we had 11 and one got injured after 10 mins. we had so few guys because 8 players were at a stag for our defender. It sucked and we lost. I'm with you that it is not fun playing with less guys, I have been more than fed up this year with lack of commitment and guys not showing and am glad we are going down so we dont have to deal with that again in div 2 and get beat every week simply because we don't have guys at games. Hopefully we pick up our act and come straight back up. We have been in the top 4 of our groupings for the last 8 years and then one shite year and we are down... life goes on and hopefully we get players out next year and are back playing where we belong in 2011.:wa:

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

The 2nd game against you we had 11 and one got injured after 10 mins.

I still haven't forgiven our Div.3 call up goalie for taking me out:mad: ( call for the ball and don't wait until i kick the ball away from the forward and then dive at my ankles) Okay, I'm over it.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Slug ur way off on this one. The tie breaker has always been the head to head match-ups. IMO I think that this is the best way to do it, it makes ur games against each team huge, u guys should have known that you guys were both bottom feeders and maybe, oh i dunno, shown up for the games against the titans.

Goal difference definitely does not show which team has a better record... Lets say my team shows up to play u guys after ur stag and we spank u 10-0. And then we (theoretically) tied inter for the league lead in points. Even tho they could have beaten us twice that year head to head we would still win the league because we showed up and padded our stats against ur lot? I think the FVSL has it right here.

The tie breaker is 1) record against eachother 2) GF/GA against eachother in those games played, and finally if you had tied both games against eachother, then u would go to total GF/GA. Rambling I am. Your team is strong enough to stay in div 2, time to WestCoast it I say. At least ur not making excuses, just bad arguements ;)

Neverlosttointerbtw

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Head to head is the best way to go but the season is long.A couple of bad games could be the difference but if you hadn't been bad all season you wouldn't be in the relagation zone to start with.Lose big to anyone and it can haunt you later.Teams making cup runs that are not in line for promotion will sit players and have scores that aren't really accurate and that can through things too.What can you do?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Slug ur way off on this one. The tie breaker has always been the head to head match-ups. IMO I think that this is the best way to do it, it makes ur games against each team huge, u guys should have known that you guys were both bottom feeders and maybe, oh i dunno, shown up for the games against the titans.

Goal difference definitely does not show which team has a better record... Lets say my team shows up to play u guys after ur stag and we spank u 10-0. And then we (theoretically) tied inter for the league lead in points. Even tho they could have beaten us twice that year head to head we would still win the league because we showed up and padded our stats against ur lot? I think the FVSL has it right here.

The tie breaker is 1) record against eachother 2) GF/GA against eachother in those games played, and finally if you had tied both games against eachother, then u would go to total GF/GA. Rambling I am. Your team is strong enough to stay in div 2, time to WestCoast it I say. At least ur not making excuses, just bad arguements ;)

Neverlosttointerbtw
spot on. head to head best for tie breakers. like junction says makes games against teams closer to you in the tables mean that much more. or else it would be a game of who game shite kick the worst teams in the divisions, and you'd be seeing some pretty lop-sided scorelines in some games. when it comes down to head to head tie break its simple. if two teams are tied for 2nd last, if 9th can't beat 8th to stay up, then clearly 9th shouldn't be there next season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

as for promotion, i just looked at the fvsl promotions etc. personally i think the fairest way would be to let just the top 3 go up gunners, acbc, and fvrd for sure then only relegate one div 1 team for sure (aldergrove). Then if the gunners don't go up let guildford as the next best div 2 team, however if the gunners do decide to go up which i doubt then have a playoff game between guildford and abby arsenal of division 1. They should also make divison 1 split 1a/1b, cause theres a big gap between top 10 and the bottom 5 there (razorbacks had alot of suspensions thats why i said 5 not 6). That's just my opinion on things anyways, because i know for a fact unless we add guys we will struggle and so will the winner of wr/young guns with their current squads.
i'm pretty sure div 1 will be split into 1a and 1b. the only question is will the gunners enter both div 1s or keep a div 2 team?

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Neverlosttointerbtw

Wrong guy, same avatar( no hard feelings)

Completely agree that ties should be decided by head to head. No need to repeat the points you made, you speak the truth.

It was a pathetic season for our team. Not to make excuses;) BUT..... screw it all teams go through what we did with injuries,work, stags, we just couldn't get our sh*t together. I think we competed hard(most games)but came up short.

Personally, extra frustrating getting hurt against Inter and eventually having to miss a couple months of work and calling it a season. No matter if we go to Div.3 or change our name to North Westcoast, we need to make sure all of our guys are commited and ready to play no matter how many show up.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wrong guy, same avatar( no hard feelings)

Completely agree that ties should be decided by head to head. No need to repeat the points you made, you speak the truth.

It was a pathetic season for our team. Not to make excuses;) BUT..... screw it all teams go through what we did with injuries,work, stags, we just couldn't get our sh*t together. I think we competed hard(most games)but came up short.

Personally, extra frustrating getting hurt against Inter and eventually having to miss a couple months of work and calling it a season. No matter if we go to Div.3 or change our name to North Westcoast, we need to make sure all of our guys are commited and ready to play no matter how many show up.

shite happens when you party naked. North WestCoast sounds like a great idea but it might not work with the league this year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last FVSL Game of the year this Sunday at CAP Turf with White Rock vs Young Guns for promotion to D1...

How is this!?

They finished tied on points for second place with identical records (11-1-6), and the split the season series, with Young Guns winning at Home 1-0 and losing away 3-2. Young Guns finish the year +15 on Goals differential and WRU finishes -1 , YG's have more goals for, less goals against.

Every single tie-breaker I have ever seen would have the YG's moving up, like away goals, goals for, differential, etc.

How is WRU expecting promotion if they finish -1 in GD in D2 FFS?! How are they even asking for this game to be played?

IMHO neither of these teams are good enough or ready for D1

anyways, back to summer pops and such ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0