Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter March 2010

with the league only promoting the top 5 div 2 teams it looks certain that the gunners acbc, guildford, and red devils have secured their spots in the first div. but for the final spot we have the young guns on 34 pts with all games played and they nomads on 31 with one game to go. dfc celtic n geu inter both have 24 points with 1 game remaining. so who will be the 5th and final team to go up ??? we have to keep in mind that 2a is one team short therefore two less games played for celtic and inter.....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Were not ready for div 1. And tbh only those four teams should go up. I know the nomads beat acbc last night but realistically I think another year in div 2 is a good thong for the nomads to prepare that little bit more, and that goes for us (inter) too. I also heard pm won't go up either?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Were not ready for div 1. And tbh only those four teams should go up. I know the nomads beat acbc last night but realistically I think another year in div 2 is a good thong for the nomads to prepare that little bit more, and that goes for us (inter) too. I also heard pm won't go up either?
pm probably will stay back and have a go at the 'B' cup, and the pres cup because they have a team in prem and div 1 already. acbc should be ok in div 1. guildford mite struggle unless they pick up more players and red devils should do ok. can't say much about the nomads cause i've only seen them play once against our 'B' team last season and the end of the year in a mean nothing game where they didn't look too impressive but i know they were missing a lot of guys and if they were good enough to beat acbc last night then maybe they could give it a try but i remember earlier this year i think housearrest saying guys having somewhat of commitment issues and that will truly hurt in div 1 so maybe another year in div 2 mite not be such a bad idea afterall....

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Knights win third game in a row. good job guys, now can Bradner stay up with a win today?????

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

of corse your ready for div 1 , you of all people should know that you win the spot then upgrade and change things accordingly , same as any league in the world , you win it , say thanks to the guys and then rebuild the team , adding and dropping players , thats how it works

SidelineMomSlayer

Feb 26, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I miss seeing the moms at the games, Langley, you guys used to be clutch for this.
O well. the 7's tourney usually brings them out if the weathers nice.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

we have been debating this among our team all year. i would say its about 25% yes to move up and 75% no. I am all for whatever the team as a whole decide.

Quite honestly, IMO, we are not ready. We have the skill in our starting 11 to compete, but we would definetly need more depth. Also, the mindset of the team is not there either, with respect to practicing on a consistent basis. We only really have a good training session once every 2 weeks, when im able to make practice cause of work. Guys have families and work and other commitments and in order to be a competitive div.1 team, practice every week is a must.

We have had a lot of ppl interested in joining our team over the last 2 months (couple teams folding, other players not currently playing, coming from vmsl). Its all talk now, but if anything were to happen you might find two Nomads teams, div. 2 and 3, then we will see what happens

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

we have been debating this among our team all year. i would say its about 25% yes to move up and 75% no. I am all for whatever the team as a whole decide.

Quite honestly, IMO, we are not ready. We have the skill in our starting 11 to compete, but we would definetly need more depth. Also, the mindset of the team is not there either, with respect to practicing on a consistent basis. We only really have a good training session once every 2 weeks, when im able to make practice cause of work. Guys have families and work and other commitments and in order to be a competitive div.1 team, practice every week is a must.

We have had a lot of ppl interested in joining our team over the last 2 months (couple teams folding, other players not currently playing, coming from vmsl). Its all talk now, but if anything were to happen you might find two Nomads teams, div. 2 and 3, then we will see what happens

What teams are folding??? come on tell your secrets. I could use some outcasts.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nothing is for sure yet so not gonna start rumours. All speculation at this point.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

We (Bradner) had a chance last night to make sure we stay up in Div 2, but with around 10mins left in a 2 -1 game the lights went out, a little dissapointing as we were pressing at the time.

We only need 1 point to guarantee us a spot in Div 2 for one more year, hopefully we get it next week in our last game.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

We (Bradner) had a chance last night to make sure we stay up in Div 2, but with around 10mins left in a 2 -1 game the lights went out, a little dissapointing as we were pressing at the time.

We only need 1 point to guarantee us a spot in Div 2 for one more year, hopefully we get it next week in our last game.

At least you got some playing time...it's more disappointing to show up twice and be told to go home cause the pitch isn't playable....I guess we get another change...

PS. wasn't playing, so can't comment on the game/light failure.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed scotcop. Just dissapointing. Sorry to you guys for having to come out and not play both times, I know you wanted to play both times, both teams said your here lets play but the ref said no. We would have just finished the game last night with only half the field lit but the ref said no. A good game last night none the less your guys played strong for most of it and near the end we started getting a few chances. would have been nice to finish it but we will just wait and see what the leauge decision is. What ever it is its all good hopefully see you guys next year.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reds if you don't get the one point you need you can apply to stay in div2. teams do it every year.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

after looking at our league how is it that dewdney are above us? less goal difference and if they go by head to head we beat them twice? If it's by alphabetical order that's bs.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

after looking at our league how is it that dewdney are above us? less goal difference and if they go by head to head we beat them twice? If it's by alphabetical order that's bs.

It's because you cheat and score offside headers, just ask Thomas ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Probably by boot colour. And judging by yours, you probably had your team at an extreme disadvantage they couldn't recover from :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

its by alphabetical order in the standings we have all the tie breakers....we win sunday the Royals have to win all three to get second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0