Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bam bam

Feb 7, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter September2010

protest **** that those guys needed to cheat to take our points away,Prop to Pacifics forward i would have done the same

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

NCU 1- Pumas 0

For the first time in 5yrs, I found the back of the net during a goal mouth scramble off of a corner with about 5 to go. They made a huge surge late and we were lucky to have their equalizer called off from a close offside call.

I talked to a Rockets player today, and he said that there were some offside things said but the dust up came from a late challenge on the rockets keeper. I guess it was all in the heat of the moment.:confused:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BC United 2 - Nomads 0

don't really know where to start with this one, so just gonna say that BC United played a very good game, and with only 1 sub at that, compared to our 7 subs.

Props to IS21 for stepping up to the plate and going in net. You did a great job.

Tried a new system early that I thought would work out well, but wasnt practiced and ended up in confusion and a header goal in the 1st 5 min. So reverted back to the old system and things settled down. Just didnt seem like the ball was bouncing our way. Everything shanked, just missing the net, not generating enough. BC United hustled to every ball, won a good portion of the 50/50s, and never gave up. They put the 2-0 goal late in the second half from a poor clearance.

Second half a different story for us, started creating more, but everything just missed the net or was shot right at their keeper.

Not much more to say really. Couldn't score, they did and played hard to hold onto the lead. I take the blame for getting our team down early with the new system, but ultimately, cant win if you don't score. Hopefully this is now the turning point for the Nomads to realize that teams will be coming out gunning for us and playing hard, and that we have to come out and want to win every game from here on out.

Hard training this week and the return of Doyle and Carniehore next week

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I talked to a Rockets player today, and he said that there were some offside things said but the dust up came from a late challenge on the rockets keeper. I guess it was all in the heat of the moment.:confused:

You just dont say that kinda crap to someone especially when his daughters right beside him. Its seriously just stupid. Heated or not no excuse.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

BC United 2 - Nomads 0

don't really know where to start with this one, so just gonna say that BC United played a very good game, and with only 1 sub at that, compared to our 7 subs.

Props to IS21 for stepping up to the plate and going in net. You did a great job.

Tried a new system early that I thought would work out well, but wasnt practiced and ended up in confusion and a header goal in the 1st 5 min. So reverted back to the old system and things settled down. Just didnt seem like the ball was bouncing our way. Everything shanked, just missing the net, not generating enough. BC United hustled to every ball, won a good portion of the 50/50s, and never gave up. They put the 2-0 goal late in the second half from a poor clearance.

Second half a different story for us, started creating more, but everything just missed the net or was shot right at their keeper.

Not much more to say really. Couldn't score, they did and played hard to hold onto the lead. I take the blame for getting our team down early with the new system, but ultimately, cant win if you don't score. Hopefully this is now the turning point for the Nomads to realize that teams will be coming out gunning for us and playing hard, and that we have to come out and want to win every game from here on out.

Hard training this week and the return of Doyle and Carniehore next week

New team , Im sure you guys will figure things out soon. Probably just in time for the Pres cup ;) upset another div2 powerhouse maybe but this time your arnt an underdog.

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh yeah, I agree 100%. I was referring to the red cards that happened during play, after the words were exchange and a ball was thrown at the guy on the sidelines. I don't bring my son to games because I know things are sometimes said that I don't want him to hear.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

People will always run their mouths and say stupid shite which sets something like this off. For many players, a little trash talking is part of the game. However, there is a line which shouldn't be crossed, but often is. This stuff will continue, not much can be done.

As for the Nomads game...thought about going to watch, but chose to stay home. Now I wish I had gone. But then I would have felt bad smiling as I watched "the hype" fizzle. I'm looking forward to the excuses (many of which will be valid) but regardless, this result should generate some interesting banter to begin the week!

Look forward to reading it....then on to next week...

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pacfic Rockets was actually a good clean game except for the one altercation. It started because one of the dads on the sidelines started yelling at one of our players. These dads should understand that he's not yelling at kids, my wife and three kids were on the sideline and this guy was out of line. If he started yelling at me I would have responded too. And for the record our guy said, "You are lucky I havn't impregnated your hot daughter yet".

The other players on the Rockets told me that this guy gets kicked out of every game he comes to. I feel sorry for his kid because you know that this guy has not made soccer fun for his son.

Back to the game, we allowed an early own goal, I missed a sitter, and we are 0-2. Probably should have won the game. Enjoy playing Inter Rockets. :)

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

And for the record our guy said, "You are lucky I havn't impregnated your hot daughter yet".

Ouch thats harsh but this is well, strange.

Tonight one of our players was threatened by an opponent who said this after being checked. "do that again and I will jam my balls in your ass".

Unbelievable I know.....what do you say to that???

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

(nomads lose).... this result should generate some interesting banter to begin the week!

Look forward to reading it....then on to next week...
look no further.....the team thats been hyped up so much for the past few weeks not only drops points in their first game to a relegated aldergrove side then goes and gets shut out by a newly promoted side in bc united. nothing against aldy n bc utd, both good teams. congrats to HB10, i know he's done great things with his team over the summer. i thought we heard housearrest was gonna be playing this weekend? second week in a row finishing is a problem. i thought IS21 was gonna bring his scoring boots week 2? carnihore n house better be there next week or else an 0-3 start to the season could and SHOULD put an end to all the hype. playing an undefeated sfc caps, good luck next week :rolleyes:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Carniehore had a prior engagement he was attending.

As for myself, I was just taking the piss with franny. October 1st will be 3 months since my surgery. Doc said I shouldn't go back for 4-6 months. Physio said I'm 3 weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm close but its a question of how early do I wanna try and go back without reinjuring myself.

As for the game, there are no excuses. Everyone has reasons why they lose, that's why you lose. Bottom line was we didn't finish the chances we created, they did. They worked harder than us and wanted it more. If you want an excuse, blame me the coach, #1 on franny's list

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, last night sucked bad. Playing in net is definitely different, that's for sure. I'm just glad that cnut mikey_c_9 screwed up his shot when he tried to chip me in the second half :) Other than that it was a good game to watch, lots of chances from us but when you can't score, you don't win. BC finished their chances well (I don't think I had any chance on the goals, but who knows) and we didn't. Finishing practice this week I would say.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Horror show both ends in front of goal :) luckily 2 of ours went in (both actually good finishes), none of theirs did. Our defense was closing down pretty fast which really helped.

I better be hitting the treadmill this week, didn't have the legs to finish off that chip :p

Good game Nomads, should be a good replay at yours.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Horror show both ends in front of goal :) luckily 2 of ours went in (both actually good finishes), none of theirs did. Our defense was closing down pretty fast which really helped.

I better be hitting the treadmill this week, didn't have the legs to finish off that chip :p

Good game Nomads, should be a good replay at yours.

I think it was my aggressiveness in coming out to challenge you on it that scared you into it ;)

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ouch thats harsh but this is well, strange.

Tonight one of our players was threatened by an opponent who said this after being checked. "do that again and I will jam my balls in your ass".

Unbelievable I know.....what do you say to that???

just say no thanks !! lol

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

haha I was more interested in how it would work...surely it would hurt the jammer more?? :)

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

look no further.....the team thats been hyped up so much for the past few weeks not only drops points in their first game to a relegated aldergrove side then goes and gets shut out by a newly promoted side in bc united. nothing against aldy n bc utd, both good teams. congrats to HB10, i know he's done great things with his team over the summer. i thought we heard housearrest was gonna be playing this weekend? second week in a row finishing is a problem. i thought IS21 was gonna bring his scoring boots week 2? carnihore n house better be there next week or else an 0-3 start to the season could and SHOULD put an end to all the hype. playing an undefeated sfc caps, good luck next week :rolleyes:

you guys have hyped us more than we have. Stop talking bout us and worry bout your own crappy team. There are no excuses coming, bc united beat us fair and square. Looking forward to round 2

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

look no further.....the team thats been hyped up so much for the past few weeks not only drops points in their first game to a relegated aldergrove side then goes and gets shut out by a newly promoted side in bc united. ... second week in a row finishing is a problem. ... 0-3 start to the season could and SHOULD put an end to all the hype. playing an undefeated sfc caps, good luck next week :rolleyes:

Nomads are just hitting thier slide ... oops... stride... seriously, they'll end up on top in Div 2... 2B is the toughest group by far, just look at the 2B results in round 1 of the Bradner Cup... by the end of the year, they'll be on top for sure. They're just too skilled a team to keep this up. Once they gel, the'll be set...

My prediction for the next two:
They'll Slay Slurrey Claps, then Wallop "Where's Whalley" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0