Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results & Banter - September 04'

Who will win the CAT Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilhank said:
Any word on the DMU Cat team? Just started playing in Cat this year with Whalley and wondering what to expect at tomorrow's match? By their results this year looks like we may be in for one of our toughest games yet.

Yes they are young, and have way too much endurance. Knock em around a bit, don't think they like the physical play. If you can keep the pace with them you should be OK. Not overly skilled but they like to run.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-7 GN-0
GEU all over GN from start to finish, well hopefully this means we're back. ;) Boys moved the ball around the park beautifully,tape to tape. GN giving us too much time during possesion,and they played similar to us our first two games,with little or no intensity.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMu Cat 1 Rangers 1

Poor first touches and if they are supposed to part of some sort of National program I would defineately guess Canada. Horrible, like to play the long ball got a lucky goal off a deflection. When they finaly decided to get stuck in on a tackle they would sub off or switch to the other side of the field. !8 year old punks at best. Like to dish it out but can't take it. Diving like it was the summer olympics all over again. I give em' a 5 for effort and next time we see them we'll be better prepared for the DMU woman's squad!

I

I got game

Whalley 1- Delta Utd 1

Was a good battle to the end. Delta scored on a redirected shot that went off one of the Whalley defenders while The Whalley goal was a cross, tipped and headed into the net. Come on FVSL , sending a very senior referee to try and keep up with these lads. The referees need to be at the top of there game here. Alot of calls missed both ways. All this does is frustrate the players and sidelines. FVSL brass need to have another look at there referee scheduling..

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli 6 - SUFC 3

Not a great game by both teams.....and one of the worst ones I have ever played. Personally responsible for 3 goals against :(......we came out strong scoring 2 within the first 10 min off some good work by both our strikers.......then we got caught napping and a guy went in on a breakaway....of couse had to be my man....chilli tied it when i tried to head the ball out and went off the other guys noggin and in ........we went up once again on a great finish by the SuperRef to get the hat trick ......only to have Chilli to tie it up beating our offside trap (or lack thereof) .... IMO the guy was offside but it was close.....and all this scoring happened within the first 30. second half was all chilli and the game winner came when i made a back pass to our keeper that didn't get there and they scored on the resulting scamble......they got a couple more after we pushed up and stopped playing !!! not good...i should have gone to watch the prem team instead, would have been more beneficial to my teammates thats for sure. We played well in spots but we really got to put in an effort for 90. :( Chilli deserved the win, full marks to them for battling back every time.

getonwithit had a good game reffing but our fourth goal should not have been called back....u know it, just admit it !! :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley lost 2-0 to PAU yesterday, the first time in three seasons they've taken 3 from us.

Both squads worked hard on the park. Scoreless at half with no flow. The same no-flow style prevailed in the 2nd. They got a couple of mucker goals, were lucky enough to clear one off the line, and get a favorable call with a Langley goal called back. That's the way the game goes sometimes; they deserved the 3 points.

The ref, although capable and fit enough to keep up, was terrible. Decided early to be the show. Lots of yellows, and way too many whistles.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
more proof cat is bush league. delta lions cat team 3-0, ND lions premier 0-3. well it sure looks like everybody is using there cat programs or maybe the quality is so week nobody can step up.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
more proof cat is bush league. delta lions cat team 3-0, ND lions premier 0-3. well it sure looks like everybody is using there cat programs or maybe the quality is so week nobody can step up.

Isn't that your own club you are using as an example? Isn't this the first year you have had a CAT team?

Obviously there is a demand for the CAT division so give it a rest. Nobody is forcing you (personally) to play there so who cares.

Keep in mind, without CAT you would be in Div 3. :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, you are one bitter little man. Two premier teams in Delta, but since you can't find a way to get involved (probably not good enough), you spend your time dissing their programs. As Crafty has stated: he has no idea who you are. This comming from the guy who probably knows who every player in every division is. Nicely played...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's called ttp bush leaguer take it as it is. I'm just trying to get under your skin I guess nobody explained this site to year. perhaps a wet nap and a warm glass of milk are in order

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It's called ttp bush leaguer take it as it is. I'm just trying to get under your skin I guess nobody explained this site to year. perhaps a wet nap and a warm glass of milk are in order

Good one. :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Not sure who Bulljive is or how he plays but I'm sure it's fantastic :rolleyes: ,but wouldn't it be interesting if he was given the chance to play for a CAT team (and I doubt he would be asked)and maybe even get the chance to play premier(not). Bulljive every Big club has a reserve team and unfortunately you may never know this but it's who the premier draw from,not from Div 2 or wherever you play.Now until you try it for a season maybe you shouldn't knock it.Just like any league their are strong teams and weak teams on any given weekend. ps. please piss off, Thank You. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 Summary

Here's this weeks results, for those of you who are too lazy to go to the FVSL site and look them up. Or just find that site a little too confusing now with the new format:

Whalley Rangers 1 Delta Metro United 1
PoCo City Dominion 0 North Delta Lions 2
GN Sporting Club 0 GEU Ultra 7
Peace Arch United 2 LUFC United 0
SUFC Lions 3 Chilliwack Rapids 6

ND Lions Remain undefeated this season (3-0-0) as well as Delta Metro United (2-1-0). GEU get's their first win of the season and GN is still waiting to score thier first goal of the season.

After week 3 here are the season standings. If you want the stats check the FVSL site:

1. North Delta Lions
  2. DM United
  3. Chilliwack Rapids
  4. LUFC United
  5. Whalley Rangers
  6. Peace Arch United
  7. GEU Ultra
  8. Poco City Dominion
  9. Sikh United Lions
  10. GN Sporting Club

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
Isn't that your own club you are using as an example? Isn't this the first year you have had a CAT team?

Obviously there is a demand for the CAT division so give it a rest. Nobody is forcing you (personally) to play there so who cares.

Keep in mind, without CAT you would be in Div 3. :wa:

So would cat be div 2 then......The top three div 1 can beat the best cat....

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
So would cat be div 2 then......The top three div 1 can beat the best cat....
If you think Div2 players can play premier on any given weekend then yes CAT is DIV 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0