Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results & Banter - September 04'

Who will win the CAT Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
**Take young out of ass**

Now, on the flip side, we have GN Sport. They showed up w/ nine on Friday before it was postponed for rain. :

We actually had 14 players out but when we found out that the game was postponed we called up the players that were on their way from work or whatever and told them not to come because it had been postponed.

Big T

The big problem that we have for CAT is that we dont have a manager, wish we had you to be our manager and do all the stuff that you do for SUFC :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
should cat really even get a thread you guys are a fcucking farm league who never gets to go anywhere and never get to play when called up. I have seen who is on the Delta metro cat team. please some of those kids got cut from douglas and the rest are just average along with the whole cat league

What's the matter bulljive, why did you delete this? I think it's what we call a TTP bed wetting, adolescent style. The type where you try and get the sheets washed before Mum comes home to discover your mess.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the cat teams perform in the Pak, as opposed to the Div. 1 teams.

Will you be playing in the Pak this season?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually TheRob deleted it for being off topic. Good thing Dude was alert and called the stupid cnut on it. It must be known that CAT is a vital part of an actual CLUB system.

That said... You guys get pissed at all the off-topic BS, yet you keep fcuking replying to it...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, considering all the off topic stuff flying around lately, that was pretty well on topic. The title is "[FVSL Cat] Results & Banter". Banter being the key word...

He wrote his opinion of the Cat division, and of one team in particular. That is all fair game in my eyes.

My opinion, for what it's worth...

Having played in both pretty much all over the map in both the FVSL & VMSL over the last ten years, I can say that the Clubs that take the Cat seriously have put together some pretty good squads. I read a lot of banter from many a 1st div player on this thread, and I find it ironic that the players that DON'T slag the Cat division are players from squads that have played in the Cat division: Rangers, Lions, and Storm. Funny, those teams were the best teams in either the 1st division or Cat division over the past four seasons.

Yes, you will have a couple of dogs in the cat league...this year it will be GN Sport, and possibly North Delta. But, my bet is that you will have some very good, young players gunning for a Premier call-up. Delta appears to be fielding a talented young group of players. The Storm have accepted a former SFC VMSL team into their fold- a team that was very successful in U-21 two seasons ago. Poco is always very good. In Langley, we will have a good mix of some young players and veterans lining up every week. GEU was very good last year, and I expect the young guys will learn quickly and they'll contend again. PAU's squad from last season is back, and they would have competed just fine in div. 1. Chili apparently has huge numbers. As far as pace, I found it pretty good in games last season vs. Poco, GEU, PAU, and Aldergrove. Those teams, including Langley, would have fit in just fine in 1st. A couple would have challenged the Storm and Rangers for top of the table status.

Besides, to say that the players have nothing to play for couldn't be further from the truth. I know in Langley, our training session have been- and will be- very competitive with great attendance because most players are gunning for a Premier spot. There are only something like 9 or 10 guys signed to the Premier form...the rest are Cat forms. LFC2 will decide at the deadline who will get the nod for Cup play. Worked for us last year. The players that don't get the nod for Cup play in Prem still get a shot at the Pak w/ the Cat team.

I don't mind good banter, but at least back it up.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey dude !! I hear the langley times are looking for a sports journalist ,4k a year ,fcuk me ...do you talk your self to sleep at night :D :p
sidthecatburglar

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and yes, more the likely he does talk himself to sleep at night. His family voted to leave the car on and the garage door closed, but he insisted on doing it his way.

The SPCA offer him money every year too.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
4K...that will put me into Sid range. Where do I sign up?
try more like th 5 k for me :D sing up in maple ridge at osamas ,for he is a house husband ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that why she's insisted on me doubling my life insurance policy every year for the past three years?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Actually, considering all the off topic stuff flying around lately, that was pretty well on topic. The title is "[FVSL Cat] Results & Banter". Banter being the key word...

He wrote his opinion of the Cat division, and of one team in particular. That is all fair game in my eyes.

My opinion, for what it's worth...

Having played in both pretty much all over the map in both the FVSL & VMSL over the last ten years,
does playing for the meredian arms div 3d metro really count dudesmellyourma :rolleyes: :eek: :wa:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently having played in both the CAT and Div 1, I can comment on the necessity and quality of the CAT division vs Div 1.

The CAT division was strong in years that teams such as the Rangers, Highlanders, Lions and Storm played there because they were not "typical" CAT teams. They were Div 1 teams playing in the CAT division. Each team was there out of necessity, more than anything. I believe the CAT division is getting stronger, but when it comes to the Pak Cup and when the Premier teams have had their pick of the best CAT players, it stands to reason they will not be as strong as the Div 1 teams.

Just out of curiousity, what happens to a CAT team when a Premier team gets relegated? What division do they play in the following year?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millhouse...I think the club loses two spots, the Prem & Cat. That's what seems to have happened to Aldergrove.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They go down with them. A CAT isn't its own team it's affiliated with the premier side. In this case, it would be one big happy relegated family.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Cat team essentially vanishes, but I doubt the league would refuse them a Div.2 entry if they ask for one.

The Cat is an extension of Premier- in theory- so the spots are tied together.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the perfect amateur soccer world every club team and league would have or make you have an 'A' side and a Cat side regardless of the Division they're labelled with. So when a Div 1 team gets promoted to premier so does their Cat same does with demotion.

Joe Shmoe United

Premier
-Cat
Division 1
-Cat
Division 2
-Cat

Dare to dream eh? :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do you have to go and be that guy? I'm trying to help you and your Special Olympic mates out and you go and drop a Marty bomb on me. You don't see me doing those kinds of things do you? BTW, LFC called and said if you want to play this weekend you had better keep the starch on the team shorts to a minimum and have the tops folded and brought over to his shop before 5:00.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...will LFC2 cut me because the cnuting washer I just bought broke down? It's all a conspiracy, ain't it?

(Here's the pitch, Dude's late to react, but he connects with a single down the first base line...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0