Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, here are my thoughts...

When I read Cainy's original post, I found it to be well thought out. He mentioned a couple of players, did say the bulk of the Cat squad are the Prem team's future, and overall found him to be quite complementary of the job Belfast has done with bringing the guys along, and with the success of the Cat team this year.

Belfast...like your propensity to interpret "all you can eat" at Uncle Willy's a little to literally, you do seem to take anything said positively about your team, then somehow find a way to get insulted about it.

Lighten up...no pun intended. :eek:

Chilliwhack guys...how are things looking out your way? Has the city officially shut down the fields for X-Mass yet? Does the Sunday fixture look to be in doubt?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the quote I was thinking of...how does one get his panties in a bunch about this?

They are the spine of my team, and core players. We wouldn't be half the team we are without them.I would say of our current crop of cat players, there is one who is ready now to play premier.( Dustan Blackley) he however has commitment issues, and after asking him at least a half dozen times,I just haven't asked in a while. The ball is definately in his court. I don't understand that about todays younger players. Most guys i play with, would die to play premier. We have roughly three maybe four more players who are able to give us some positive minutes, but aren't consistent enuff or physical enuff yet. I think they will be one day in the near future. ( Ben, Conner, Alexis, Hitjeet)

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Here's the quote I was thinking of...how does one get his panties in a bunch about this?

If you know anything about the PAU nation there are times when things are flying and you need to duck. Those damn midgets on our team sure have an advantage sometimes... when we're not using them in the tossing that is.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
This shite's awesome!!Peace Arch Divided Nation
Shows us how it's done Dipshit

Thats hilarious. :p
I hope that is the end of all that though I mean none of that fighting had anything to do with me. WTF? it is supposed to be all about me.

Seriously though I agree with Dude, yes it is possible to agree with dude. I think Belfast jumped the gun there. Thats the fastest I think i've ever seen ya move buddy.

Back on topic: remember when i said...

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Chilliwhack guys...how are things looking out your way? Has the city officially shut down the fields for X-Mass yet? Does the Sunday fixture look to be in doubt?

No, city hasn't yet shut down the fields for Christmas yet...but they don't seem to have to since the rain is doing a pretty good job of closing down the fields already.

Yes, the Sunday fixture looks to be in doubt, but we won't know till at least Saturday (if the District tells us in time that is). It's best to call the Club and find out before coming out Sunday a.m..

Apologies Gents, but at this time of year, everything gets üp in the air"because of the weather...and the way the District bureaucracy runs things sometimes. *shrugging shoulders* Nothing we can do 'bout it.

Cheers

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be a little more clear on the status of the Wack fields...
The city has left the field status at our discretion. Since they blanket the whole group of fields together and the majority cannot withstand the water, they tend to close them. Chances are very good that both games will be a go on Exhibition field (The Grandstand), since it's drainage is better and it gets much less use.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast, I can't believe what i just read on here. You should be ashamed of yourself for those comments. I can't think of one guy on the prem team who hasn't welcomed the cat guys with open arms. Soccer is a big cycle with older players passing on their knowledge to the young. I can remember training with Surrey utd many years ago and learning off of the "old guys such as Kelly Bey, Dave Wyatt, Avery, Meers, Muirhead, Dolan, sullivan, duncan and the list goes on. I looked up to and respected these guys. After they won four valley prem titles in a row, and Me and others winning four Div one championships in a row, I was dying to play premier. I used to give my left nut when Foden would ask me to sit on the bench for those guys. Did I play much?? No, not at first, But I watched and I learned from older, better players. After years of hard work and aspirations of playing at the most competitive, best calibre soccer.... hard work and commitment has paid off, and I am now hopefully one of those players your cat guys should look up to. As far as I am concerned, any player who is playing CAT and is not aspiring to play premier, should go play Div 1. I expect when I come back from my injury to play with the Cat team for several games before making the jump back to premier. Is this going to be an issue?? You should be reminded that the Premier team should Be our club's first priority. I'm not trying to come on here and Big leauge or be-little you, but you need to look at the bigger picture which should be for all of us winning a BC title and going on to the nationals. The Club system works if all coaches buy in, that is what is partly wrong with soccer in BC is that lower level coaches are approched by metro or gold coaches who want to take one of the silver or house players and instead of the coach telling young billy to leave, advance his skills and pursue soccer at the elite level, the coach selfishly holds the player back because he is the team stud. No wonder we can't qualify for the world cup, too many coaches want a fcuckin plaque for their recroom. Right, enuff said.... I'm still expecting to get some PT in the new year. Put me in Coach ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs, it get's tougher all the time to get through your posts. Perhaps more posts but shorter with a max one or two points. You would not come across as such a know it all.

I forget who took the piss out of me earlier this year, but I learned from it and have consciously dumbed down my posts and seem to get far less stick. Anyhow just a thought.

That all said, good shite you wrote. All clubs would be stronger if that thinking flowed from top to bottom.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 I agree and with you as well as Studsup, the direction has to come from the top down I am simply defending young players from our P.D.D squad. To name players on here period whether one coach has an eye on him or not does the whole team or players an injustice.
Studsup do you think I am just spouting off, this is simply me seeing and me hearing then me reacting. I know what is said by the youth on my team and am defending them and the P.D.D. Whether or not they want to play or are good enough well only time will tell. They are simply there to be called on and if they want to play up that is there choice. Players who I believe should progress are told on a weekly basis that they should be pushing themselves to make the jump. There are just to many players between the two teams to keep everyone happy, I ask the question again how do we stop the kids from not wanting to play up ?
Enough on this issue hopefully this has shed light on some rosie glasses out there.
Yoda, back to P.D.D issues, how is the field looking do I get the boys ready for your winning streak ?

Spoons02

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being one of the younger players in the PAU club. I would just like to comment on this subject. From my experience I think that the P.D.D or CAT system works quite well. I see a lot of opportunities to learn from the premier guys as well as fellow cat members. either through training sessions, playing with them in games. or simply watching from the sidelines, as the prem games are usually before the cat games. Some young players have the urge to jump to the top asap. others are simply taking in the experience at a different pace. I feel as im sure many others do. That i will have my chance up in the prem leagues and as of now our club has a lot of talented people. Im just glad to have a club like this, to play in some good calibre games and develop my skills to one day play up to prem levels, or continue on the cat program. It's all about the experience. Im just along for the ride.

-Spoons-

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel that i have to defend belfast before the PAU issue dies (for good i hope). just because belfast is an easily fired up potatoe eating irishman does not mean that he is wrong. calling out some of the young cat guys is just going to divide us more than anything. we all know where we stand in the club and don't need to have it dragged out in public.

the fact that should not be forgotten is that both pau teams have a really good chance of finishing at the top of there tables. that shows that we have a sh*tload of good players. it also shows that we have people running the prems and cat that really give a sh*t and want to win. both teams should focus on your success and enjoy the ride it does not happen all the time.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: tide reaching shoreline in White Rock

To iron out the wrinkled knickers that got twisted the last few days @ Camp PAU (on TTP) I only hope the younger lads who I feel have got a lot of promise and potential with our club do not get over excited by the banter... I noticed spoons is not a regualr on these forums and lostmytouch is a first time poster... As an avid wanker of piss taking I just wanted to clearify a few things to those who may be sensitive or uncertain about issues/comments made by Coach C & Coach B...

Albeit daft and unwise to reveil names of players, I think coach Cainy had the right intentions and had some real positive stuff to say about our PDD squad... I also think coach Belfast had the right intentions in mind by defending (what he thought) was a bit of a go at one lads "commitment" and possibly not naming a few others he feels are ready to make the jump???

I could be way off, but then again I'm not use to this mediator job... Usually I'm the wee bastard stirring the pot!!! :) :eek:

The future is bright, the future is blue!!!

As you were, Guinness

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Players who I believe should progress are told on a weekly basis that they should be pushing themselves to make the jump. There are just to many players between the two teams to keep everyone happy, I ask the question again how do we stop the kids from not wanting to play up ?
?

How about start with some meaningful dialogue with the premier coach instead of this embarrassing and misguided attempt to "stand up for your guys" by slagging him on ttp?

good on you spoons...continue to spread this message to the lads :cool:

Personally, I really enjoy meeting and interacting and training with the cat guys and encourage them and everyone to continue to develop these connections. Hang in their boys. :)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I were you guys I would use one of your closed down fields for an octogon cage match between Cainy and Belfast. I don't know either of these guys so I'm just going by what others say on here about the two. They say Cainy is a midget and coming from the chilliwack boys Belfast has a wee bit of extra weight so I guess you would have to go with Belfast. Now Cainy they say likes to get tossed(midget tossed that is) and Belfast may enjoy the odd good meal. So what ya do is fill the octogon up with food and see how far Belfast can toss Cainy without wrecking any of the calorie enduced deserts of course.This may be the only way to settle PAU's Premier/CAT problems. Unless you guys win both respected leagues(as we did last year) ;) you have every reason to hate each other.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
. You where the one who came on here and instead of making comments on the C.A.T division in general you have named players from the team who "you" feel will make the jump. Why do you think my back would be up when you question probably the best player in our clubs heart fcuk me, think about it !!
I Guess this is where the misunderstanding originated.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
I would have to disagree with some of the comments about the cat league not being very valuable. Our premier team has three starters, who came directly from our cat team, They are the spine of my team, and core players. We wouldn't be half the team we are without them.I would say of our current crop of cat players, there is one who is ready now to play premier.( Dustan Blackley) he however has commitment issues, and after asking him at least a half dozen times,I just haven't asked in a while. The ball is definately in his court. We have roughly three maybe four more players who are able to give us some positive minutes, but aren't consistent enuff or physical enuff yet. I think they will be one day in the near future. ( Ben, Conner, Alexis, Hitjeet)
it has to be about the young guys.
I would say if you can transition one a year from cat to premier thats pretty good, more would be great. if a player in the cat team is good enuff I want him in my side. Our club is currently enjoying good form from both teams wich is a testiment to our program, but like Regs said everyone has to be on the same page, and that isn't always easy. We aren't perfect but we try to work together. I'm proud of our cat team and what they are doing, They have a better team spirit than we do at the moment, and a better record as well :( I wish I could play more of them in our games, but a coaches job isn't easy.
I don't think anywhere did I question this lads heart,Iv'e seen him play loads, and he's hard as fcuk If i had questions about his heart i wouldn't consider him ready to play premier. I am not even questioning his commitment, he has night school on alot of our training nights.As for naming names obviously this was a mistake. which I won't be doing anytime soon. There are more players with strong upside, but haven't been playing for the last couple years due to school, or flying planes.
When I leave this club to play over 30s one day, it is my goal to have it continue being competitive in the premier and cat leagues, so i can come out on a Sunday and watch a match full of our young guys keep the history of winning alive, and take some pride in the fact that i had played a part. My appoligies if anyone was offended :(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever Cainy...you should know that you'd get jumped after complementing your Cat squad, their coach, and one of their promising players. Where is your head at? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0